Black Relationships : Sistahs: What Do White Men Have That We Don't Have Thats So Compelling To You?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by KWABENA, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    SEE ME FOR INPUT

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    Hmmmm...Brother Cedric, this should prove to be a very interesting thread! Unfortunately I can't respond to your questions because I'm not one of those sisters that you are referring to. I look forward, however, to reading the different responses.

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I'm with Queenie on this one. White men are not compelling to me. That is not to say that I have never held a nice conversation with one, or that I have never found one to be attractive(could never bring myself to date one though). Compelling? Not my cup of tea. So, guess I'm waiting for other replies as well.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    And I applaud you for that Sistah Queenie. You always struck me as a strong black Woman who did not need to apply to this. You are too stong a person for mess anyway, but good to hear from you again.

Cedric Denson

5. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, whats up with the sistah's doing that?
    I guess they feel like, "if you cant beat 'em, join 'em"!

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I'm not saying this a bad thing. I don't mind if sistahs want to associate with white men, its just that as they do it, they begin to look at brothas like trash. Last few sistahs I remember to hook-up with a white boy - didn't talk to me or any other brother for at least two months. Hurt? no, but did't get it.

Some sistahs don't like to give black men a chance; we are just criminals or bad news right away.

As for me, I will give ANY sistah a chance. I don't care how bad you, how mean you are, how you act, or whatever. You are still human, I know there is a good side to you, and most of all, YOU ARE GOD'S GIFT TO A MAN! I can't possibly imagine turning away from the gift from God. I don't think about why I should NOT talk to you, I find a reason why I should. At least just to talk, you don't have to be with every man that you TALK to. Not every brotha is negative, and I know every sistah isn't.

Cedric Denson

7. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I never spend much time talking to a white man to find him interesting. My deep distrust with white people in general keeps that from happening. So...there is nothing a white man can do for me that could tempt me into any type of relationship short of a "working" relationship.

BUT, I live in Seattle. I've seen more and more black women with white men...and I admit I do a double take every time. This weekend I had a guest in from Maryland. He could not believe what he was seeing. I've only talked to ONE woman who is dating a white man and she claims she is tired of waiting on a brother to find her appealing and attractive. She wants a family because her biological alarm clock was ringing off the hook.

Some women here claim they don't meet black men. But I golf and bowl...meet many single black men all the time. I guess they are just looking in the wrong places.

8. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    My man...this is a question to ask in my city. Black women dating white equals if not surpasses black men dating white. I am just gonna sit in and see if one tells you why they do it.

9. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, I certainly can't answer this one. Don't do white folks. Sorry. But, I have heard many women say that a man is a man. Period. A few sistas I know that have dated white men say that they are treated better. *shurgs* Dunno know what they mean, and honestly don't care.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    it's a waste of your time to worry about what some one else finds attractive.
    just step around those sisters and step to the next one who is waiting expectantly for your attention. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.