Black People : Sincere Ignorance or Malicious Intent - How Do You Distinguish the Two?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

How can you tell if someone is sincerely ignorant regarding a topic, how a thing should be done, considered, etc. ... vs ... one who knows what is expected, but maliciously and intentionally does otherwise?

How do you make these determinations? What signs do you look for?

If you're ever inclined to help someone, there must be a point where you feel they need (and might be responsive to) help ... vs ... they are just being difficult, malicious, etc., rendering your help a joke.

For example : all say they want unity ... but it's elusive ... with most behaviors supporting its absence.

How do you know if one is demonstrating sincere ignorance or malicious intent to hinder any unity?

How do you distinguish these very different spaces, that often have identical attributes?

Looking forward to the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    Many times what they say gives them away, for example: I know I'm going to get banned for this. The same thing goes for a topic, what they say will tell all. If the topic was industrial electrical equipment, and motors. And they say they no nothing about the field, but use terms like, "wild leg", "kicking out" or "sync drive", they would be lying. Because two of these terms are slang, and one is shorten down.

Luv ya...

:kiss:

Peace!!!

3. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    Lets say someone has an avatar of a Red, Black and Green flag but invite discussions about issues that undermines the dignity of black people but does it in a subtle way. That is inconsistent with the Red Black and Green avatar to invite discussions that undermines the dignity of black peoples. Also they hedge in areas you would not expect such as, its OK if black people have self loathing and have a lack of appreciation for others like them and who share similar history, yet topics like that have very deep historical roots that blacks see play out in their personal lives. That would be inconsistent for any typical and proud black person to hedge on issues that unite and facilitate progress for African decent peoples. Posters that pretend to be someone they are not tend to be interested in topics that are divisive and sow seeds of contempt.

Also any typical proud black person tend to be angry for black people, strongly opinionated and outspoken about how blacks should remedy the issues that undermine our well being and seeks to unite, not naive and absent of strong opinions that show a passion of black pride especially someone that shows an avatar of black power and independence. Typically people who show such inconsistency and divisive interests are frauds, trolls and trouble makers and WHITE.

4. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    But on the other hand, how can one in fact know? You can't unless the person admits it. So you play along because, sincere or insincere ignorance or ill intent will often draw enlightened and interesting comments and we all benefit anyway. I think, what does it matter as long people are not maliciously attacked and called names.

5. SouthsideIrish

SouthsideIrish Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    Real to tough to tell on the internet. For it is all just text...Tone and body language can't be considered..Those are important tools for figuring out motive, comprehension, and such. I think you are sensible destee...Trust your gut.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    it's the difference between...

and a

[​IMG]

and on the internet u can never be quite sure which one u are dealing with...

one love
    khasm

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i have no malicious intents.......:angel1:

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

I agree with this 100%..... except that they aren't all white, or even necessarily white. :)

9. JuneBugg

Ratings:
    +247
    Yeah, you right about my white comment, it was unfair to only single them out, got to be careful about absolute comments, that person could be Chinese or whatever. I've been re-listening to and rolling off the comedy of Paul Mooney :D LOL And this right wing anti-Obama political environment got me a little skewed. I watch a lot of MSNBC LOL

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I don't think it's unfair to single them out, because at least 6 out of 10 of those "knowledgeable" insincere are white. In MY experience, the other "maliciously and intentionally insincere" 4 have been black. For instance, I was once on a board with a person of the user-name "Marcus Garvey." Marcus Garvey was anti-black female. We got into it often about the :bs: "he" wrote, mainly, calling black women traitors to the race, sistahs in the South sleeping with KKKers and telling our plans and "secrets," ad nauseum. :rolleyes: We'd go at it, hot and heavy (oh! :lol: Turns out filthy rich white men don't care if their daughters marry poor black men - just want them to be "happy," according to 'Marcus Garvey'. Whateva).

At any rate, there was also a female poster, user-name, say, Sojourner Truth. One day MG and I were battling it out, and something strange happened. I said something to MG and Sojourner answered! At first, I missed it, she came in so smooth. But then, it happened again in another thread, and then another (I'm almost embarrassed to say it took me a while to catch on. But catch on I did.... eventually :blush: ). The convo went something like this:

MG: Such and such did this!
    Kadijah: If such and such did blah, blah, blah, then why didn't somebody say something?!
    ST (enters): It's a known fact that blah, blah, blah, thus, such and such did do this!
    Kadijah: Oh gimme a break! Known by who!?
    ST: Facts are facts!

Notice, MG has left the conversation and now it's between me and ST. This happened so many times before I caught on, well, :blush: . MG and ST were the same person. ST was the intentionally dishonest person, for ST was a female. Now I can't say she was "maliciously" dishonest because I don't know what her agenda was with her alter ego, MG, but no one reading ST's posts would ever think she was anti-black female (she was a fly, 20-something, black female).

Oh, and yes, I'm certain it was the female ST posting as the male MG. Uh, she got me to "looking" at her, i.e., dissecting every word she wrote... to anybody. Not to mention the elder who was shocked when in response to his admonishment to her about saying something Marcus Garvey would never say, she replied she didn't care about Marcus Garvey. It was "just a name" to her. Plus, she got personal with me, asking questions and making "guesses" that ONLY a female would even care about.... ;)

She's just the one with an agenda :10500: that caused her to "intentionally" deceive that came first to my mind. Trust, there have been other blacks who deceived, either intentionally, maliciously, or both, that I've run into on MBs over the years. And when Obama threw his hat into the presidential ring, a whole buncha malicious "black" deceivers came out of the woodwork, posting stuff they KNEW was false, but determined to throw some kinda dirt on the black man who would be POTUS.