Black People : Shzt Direction Do We Want to Take

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Jul 22, 2009.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey family.

There are energies at destee.com that would like to move us away from attacking each other with ridicule. This energy sees the beauty and worth of all our members and upholds the possibility that we can learn to discuss things and disagree on some things without resorting to attacking one another's person or ideas. Of course each individual one of us has a right to choose whether we want to be a part of that energy by communicating our ideas clearly and effectively or dig in our heels against it and insist on our right to castigate each other with our words.

We attract a lot of negative energy and waste a lot of precious time when we sit at our computers fuming about somebody dictating our words when all the person is trying to do is bring out the good and discourage the negative experiences of the folks who come here. That's time that could be spent finding sources to back up our ideas and choosing words that will more effectively express wheat we are trying to say. That is personal growth. When we defend negative behavior there is no growth, no knowledge of self because we are defending the lower nature against the Self. We are African people and the Self of any African always wants to do what is right.It is the lower nature, the part of us that has been programmed by European culture that insists on its right to be like the ones that programmed it.

I'm not trying to act like I am way up here. I am saying family that we can be what we claim to be: a one of a kind place on the web where Black folks can come and feel they are among loved ones. Am I right?

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Yes Maam!:love::SuN030:

:heart:

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    you are right sister....
    but imma say this cause i might be too old to change at this point....
    i've always been the type that if u smacked me i smacked u back...
    i really don't see that changing anytime soon....fyi

one love
    khasm

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    100% agree and behind you sis!

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Brotha Khasm you've been a peace maker around here. I've seen it when it looked like I was in a discussion that was going nowhere you stepped in and reminded us of what is really important.