Single Parents

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by PurpleMoons, Nov 2, 2006.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    With limited access of support, and the stresses of work, bills, life, and children begins to take it's toil, how do you reliquish all that pent up tension before you :explode: :uzi: :censored: ? Who, what, where..... is your outlet? Or do you just ride the tides of emotion?:horse:

2. sweettee29

sweettee29 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    POETRY!!!

This has always been my release of tension Purplemoons. I can put anything on paper anger, love, happiness, confusion I am blessed that God has given me such a talent.

And I must say Thank you for posting this. Sometimes I feel like I am at the end of my rope with all that is on my plate.
    Oddly enough when it gets to be too much I find myself just staring at my 2yr old daughter Winter and just getting a kick out of her smile and her laughter.

I can't forget the Creator who gives me strength to endure each and everyday and he allows me to never lose faith.
    AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BEACH OR ANY NATURAL SETTING IT CALMS ME.
    I can't forget them nasty @ss ciggarettes I smoke(usually the easiest release that I can get SUPER quick)
    lol
    Sweettee, love

3. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    You are so dead on about poetry. I forgot about that. Sister, right now I feel like hurtin something. The hairs in my eyebrows are even tensed. Thank you for responding, lawd knows I need some support right know.:love:

Bytheway, I have a 2yr old neice named Winter. Such a beautiful name. She's a doll too.:)

:massage:

4. sweettee29

Ratings:
    +6
    Ahhhhhhh yes sistah, when I write I always feel a release and I feel good, now what I put on paper may be harsh but it is a better way of getting it out than catching a smooth aggrivated assault case girl hahaahaa
    I have done that myself and thats too much trouble to get out of sistah , take it from somebody who knows girl. No matter how much you know they deserved it.

You ok sistah, I am here and I have two good ears.

Holla back

And girl ain't them Winter's something else hahaha

Sweettee, love

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I'm not a single mother; but when you have a silly-willy s/o who "cuts up"... you feel like you're single with an additional child:lol: My daughter is extremely well behaved; however, there are times when I wear a wig to prevent myself from pulling my hair out :lol:... Anyhoo, I escape to the cyberworld... Being online is like being in a whole different world for me, so THEY know to give me 10 feet. Like right now... He's gone, daughter in school, fireplace ablaze, slightly sprinkling:rain:, got my caramel frappuccino, just knocked off some bills... Ahhhhh... I am on cloud9 But... wait till around 4 when errrrrrryone comes home:rolleyes:...l:heart:l...j/k:spinstar:

Peace

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I love to laugh.
    I have several comedy dvd's, eddie murphy,richard pryor,dave chappelle,rudy ray more,chris tucker and many more.
    I have a glass of merlot at night before I go to sleep,or sometimes during my bath, with the lights off,candles lit and some slow beautiful music playing like some old johnnie gill,brian mcknight,minnie ripperton,new edition's can you stand the rain is my favorite.
    I also write poetry.
    Excercise in my basement or the gym.
    Oh and sex at least once a week or maybe every two weeks,depends on how I feel.If I want to be bothered fine, if not there is always tyrese in my bottom drawer.

My baby is 10 so she is a great help to me.
    It's that college math work they give kids now that makes me want to tell my baby to call a lifeline.:eek:
    I wake up at 5am.
    I drive three hours a day to work.
    An hour and a half each way.
    Work 8-10 hrs.
    Come home to help her with her homework, while I prepare dinner.
    Get our clothes ready for the next day.Straighten the house up if need be.
    Comb her hair and make sure she brushes her teeth and showers.
    Take a bath and fall out!

7. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    My Sisters! Smh...You are all beautful and wonderful! Your suggestions are very helpful and I can sense the humor that helps to get you through such a trying time. I am the mother of five children. Sometimes eight and nine at a time. Whew! I know your probably wondering how is this possible. Well, I gave birth to three and the others are adopted, in a sortof..kindof...way. They are my blood relatives. (neices and Nephews) Free time seems almost not possible. My youngest is 8. I always thought I would still have time to do all the things I wanted, which was the reasons why I spaced my children so far apart. (8 and 6yrs) But here I am still raising babies 5 and 8mths old. It is very challenging indeed.

After Sister Sweettee post yersterday, I snatched my nephew up, placed him on the bed with me, and did some reading. That helped relax me alot. The kids was still being kids and everyday life was still going strong, But I found my outlet and it couldn't have been at a better time. With so many babies being hurt these days, and so many parents playing a large part in their pain, my hope is that this thread will be filled with ideas and suggestions. This way, if there is a parent whose struggling with stress and they don't have an outlet or support, the information will be here to help them cope and get through the temporay moments of insanity.

Here's to you my awesome Sisters! :toast: Thank you...Thank you...Thank you for responding and the great outlets you've shared. :blowkiss:
    Keep those Suggestions coming!

8. Eks

Eks Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You (plural) sisters are beautiful. As you all are pointing out, there are many HEALTHY and SAFE avenues for addressing/coping/ working through life’s stress/stressors. None of which include drinking, smoking, binge behaviors, or seeking validation via another person. Laughter, prayer, meditation, externalized creative expression, passive entertainment…. Do you gurllllllfren!... throw in a pedicure, and you are good to go!

9. sweettee29

Ratings:
    +6
    NOW THATS A REAL SUPER WOMAN, MAY PEACE AND BLESSINGS ALWAYS FALL YOUR WAY SISTAH, YOU DESERVE THAT AND MUCH MORE.
    I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS
    Be
    Ye
    Encouraged

love ya, sweettee