South Africa : SiS Zulile...what do you know about >South Africa's Mbeki resigns afer power struggle

Hello Sister True :)

I'm not quite sure what you'd like to understand about the situation.

The public has been asking Mbeki to step down for some time citing 'no confidence' - particularly with his stance on Zimbabwe where he believes in diplomatic resolution, not war - and his battle with ex Deputy President, Zuma, which came to a head a last month.

The ANC is the majority rule - 70% of the population (Consider Black South Africans are but 75% of the population) - and the leadership change is in-party, meaning there will likely be little change for anyone, outside of emotional well-being - for some time.

Despite the long standing rivalry between Mbeki and the next SA President, Zuma (to be elected in April) - it is expected to be a smooth transition with minimal fall-out at home or abroad.

:heart:
Zulile

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Thanks again for sharing Brother Clyde....
I am not really overstanding what you mean when you say; "goodness, sometimes sorts through with change."
As these events are taking place in SA today, I'm not quite comfortable with the "sometimes" part cause WE NEED something NOW...time

So well will see...many things....all things reveal in time huh:?
:time:

I did read the whole article and still would like it in plain round the kitchen table language.

M.E.
:hearts2:

Abena,

Simply, that with change, sometimes good is manifested.

Hello Sister True :)

I'm not quite sure what you'd like to understand about the situation.

The public has been asking Mbeki to step down for some time citing 'no confidence' - particularly with his stance on Zimbabwe where he believes in diplomatic resolution, not war - and his battle with ex Deputy President, Zuma, which came to a head a last month.

The ANC is the majority rule - 70% of the population (Consider Black South Africans are but 75% of the population) - and the leadership change is in-party, meaning there will likely be little change for anyone, outside of emotional well-being - for some time.

Despite the long standing rivalry between Mbeki and the next SA President, Zuma (to be elected in April) - it is expected to be a smooth transition with minimal fall-out at home or abroad.

:heart:
Zulile

Hey SiS Zulile!

Ok....work with me a minute. I'm trying to overstand just who would be considered the "good guy" and whom the "bad" of Mbeki and Zuma.

Am I to liken Mbeki with Bush and Zuma with Cynthia McKinney for example. Keeping in mind that Bush is the "bad guy" while McKinney, for Afreekans here, would be the "good guy":?:
Yet when you say the leadership change in "in-party" then that suggest to me something like us going from Bush to McCain. Is that the right equivalent of where things stand there in SA now:?:

As a SA of conscious Revolutionary thought, who would you want in leadership:?: I think in the end, that's what I'm looking for. And not just "you", yet, those Afreekans on the continent residing in SA, who are of Pan-Afreekan Revolutionary minds....who/what do they wish to see happen:?:

For me here in amerikkka, I'd like to see Cynthia McKinney in the top leadership position...her and/or other's with her mindset.

M.E.
:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back