Black Poetry : Since You Went Away

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by HODEE, Nov 11, 2003.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Since you went away. All I remember is that last kiss. The flames don't dance as high I'm sure. Since you went away, the birds don't sing to me anymore. Picture perfect memories are all I have. I remember you they carry me day to day. These same thoughts get me through the night. I don't want to give up the fight. I really miss you. The house and my heart are empty. Without you. I still don't understand. I have no courage and vision, and I'm so lonely. I shouldn't complain. I at least had time. In the same life as you. To love and leave. To leave and lose. I really am confused. Where ever I am. What ever I do. I have you on my mind. Silly over whelming thoughts of you. Taking up my time. Will you ever come back to me? I doubt sometimes myself. If I continue to live. Fate will up the cards it dealt. The set I had. You in the hand. I played the hand not well. I miss you darling. This letter to you. I'm sure that you can tell. I'm in good health. I know not how long. Heart break plays its toll. If fate be that we meet again. These dreams I vow to hold. Since you went away. I sit and dream. I dream and dream to much. I will never again let you go.

2. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    wow
    brother Hodee
    feeling this
    straight from the heart
    much love to you
    Peace

3. Randee

Randee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Legal
    Ratings:
    +43
    Since I left everything has been such a mess and unlike before there is noone to blame or to transfer onto my stress. Since I left I have found no one who has made me feel like you did, you're right, from you i always hid. No one has been able to reach me with the passion and intensity from you, and I flee? Since I left baby all I think about is you and how there are very few able to infiltrate my soul and how, on the whole, I should have stayed, with you my life was made. Since I left I have been so cold everyday I long for you to hold, can't believe I walked away, spitting fire with the words I had to say. Since I left I only wish to reclaim just one of those days where you were with me every step of the way. Since I left I've changed my mind about who I am and my past choices i condemn. Since I left I have wondered a hundred times if I asked you would you still be mine? Or did I ruin something so honest and pure that I did us in and there is no cure?

4. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    nice flow Hodee...
    from da heart
    love ya...:angel1:

5. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    the heartache of a sunken relationship.

nice write &...
    Randee, I enjoyed your poetic response.

feelin'it souldeep!
    Coco :heart:

6. poeticlyspeakin

poeticlyspeakin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Living
    Home is where the heart is, but my heart isn't her
    Ratings:
    +7
    WOW...

THIS IS REALLY REALLY GOOD, DEEP... I KNOW THIS FEELING ALL TOO WELL, IM OVER THAT NOW THO.