Black People : Since We Taught Them

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    well i believe

because our base nature is peace

and it's hard to fight someone who has weapons and will go to any length to kill and control you

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hmmmm....

What I read of our Ancestors, their very existence was dedicated to maintaining balance and harmony on earth as well as in their communities. I doubt they lacked knowledge of the negative effect. The negative just wasn't their objective.

When the white men obtained the knowledge, they knew all about the Great Teacher's who could show the people how to defend themselves against such attacks. But guess what. They made sure they were the first to go. They destroyed all the books, houses, schools, scrolls, apprentices they knew about. Scattering many well versed students through out the land.

As time passed on from generation to generation, many secrets was lost to the children as they began to adjust to the white mans authority. The information their parents parents knew became myths and legends passed on orally.

This was where the whites got their advantage over our people. Not to mention they had better weapons than our Ancestors of that time.

Our Ancestors, although they were the majority in Africa, they did not support anykind of supremacy. This is how whites was able to come and study in our schools. They believe that everything and everyone was connected. They sought balance, harmony, and order.

I don't doubt there were some who spoke out against intergrating whites into
    there society, but they probably wasn't in a position to make the final decision.

So therefore, its not that they didn't know how to defend themselves or that they contributed to black supremacy. The most knowledgeable was killed and some scattered. This was the whites first successful attempt of conquer and divide. Leaving only those who was at the beginning of their studies or to young to fully understand it all.

:heart:

4. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    i'm not sure i can answer ur ?, or 2 what xtent it's rhetorical, but i'll write my thots on this subject.

i agree w u that we taught the euro's much, f not most, of what they learned & gave them their primary basis 4 developing further scientific diciplines - thou, i also think they gained some from their contact w other groups (asians & aztec indians 2 name 2 of them).

"Since everything has two sides to it and they dwelled and used the negative side of what our people taught them on us...it sort of makes me wonder why our people did not master both sides of the knowledge in case something like this happened?"

i'm not really sure what's included n ur "everything" hving two sides. does that include concepts & constructs? f u r including the non-linear, intangible, & immaterial, i'm not sure i agree. i may not b understanding fully what u mean. accurate knowledge may b arrived @ by many different paths, may b viewed from diverse angels, & may b used 2 substantiate a dichotomy of hypotheses - but i'm not aware of it hving two sides or a "flip" side.

the only type of negative knowledge i'm aware of, & this may simply b a reflection of the limitations of my knowledge, is false knowledge, or lack of knowledge. however, i believe knowledge that is absorbed by any group of ppl, & the way n which it is used is, n part, determined by the broad cultural objectives of those ppl n the group who r n position 2 c that their imperatives r xecuted, & 2 a lesser xtent, the consenses of the general populace.

so, i'm tend 2 view it not so much as negative knowledge, but a perverse, truculent use of knowledge, n order 2 achieve their goal of world conquest. i sincerely hope i'm not delving n2 an artificial semantics diatribe here.

i do think we as a ppl, n our ancient homeland, failed 2 adequately safeguard our heritage, knowledge base, & our culture from those who might wish to do us harm. that gap was exploited, early & often, by the destroyers from the dessert as well as the pale preditors from the mountains.

gr8 topic Keita :lift:

5. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I actually agree with what U R saying :) We talked about this in an earlier thread I'll see if I can find it later. Because of how we label things, ppl fail to see the parts as pieces of the whole or falsely see 1 thing as 2 different things because of the difference of perspective or angle we see the concept or object. By using subjective labeling on objects we tend to distort our own reality. Labeling was something being conversed about in the thread bro. Keita mentioned. I'll provide a few examples of what I mean. Some common terms we use everyday as such as food, medicines, poisons. You would think these are all different things but they're not. Snake venom is commonly labeled a poison. Depending on the dosage an individual takes in this snake venom can be used as a medicine. The subjective labels, medicine being the 'good' and poison being the 'bad' can prevent the average person to see the object snake venom objectivly. The same (or opposite) could be said of water something seemingly harmless, guess what will happen if you drink too much and how will that differ from a so called poison. My next example would be gun powder commonly used for guns most ppl would term this bad, but I think most ppl here know that it wasn't intended to hurt ppl, The Chinese alchemists were trying to use the ingredients we call gun powder as an elixer for immortality. They often used the ingredients for firework displays. The common mixture of ingredients, charcoal, sulphur and saltpeter wasn't called gunpowder of course back then. I believe it was termed huo yao, or the "fire chemical". (I trust someone will correct me if I'm wrong). So depending on the intentions of the user or users, Huo yao could be a good thing or bad thing. Now lets take this term 'knowledge' As Alkebulan, said

"however, i believe knowledge that is absorbed by any group of ppl, & the way n which it is used is, n part, determined by the broad cultural objectives of those ppl n the group who r n position 2 c that their imperatives r xecuted, & 2 a lesser xtent, the consenses of the general populace."

Knowlege depending on the intentions can be a good or bad thing.

Now let me briefly dive into the popular concept of 'white supremacy' (a subjective term indeed) What exactly is this? How does the importance of 'knowing' all the aspects of that, trump 'knowing' all the aspects of ones self. Because of the subjective nature of this term I can't even make a general statement on this cause it's proponents probably each define it differently. So I'll wait for feedback on it and deal with it on individual bases. (would it be safe to say an example of this 'white trick' tactic would be telling the world that they were the ones smart enough to take the huo yao 'gunpowder' from the Chinese and use it for a weapon? {which is false by the way} Which in turn sends a subconscious thought that europeans are some bad mother fu 'shut your mouth, I'm just talking bout caucasians :x: courtesy of Issaic hayes)
    (forgive my tactics of 'lightening' things up I believe this keeps me closer to a more peaceful state of mind but may have an opposite effect on someone else :( :explode: )

I'm going to take a tangent here to start also considering how ppl use their mental energies of analysis as a way of trying to under/overstand things. I believe as ppl spirtually mature they not only analyze things but they do the opposite which is synthesize things as well. Exercising both, particularly when it comes to knowing thy self (but should be done with all things) will really give a person a more realistic view of our 'objective realm' this will in turn help you understand others as well as your self.

peace

6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Great points made Brother Alke and Hiphopolx!

:heart:

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This is a great spin, brotha Keita. You got the cats cerebrating.

I have to point out that in the passage of knowledge from the inhued peoples of the world to the disinhued peoples it was not so much we who failed to gain tull knowledge but the whites themselves. Since they came in with an agenda and our ancestors being wise were fully aware of this agenda, they were never allowed into the inner circle. They were never initiated into the esoteric aspects of the knowledge they attained, In fact, many times what would happen when a teacher refused to tell them what some inscription meant they would kill that teacher and keep looking until they found someone who was cowed enough to tell them. As a result the knowledge they gained was superficial, incomplete and lacking in the wisdom needed to use it beneficially. Why do you think yt has never been able to build anything that lasts for even one thousand years? All the things they built a thousand years ago are in ruins today. None of the so-called great "civilizations" they established still exists today.

From them we learned how to build temporary things. Our task as we move into the new age is to regain what was lost. The deeper esoteric knowledge that was hidden from the white man and therefore denied to us. But the same melanin that allowed our ancestors to obtain such knowledge and the wisom to go with it will restore it in us.

8. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I SEE you have AWAKENED.

Now how many more shall Wake UP in turn and ARISE!

:peace:

9. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    For once, I must disagree with you sister PM.

Quote:

"This was the whites first successful attempt of conquer and divide."

Our people were internally divided long before "whites" were "created", "grafted" and/or "conceived".

Again, we must study the legends surrounding "Osiris", "Set" and "Horus". This was a PRE-Dynastic REALITY.

Peace!

10. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I found the link I mentioned
    http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45346