Black People : Sistah's Please Explain

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nasheed, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hotep
    Growing up with 5 Sisters, no brothers, and having 6 girls of my own I feel that I understand women for the most part. There is one thing that I still can't get a grasp on. "How do Sistah's get mad at you for being upset with them?"

I just went through a situation with my wife and daughter and they both upset me by their actions. So, being who I am, Im not gonna talk to them for a whole day in expression of feelings about what they did.
    Well, needless to say, it didn't work, it backfired. They were more upset with me by being upset with them and I ended up apologizing to them. I didnt even know why I was apologizing I was jus compelled to do so. This has happened all my life and I can't figure it out.

Can ya please explain? Brothers feel free to offer another brother advise if you have an understanding on this one.

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Bro Nasheed

I love your honesty and your willingness to try and understand "us". There is no understanding of emotion. Your going to be dam-if-you-do and dam-if-you-dont, no matter WHAT you do LOL The only advice I can give you is to be you and your going to be fine.

3. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Queen Linda

Thanx for your response. I kinda I figured this would be the answer. I guess I better jus keep apologizing. Lol
    Much Love

4. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Nasheed, it seems that your wife and daughter are spoiled and it's all your fault...LOL

Seriously though, the wifey is also a Scorpio correct? So I am sure that she goes a whole day and more (if need be) without talking as an expression of her feelings as well, of course I could be wrong... Shrugs

Astrologer4U

5. Son of RA

Son of RA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +92
    Greetings,

Code:
    "How do Sistah's get mad at you for being upset with them?"
    We are not supposed to be mad at them. To many sistahs feel they should do whatever they want to. You say something to them then all of a sudden you are being called the "angry Black man" or "abrasive and confrontational". This is usually when they call their "homeboy" the white male (law enforcement).

Code:
    I didnt even know why I was apologizing I was just compelled to do so. This has happened all my life and I can't figure it out.
    I have heard that one before. But you can be sure of one thing, they know why you are apologizing and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Code:
     Brothers feel free to offer another brother advise if you have an understanding on this one
    Neely Fuller said, "Minimize conflict by minimizing contact". Most brothas have told me they just left for a few hours, days, weeks, or even months.
    The solution is like the elder keep telling us, "Replace the system of white supremacy with a system of justice". I suggest you get his book. It is valuable source of info for so called married couples. It is the r/ws that causes the most problems of the world --> confusion, distractions, misunderstanding between peoples of the planet including so called husband and wife, so called father and children, so called mother and children and so on. Just do one thing bro, like my Grandmother tells me, keep your feathers. Don't let these women pluck your feathers cause then you will be a bald, cold rooster running around the farm [​IMG]. In order to keep your feathers you will make the sistahs mad, cause they have been programmed (by r/ws) to pluck your feathers.

Tranquility

6. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    What about if this were a serious business relationship?

Thjis all sounds kinda nice and cute but when this kinda stuff happens in a business relationship itis not funny or cute at all, and can cost one their life savings

7. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Sistah Astro

Truth be told they are very spoiled and I did it, lol. Now that I think back, I spoiled all my sisters as well.:SuN015: I did this to myself.
    Yes my wife is a Scorpio as well so you already know, lol.

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

:bully:

:whip:

:fyi:

:geek:

Broski, you had the script flipped on you. I would advise you to stick to your own guns. Because when it counts, they both know you will punk out!

9. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    King Brother, the biggest problem (to me) in not speaking to one another is how the heck is something supposed to get resolved if we don't talk about it? also too, sometimes my own head is a dangerous neighborhood to walk thru.......i can "mug" myself, just thinking! Between what hasn't been said and what i've been thinking.....any argument with my King gets much worse. My "Great Love" is a Cancer, compelled to express what is on his mind, and I'm a Capricorn, slow to speak, but direct (added bonus of time!)....Issues rarely make it to the point of an argument, 'cause by now, I have a pretty good idea of what will displease him.

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290

This is true.

King Nasheed, folks are not going to respect you more than you respect yorself. Do you take from your daughters behavior you wouldn't let them take from their boyfriends?

I remember when I was a kid if there was something I did not want to do I'd whine and pout and throw myself about. My father would say "Well looks like I have to be the bad guy today." I'd stop mid throw "Uh Oh, he's not afraid to be the bad guy"

I don't mean you should be mean and nasty but don't be afraid to stand up for Nasheed and don't be impressed when they get mad.. When my niece was younger she would eat until smaddy made her stop and when I refused to let her eat out the whole refrigerator she would throw herself down and cry so piteously anybody didn't know better would think she had never had a bite to eat in all her life. Well I knew better so I was not impressed. I'd say "When you finish you go do what I told you."

Brotha Omo used to have a signature that said "If you always do what you've always done you willj always get what you've always got." You don't have to be somebody you're not but be a stronger version of you on your own terms. You are a man with or without anybody else's say so. Making a big speech won't do it. Just like the king said stick to your guns. Don't be afraid to be the bad guy. And don't be impressed when they carry on. These things only last five days anyhow.

And brotha be patient with the progress of things. They won't like it. They will do everything in their power to return to homeostasis. Again, don't be impressed.

And really this is what they want, what they need. No queen wants a door mat but a man she can respect.

This has been a public service message brought to you by Da River.