Black People : SILENT THUNDER:BLACKS IN NASCAR RACING..

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
http://www.racingpress.com/publish/article_269.shtml

Peops, I heard this gentlemen on the Bev Smith radio program, and thought his story to be most interesting... Sorry for posting it in the OPEN forum, but I really didn't know where to post it other than the Sports Forum where it would not likely be read by folks who aren't into sports...

In any event, it is a wonderful story he told in the new book, Silent Thunder, and I wanted to pass the info around to those who are interested...

Peace!
Isaiah

Sekhemu said:
thanks for posting this thread, I've been watching some of the involvements of our people in nascar, but I've also been keeping a close eye on CART and Formula, I wish more brothas were involved in the two latter racing. We have the resources for sponsoring the drivers but not the focus

Brother Sekhemu, I must admit major ignorance regarding this arena, as well as, African people having any involvement in it... I must admit, too, that Mr. Leonard Miller, the brother whom I heard on the radio show, was mad fascinating to listen to... He was saddened by our lack of interest in the Nascar circuit, because there's money to be made in the field just changing tires(smile!) Well, they're gonna build a fabulous nascar arena in New York soon, so perhaps that'll all change...

Peace!
Isaiah

jamesfrmphilly said:
i'm down with formula 1 and champ car (CART).
i like road racing and drag racing, hate ovals.

the best thing a black driver could do at a NASCAR race would be to crash his car into the stands at full tilt with a full load of fuel.
might get a few red necks that way.

Now that's an Idea, big James*LOL!

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back