Black Women : Sistas, would You Stop Weating This Dress?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
It's just a sleeveless sun dress I bought at a flea market in New York. It comes down way past my knees and doesn't showany cleavage at all. But the upper part is form fitting and takes the shape of my breast.

Now I just had an experience that made it necessary for me to sit down and get re-centered. When the transportation I use came to pick me up the driverexpressd his appreciation for my dress. He has in the past expressed an interest in seeing me after hours but this time instead of ignoring him I said your wife might have something to say about that. I did not know if he had a wife but this was a way of finding out. Well he did not deny having a wife but instead said he would not tell her. He kept telling me how much fun he could have with me and even told me he would come by my house at six o'****. What he did was give me an open proposition to commit adultery with him.

This is a small town. Jobs aren't a dime a dozen for Black men in this town so I'm not going to report him. Plus smaddy might decide he's breathing too much sir around here.

I don't want to stop wearing this dress. It's cool. It's comfortable and it doesn't really show a lot of skin. Plus I bought five of them. But if wearing it makes men fell free to make illicit propositions wouldn't not wearing it anymore be the right thing to do?

But, sistas , more importantly, why is it when men do things like this why do we look for something we did to invite it? Why do I feel shaken up and have to re-center to regain my self esteem as if there's something in me the man recognized as fair game, f^k marerial? Most men in this town are extremely respectful of me and wouldn't dream of being so bodacious. If there is something in my personality that makes men feel free thee isn't anything I can do about it because I am that I am and I will do what I will do. I know this. So why did it bother me so much? Why am I even thinking about ditching my clothes?

It's just a sleeveless sun dress I bought at a flea market in New York. It comes down way past my knees and doesn't showany cleavage at all. But the upper part is form fitting and takes the shape of my breast.

Now I just had an experience that made it necessary for me to sit down and get re-centered. When the transportation I use came to pick me up the driverexpressd his appreciation for my dress. He has in the past expressed an interest in seeing me after hours but this time instead of ignoring him I said your wife might have something to say about that. I did not know if he had a wife but this was a way of finding out. Well he did not deny having a wife but instead said he would not tell her. He kept telling me how much fun he could have with me and even told me he would come by my house at six o'****. What he did was give me an open proposition to commit adultery with him.

This is a small town. Jobs aren't a dime a dozen for Black men in this town so I'm not going to report him. Plus smaddy might decide he's breathing too much sir around here.

I don't want to stop wearing this dress. It's cool. It's comfortable and it doesn't really show a lot of skin. Plus I bought five of them. But if wearing it makes men fell free to make illicit propositions wouldn't not wearing it anymore be the right thing to do?

But, sistas , more importantly, why is it when men do things like this why do we look for something we did to invite it? Why do I feel shaken up and have to re-center to regain my self esteem as if there's something in me the man recognized as fair game, f^k marerial? Most men in this town are extremely respectful of me and wouldn't dream of being so bodacious. If there is something in my personality that makes men feel free thee isn't anything I can do about it because I am that I am and I will do what I will do. I know this. So why did it bother me so much? Why am I even thinking about ditching my clothes?

Sister River ... i don't know why you're feeling the way you are, it might speak to something else inside of you, perhaps an unpleasant previous experience.

On the surface, i'd not think badly of what this Brother did or said. In fact, knowing me, i'd considerate it a compliment all day long. If I continued to get this kind of response from men, i'd have one of those 5 dresses on every single day! Shooo ... people would be saying ... does she have any other clothes?!

I think it's quite natural for men to be attracted to women, and vice-versa, and for them to speak on this when moved in their Spirit to do so. That's all he did, just spoke on your beauty, your alluring self, flirting a little ... yes ... but none of that rises to the level of adultery. We really can't accuse or convict the Brother of that, for he might have known you'd say no to begin with, allowing him to have some light flirtateous banter with a pretty Sister. Remember, the man is only married, not dead.

The situation could not possibly go any further than you'd allow, which he immediately saw was not far at all. End of story.

No Sister, i'd wear the dress every single day! If you just gotta throw it away, what size is it? Send it to me! :bellydance:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

report his dumb arse.....

he is not supposed to be hitting on anybody he is supposed to be working.
the problem with black women is they are so easy on the losers.
this promotes bad behavior. next time he may rape somebody.

there is a time and a place to be sexual and there is a time when it is not right.
a man knows when is the correct time. he is out of line.

do not put yourself in danger. stop the losers.
snitch!

Sister River ... i don't know why you're feeling the way you are, it might speak to something else inside of you, perhaps an unpleasant previous experience.

On the surface, i'd not think badly of what this Brother did or said. In fact, knowing me, i'd considerate it a compliment all day long. If I continued to get this kind of response from men, i'd have one of those 5 dresses on every single day! Shooo ... people would be saying ... does she have any other clothes?!

I think it's quite natural for men to be attracted to women, and vice-versa, and for them to speak on this when moved in their Spirit to do so. That's all he did, just spoke on your beauty, your alluring self, flirting a little ... yes ... but none of that rises to the level of adultery. We really can't accuse or convict the Brother of that, for he might have known you'd say no to begin with, allowing him to have some light flirtateous banter with a pretty Sister. Remember, the man is only married, not dead.

The situation could not possibly go any further than you'd allow, which he immediately saw was not far at all. End of story.

No Sister, i'd wear the dress every single day! If you just gotta throw it away, what size is it? Send it to me! :bellydance:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
Hey sista Destee,

Thanks for the perspective. . You got me laughing now. See what I wanted him to do was say no I ain't got no wife and be telling the truth. I came out in my little dress and I'm sporting a shameless afro and all his Black self sees is feminine beauty and he don't care that I'm carrying a white cane blind in one eye and cain't see out the other and he have to say almost every word twice cuz I cain't hear weell but he don't care Recently in Chicago a man flirted with me, even told me he was falling in love with me then came back later and apologized because he forgot I am blind. I told him but you did not forget that I am a woman.

Love you back, dear sista:kiss:

he is not supposed to be hitting on anybody he is supposed to be working.
the problem with black women is they are so easy on the losers.
this promotes bad behavior. next time he may rape somebody.

there is a time and a place to be sexual and there is a time when it is not right.
a man knows when is the correct time. he is out of line.

do not put yourself in danger. stop the losers.
snitch!

Yeah brotha james. All Black men are potential rapists. I oughta turn all yawl in. Let the pinktoes gitcha. :D

I know a lady who was being bothered by one a yawl and a pinktoes told him if I catcha bothering Miss Virginia again I'ma shoot you. Wouldn't that be grand? White man shotts a Black man to protect the honor of a Black woman.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back