Black People : SILENT THUNDER:BLACKS IN NASCAR RACING..

Remember Bill Cosby tried the CART thing a few years back. He got zero backing and was gone in 2 years. Don't know if he would get back onboard for another effort. I'am sure he lost millions then.

We have Bill Lester #22, who races Nascar trucks, that is doing his best to stay in the top 20. But no one talks about this man in print or picture. Bill is involved with Magic Johnson to better race relations in Nascar and with minority race fans.
Remember all the hype when he was introduced by Nascar to be their represenative last season? Ain't heard squat since. Unfortunatlly Magic is just a figure head. At least he got to wave a green flag once before they sent him back to LA.

As long as we have the "White Southern" mentality running the show, we are never going to be in the winners circle again.

Again??? Just say the name Wendell Scott to the Nascar gang and watch them scatter for the cracks. They never,never want to talk about the only Black to win a major race. (Movie-Richard Pryor-Greased Lightning) This man is my racing hero.
I'll keep watching because I like the sport itself, but I always feel like the fool under the Nascar frying pan...
:skillet:

MY452CID said:
Remember Bill Cosby tried the CART thing a few years back. He got zero backing and was gone in 2 years. Don't know if he would get back onboard for another effort. I'am sure he lost millions then.

We have Bill Lester #22, who races Nascar trucks, that is doing his best to stay in the top 20. But no one talks about this man in print or picture. Bill is involved with Magic Johnson to better race relations in Nascar and with minority race fans.
Remember all the hype when he was introduced by Nascar to be their represenative last season? Ain't heard squat since. Unfortunatlly Magic is just a figure head. At least he got to wave a green flag once before they sent him back to LA.

As long as we have the "White Southern" mentality running the show, we are never going to be in the winners circle again.

Again??? Just say the name Wendell Scott to the Nascar gang and watch them scatter for the cracks. They never,never want to talk about the only Black to win a major race. (Movie-Richard Pryor-Greased Lightning) This man is my racing hero.
I'll keep watching because I like the sport itself, but I always feel like the fool under the Nascar frying pan...
:skillet:

Yea I remember Bill Cosby's involvement in CART, he was sponsoring a driver named Willy T. Ribbs, and you're right, the black community totally left him hanging in terms of support. But we're quick to criticize him for pointing out we need to do more to help our own and be more responsible

I must qualify that I did not mean that the Black community left Bill Cosby adrift, but the racing community in general. Black business was not ready,in my opinion,at the time for such a bold business move. Thanks to people like Tiger Woods we now understand the market better
Willy T. Ribbs (which I have one of his team racing shirts from when I met him.) was a very "hard sell" at the time. Willy was a HELL of a driver in SCCA.
"Mr. Come from Behind" But after his fight with Scott Pruitt and punching Scotts girlfriend after a race made him a business risk. (Notice when Tony Stewart punches someone, they just slap his hand) Willy was gone that next year from SCCA. Mr Cosby gave him another chance, but I believe it was too late then. The racing folks dogged Bill & Willy to distruction.

On the other hand I would love to see Bill C. come back today with a team for I believe he would be backed by black business,black Hollywood and the music industry. Maybe not right away with a black driver,but open the "team owner" door first.
Which racing group? Not too sure where the best place to start. But Nascar won't be it. But as long as the door opens.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back