Black Women : sistas and their egos

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by MORE, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MORE

MORE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    sistas are the most double tongue species ever created! i get so sick and tired of watching sistas claim all this "all for one, one for all attitude," this love peace and happiness, bull they pull off only to find that it's really only about them or the people in their CLICK.
    sistas, especially if they know how to read, and got a paper sayin they can , will go to any extent to throw their weight around, and in the process show the height of their ignorance by not being able to be objective and being more interested in showing how much they "think" they know rather than being what they claim, loving and caring. sistas make me sick being so fake, and it's usually the ones who pretend to accept EVERYONE, AND LOVE EVERYONE etc. it's all a bunch of hype.. too ill for my taste:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    MORE ... Hey Sister ... :wave: ... it's good to see you!

We all certainly have room for improvement, but the key to our success is not to give up on each other ... for if we give up on each other ... we give up on self.

It's not about what others are or are not doing. It's about what each of us as individuals are doing to promote harmony and to help our people move to the next level.

If we'd focus on self, how we can improve self, how self can help our people, how self can display the type of love and togetherness that our people need ... in spite of what others are doing ... in spite of how difficult it may be sometimes ... in spite of the fact that most say we can't do this ... if we would simply focus on self ... and what self brings to the table, to help reach the greater goal, to unite our people ... we'd not have a whole lot of time to focus on what others are or aren't doing ... and ... we may inspire some to begin helping in this same struggle, checking their egos at the door.

I'm really glad to see you back ... you have a PM (in just a sec).

:heart:

Destee

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    more, i agree, some sisters are like that
    butttttttttt
    this is learned behavior
    and sisters don't even do it as well
    as the people they learned it from(anglo-saxxons)
    peace
    khasm

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i feel ya on this ...........indeed it's happening
    it's misleaded misguided directional myth
    many sistas need the light shine upon them and
    we have to teach them what's real not fake

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I,m opened for any advice on personal growth. However, I can't help but to notice the struggles of my mother and fellow sister's.The tears she cried and the barriers that bound her. I grew-up with two parents. But it was my mother who held it down. Don't get me wrong when I say this,even though I loved my father, He had'nt a clue to what needed to be done to maintain a family. My mother did the worrying, She did the laboring,She did his job. Not because she wanted to but because she had to. I recognize my sisters struggles. I am proud of their accomplishments. So if expressing this love for my sisters is considered egotistic. Then so I shall be. Much love for the unity of sisters. Brothers give each other props all the time.
    But when Black women do it Is false, ignorant,and a tad bit over bearing. I don't have no college degrees, but I know that I,m proud to be a black women whose not alone in the struggle. It's nothing personal.

6. Azzura76

Azzura76 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    being natural

;) sista these days are more interested in living white then living
    natural. Everyday I watch young women stress over there hair, nails and other fake items they have on. Me I love living the natural way being able to love myself more along with respecting myself more with out the stress.
    :toast:

7. prometheusunbou

prometheusunbou Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I see your point there is a growing trend of AAW pretending to be all that and a bag of Pringles, but this may be in response to what Black Woman have been put thru, all this time you all have been used for sex by slave owners and then by the Black Man. pimpt buy the system and scorned buy the media as an anjamima. When you see music vids of Black females it is always something sexual not respectful.
    Black females try to stick with there Men that go to prison only to get kicked to the curb when freedom is at hand. Black Woman have always been the back bone of the Black family and always the one to sacrifice the most without even a thanks so its no wonder that you see a breakdown to fantasy in BW behavior now instead of hating lets try to understand what the hell is happening and how we can fix it. More: sistas are the most double tongue species ever created! i get so sick and tired of watching sistas claim all this "all for one, one for all attitude,"... MORE: sistas make me sick being so fake, and it's usually the ones who pretend to accept EVERYONE, AND LOVE EVERYONE etc. it's all a bunch of hype.. too ill for my taste... Azzura76: sista these days are more interested in living white then living natural...

now how is it that you 2 make difference betwen yourselves and other BW?

PurpleMoons you go girl!!!

8. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    seems like you just described anyone that is overaly dependent on a degree to validate their worth - as well as anyone inundated by western values. you described men and women.

9. diva08

diva08 Well-Known Member MEMBER

elementary music teacher
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you know better, do better. if you do better, encourage others to do the same. a big problem with us is that we can identify problems so well. what r we doing to change? start in your own house. invite people to dinner, inspire them to change. teach children, volunteer, check out the schools. criticism isn't worth anything unless it's constructive.

b constructive.

peace

d

10. Azzura76

Azzura76 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I stand by Diva08. I believe you have to start within before you can do anything.

I use to be that kind of person who did things because of others and to fit in. NOW I DO IT FOR ME= I can't live the lies I was told all my life I have to do the research and go from there. Plant the seeds in my kids and help them become a solution to the world and not the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.