Spoken Word : Since My Initial "MicTest" worked ... Let's Start Practicing Yall!

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Destee, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Everyone,

Since my mictest.wav file worked I think it's okay for folk to begin uploading .wav files and practicing and testing this forum. There is not going to be any cost for more than a month, so everyone can take part and try this out and hear each other and all that stuff. The only problem I'm seeing so far is that BIG files aren't working. So let your tests be a few words, like ...

"Hi Yall"
    "Mic Test, 1, 2, 3"
    "My name is _______"
    "This is a great idea"

Stuff like that. I think you all get the idea. We just want to be sure that everyone is able to record and upload and stuff. No poetry yet (unless it's a Haiku) because big files will probably cause a database error. I've got more work to do on that. I'll let you know when it's ready.

For the record ... I made that little mictest sound file with the free program, Sound Recorder, that comes on every Windows machine. I actually made it on my laptap which is running Windows 95. I had to click on "Start" then "Programs" then "Accessories" then "Multimedia" and there I found the program "Sound Recorder." On Windows 98 I think "Sound Recorder" can be found under "Start" then "Programs." Again, I created it with a program that comes packaged on Windows machines. You can also use "Sound Recorder" to both record and play the files. If you are running a Mac I'm not sure what to tell you. I'll find us some links to help provide more information. The "Sound Recorder" creates .wav files only and at this point that is all the forum will accept (in the way of sound files), so the RealMedia files won't play here and shouldn't be considered at this point. I'm sure some Family Members may be able to add on to this question, making suggestions and stuff.

Oh Boy! Waiting to hear yall!

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i'll test it out fo sho!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Wonderful $$RICH$$ ... When you make your new thread ... at the bottom of that page before the SUBMIT button, you'll see the following:

Attach file:
    Maximum size: 2000000 bytes
    Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg wav

and a button that says BROWSE which will allow you to navigate to where your sound file is on your own hard drive. You'll have to click on BROWSE and find the file (navigate to it), then click on it so that its name (and path) is in that text box area. Once you do that, click on SUBMIT and it should be uploaded with your post.

Remember no large files yet or you're probably going to get a database error.

Destee

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    thankz destee .......

5. alyce

alyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Counselor
    Ratings:
    +85
    Oooh boy, Destee.... I can see some problems developing already... while I'm not the most PC literate person... I'ma have to do some hand-holding, sweet-talking and gentle coaxing with some of our more PC challenged family members...ooooh mannnn

:wink:

a

6. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    Hey I'll be glad to hold some poetess hand:wink:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    hehehe ... look at Bishop ... carrying on up in here!

:D

Alyce, I'm going to write some step by step instructions that should help. If I leave anything off I'm sure the Family will help out.

8. alyce

alyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Counselor
    Ratings:
    +85
    okay, Destee....but I know some folk who won't even read they owner's manuals on stuff....I mean Hard Core...

Bishop know he need to quit...