*sigh* Brother Nelson Ankh

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by cherryblossom, Dec 17, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Brother Nelson Ankh:

You are out-of-line for your post to my poem.

Now, this is getting ridiculous that my poetry is being attacked.

Brother Nelson Ankh, You, too, are using my poem as some petty and childish vindictiveness stemming from my clash with Brother Skuderjaymes in my thread, "The Masculinity Project."

That clash with him concerned homosexuality.

So, YOU entered my poem to imply a connection between my poem and homosexuality.

But, please do read and abide by Sister Destee's posted rules for "POETRY ETIQUETTE."

MODERATING TEAM, in keeping with the rules for "Poetry Etiquette" and because of the OBVIOUS insult to my poem and to me, the poet, I respectfully ask that you REMOVE Brother Nelson Ankh's comment from my poem.

Brother Nelson Ankh has never commented on any of my poetry before; but, SUDDENDLY, today, he decides to read and respond to the very poem which Brother Skuderjaymes "complained" about. :cool:

And I detect nothing but "MALICIOUS" intent in his behavior.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Cherry ... your complaint should be to the Moderating TEAM, and not the Member, exhausting those avenues (talking to him) prior to coming to us.

I have heard / seen the term "boi" referencing male homosexuals, and Brother Nelson Ankh mentioning that, does not in and of itself mean he is attacking you. It is not an unheard of concept, and even with all the other "evidence" i think it's a stretch to call this an attack. Sister Cherry, you're in the middle of all the disruption(s) it seems, and we've talked about this before ... it is not a good look.

Now, you are right, if he or anyone doesn't have something good to say about poetry, they should say nothing at all ... that is true ... and i'll speak to him about that.

Brother Nelson Ankh ... if you are not already aware of the Poetic Etiquette we try to live within, it includes striving to say only good, encouraging, uplifting things to the poetry shared here ... unless it is posted in the Poetry Critique Forum, where poets are requesting that. If you would make yourself aware of this policy and live up to it, i'd greatly appreciate it.

It's a pleasure to have you both with us, and i'm hoping this will end this disruption.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Thank you Sister Destee for your correction to me and to Brother Nelson Ankh.

Yes, the term "Boi" may be used by homosexuals; but I think it is clear from my usage of it in my poem that there is no implied connection to homosexuality.

My poem is all about Black MEN in giving honor and homage to them.

And, yes, yet AGAIN, I am in the middle of some MESS.

But, I also ask you to consider WHY I am presently in THIS mess, the obvious under-currents of this MESS, and the reasons for my reactions to this MESS.

And I agree with you that it is NOT a "good look."

It's not for ME nor for any others whose motives/intent is to overtly or covertly sow DISCORD and discontent here, violating your "Core Foundational Pieces."

And, thank you again, for your attention here.

I am duly corrected and so is Brother Nelson Ankh.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Cherry ... Thank You.

I was reading something you said recently, describing some policy of the community, and i was so impressed! You really do strive to understand how we live here, and work within that, sharing with others and everything. I see it and appreciate it, thank you. Yet at the same time, you're always in the middle of the mess! It is frustrating at best Sister, but because the evidence is there ... that you do strive to work within our peace and purpose ... i must strive with you.

So here i go ... striving with you Sister ... :love:

You ask me to consider why this mess is, the particulars of it, and i need you to understand that none of that makes any real difference ... not when the issue is, the person is always in some mess. It doesn't matter the mess, it only matters that you're in it, yet again. No matter how wonderful a Member may be, if they are always in the mess, their Membership is in jeopardy.

Now, for the sake of striving, understanding, cooperating and stuff ... i take the time and look at the particulars of this mess ... i will find they are no different than particulars presented many times, over and over again, during the past 12 years. Same particulars, just different people. It's like a broken record. It may be new, personal, special for you, but it is so old and boring to me. I yearn for the days when we have collectively evolved beyond this place that keeps us fighting each other. And you know what Sister, the only thing I've seen solve it ... in the best of manners ... is that each person grows individually to a place where they will not subject their own being (and those around them) to negative, unending, unyielding, interaction with another Sister or Brother. One, both, or all choose more adult options, refusing to be combative with their own people ... no matter the particulars.

Sure, i can come in and fuss at each one like they are a child, but the fact that such is needed, called for, means we have lots of growing to do as adults.

So for me, it's rarely about the particulars of a given disagreement, as i am always striving to see the bigger picture.

I Love You Sister Cherry.

Thanks for Everything! :grouphug:

Destee

5. Nelson Ankh

Nelson Ankh Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +108
    My apologies to the site, I was unaware of the Poetic Etiquette till now. Thanks you for providing us a wonderful site

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    And I thank you, Sister Destee for "striving with me" the way you have in all my "MESS." :couple:

I was in some "MESS" when I was called out of my name several times by the same member; and, yes, you did "strive" with me.

I was in some "MESS" when I was told to "eat a dyck;" and, yes, you did "strive" with me.

I was in some "MESS" when I was called "Miss SNAKE IN THE GRASS;" and, yes, yet again, you did "strive" with me.

I was in some "MESS" when I and/or my religious beliefs were attacked; and yes, all the while, you were right there "striving" with me.

And, now, here I am again in some new "MESS."

Now, I'm not trying to be the complete "innocent" here; but there have certainly been times when I was in some "MESS" that I did not initiate.

But, like you, I too am striving to "see the bigger picture."

I, too, am striving to understand why Sister CherryBlossom is so often the "common denominator" in some "MESS."

Well, at any rate, please know that, in spite of my name being in the mix of some "MESS," I am "striving" right along with you! :grouphug:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Nelson Ankh ... no apology is necessary. If you didn't know, you didn't know. It's certainly an easy thing to not notice.

I believe this thread is the first time i've had a chance to speak with you personally. Allow me to welcome you, thank you for joining us, and encourage you to make yourself at home, because you are. Just take your time getting to know us and how we work, and if you have any questions we're right here.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    2 cents...

cb u r the epitome of a drama queen....
    and the sad thing is that u will see my above statement as further "persecution"
    and not actually see the truth in it...

one love
    khasm

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    And Thank You for that constructive criticism.

It's so nice to know that you have my best interest at heart.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Cherry ... i suppose you're highlighting the particulars of the previous messes for the sake of others (since i was there) ... or just more messiness ... ?

As i said, the particulars won't make any difference when it comes to making a decision surrounding your being involved in so many. I already know that there may have been some justification for you to be involved, that isn't the issue ... and again ... we've been through this before, and while i want to always strive with you, i can't promise that ... for the community isn't just about you, but all of us ... and no one person can take so much of the "striving" resources ... when everyone is due a little, and there's only a little to go around.

So I'm glad that you're willing to take a look at why you're always in the mess, as you're the most able to keep you out of the messes ... but of course, i can help if necessary ... but i really don't want it to come to that.

You're a good Sister ... i'm not sure why you're always fighting with everyone ... but i know that it doesn't have to be.

Not only are you good, but you're smart too ... making me confident you'll figure it all out!

Love You Sister! :grouphug:

Destee