Black Spirituality Religion : Since Death is Inevitable...

SwagII

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 26, 2019
We all should know that death is an inevitable (unavoidable) occurrence, etc. Other words it's certain to happen. If all of you understand this, "why then do:oops: most human being's actually fear death?" Or for that matter, even fear the dead, etc. :facepalm: Quite a few people I know actually fear death and or the though of dying, etc. Yeah.... I know , who wants to even talk:what: about this subject! But you know based upon the street action :hammer1: within many major cities especially those with high death rates, etc. Who really cares … Is inevitable still at play here?

IMHO ultimately in civilized cultures who are for the most part mentally stable death is the finality of ones existence and as a species that exist to live life to it's fullest death is the great interrupter of our future plans. Personally I don't look forward to my demise but when it comes and it will come hopefully much later then sooner I wish my death to be painless.

I wanted to speak to this subject of death and pain, etc. Many people do associate death with pain, etc. And true, many dying folks do experience much pain while dying, etc.

I like a good death discussion. Thanks for starting it.

I believe there is some scripture, text, etc., that says some will escape death, never experience it. I can't point to where these things are said, but I have read them if no mistake.

Probably more than being afraid of death, is being afraid of the unknown. There are few if any that can share first hand experience regarding death. Some may appear afraid due to the 1 time nature of death, no practice sessions to get comfortable before the big day, and we have little interaction with dead bodies in general. So when these things come up they manifest like the unknowns they are. If a person could die once a week, like riding a bike once a week, return from the event and prepare for the next time ... what looks like fear may no longer exist.

Medicine makes it so the dying do not have to be in pain. Unless one dies in a crash laying hours before being found - in pain, life slipping from their body - or some like experience - most will be given whatever medication is needed so they do not feel any pain. The pain does not have to be a fear.

I am humbled by all of the great ones that have gone before me. I get courage from their brave journey into the unknown. I know if they could do it, so can I. There is a way to live and a way to die, so I've heard.

Great topic, thanks again!

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

I like a good death discussion. Thanks for starting it.

I believe there is some scripture, text, etc., that says some will escape death, never experience it. I can't point to where these things are said, but I have read them if no mistake.

Probably more than being afraid of death, is being afraid of the unknown. There are few if any that can share first hand experience regarding death. Some may appear afraid due to the 1 time nature of death, no practice sessions to get comfortable before the big day, and we have little interaction with dead bodies in general. So when these things come up they manifest like the unknowns they are. If a person could die once a week, like riding a bike once a week, return from the event and prepare for the next time ... what looks like fear may no longer exist.

Medicine makes it so the dying do not have to be in pain. Unless one dies in a crash laying hours before being found - in pain, life slipping from their body - or some like experience - most will be given whatever medication is needed so they do not feel any pain. The pain does not have to be a fear.

I am humbled by all of the great ones that have gone before me. I get courage from their brave journey into the unknown. I know if they could do it, so can I. There is a way to live and a way to die, so I've heard.

Great topic, thanks again!

Loving Us!

Destee
Fear is so associated with death. Yet, if one dispels this fear of death, there is noting else of such an occurrence to fear in this living world, etc. As there are but three things for a living human being to expect from this world, and that's to be born, blossom, and die! We are all transiting the blossoming stage at this time., etc. And many don't wish for it to end anytime soon, etc. Yet, knowing that it will, etc. And you are right, medicine allows for a painless death, etc. But, there are those seniors that have passed quietly in their sleep with no issues, etc. Just old age, etc. Every thing spoken and or told about death involves the unknown, etc. All this talk of spirits, spirits, etc. Allow me to ask, "why do people fear the dead?" Even at a funeral, etc. people often feel this way, etc. It's true about one thing, ain't nobody been back to actually give us a heads up on their death adventure, etc. Bottom line is... Best you be ready when that angel knocks, and says it's time, etc. All really need to ask themselves, "will they be ready?" Whut u think?

Fear is so associated with death. Yet, if one dispels this fear of death, there is noting else of such an occurrence to fear in this living world, etc. As there are but three things for a living human being to expect from this world, and that's to be born, blossom, and die! We are all transiting the blossoming stage at this time., etc. And many don't wish for it to end anytime soon, etc. Yet, knowing that it will, etc. And you are right, medicine allows for a painless death, etc. But, there are those seniors that have passed quietly in their sleep with no issues, etc. Just old age, etc. Every thing spoken and or told about death involves the unknown, etc. All this talk of spirits, spirits, etc. Allow me to ask, "why do people fear the dead?" Even at a funeral, etc. people often feel this way, etc. It's true about one thing, ain't nobody been back to actually give us a heads up on their death adventure, etc. Bottom line is... Best you be ready when that angel knocks, and says it's time, etc. All really need to ask themselves, "will they be ready?" Whut u think?

What people are you referencing, when you ask ... "why do people fear the dead?"

I don't fear the dead. Do you fear the dead? If so, why do you fear the dead?

If you live how you want to die, then you will always be ready for any angels that knock.

For example, I use to work at a place where they did these things called "bucket drops" ... when a fellow employee died, there would be a "bucket drop" for them. Everyone who wanted to, could put money in the bucket on their way entering and leaving work, for the deceased co-worker's family. These bucket drops rubbed me wrong, so much so until I said to self - I do not want a bucket drop from these people. So it made me think, how do I avoid this bucket drop thing. I have no control over when death comes for me, but I can control where I die, where I work when I die. I can insure there is not a bucket drop for me, by making sure I do not die while employed here. Easy peasy.

Another example, in our Mission Statement I talk about this community will be found dying, the same way it lived, respectfully. If you want to die respectfully, live respectfully - every single day live respectfully - and you will die respectfully. However you want to be found dying, live that every day.

In this way, we can control some aspects of our death. Perhaps not the exact moment in time, but we can be as ready for death as we are for any other planned / anticipated journey.

Loving Us!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back