Black History Culture : Sistah Souljah Remains THE TRUTH

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Fine1952, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    [​IMG]
    Lisa Williamson-Marshall -- (Born in 1964 in the Bronx, NY)
    [​IMG]

On June 13, 1992 Mr. Bill Clinton (eg. campaignng for the highest office in the land decided to crash in on Jess Jackson's Rainbow Coalition and kill two birds with one stone).

While standing within feet of Jesse Jackson at that convention Mr. Clinton censored Sistah Souljah out by stating: "if you took the words white and black and reversed them, you might think David Duke was giving that speech.” -- this remark by Mr. Clinton was in response to what Lisa Willamson aka Sistah Souljah had said which was: “If black people kill black people every day, why not have a week and kill white people.”

Sistah Souljah did not rebuke him hence the term "Sistah Souljah Moment" because the remark silenced her completely on a socio-politica level.

I've read both her books. Both excellent fictionary literature. Sadly, i will have to wait until the former President, Bill Clnton, croakes before I can entertain the thought of going out to get popcorn and green tea, LOL!

Sources #1

Source #2

Source #3

Source #4

Source #5

2. nubian noir

nubian noir Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    she's still around on point about what is going on today.

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    Right you are. Her light shines as brightly as Ophra. Hence, the resurrection.

Thx for responding!