destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
THE UNITED INDEPENDENT COMPENSATORY CODE/SYSTEM/CONCEPTS

On page 44, Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. lists Four Basic “Show-Offisms” By/Among the Victims of Racism being:

1. “Showing-Off” (to each other) the things that ‘white’ people have allowed them to obtain.
2. “Showing-Off” (to each other) the information that ‘white’ people have allowed them to obtain.
3. “Showing-Off” (to each other) their ability to belittle (each other).
4. “Showing-Off” (to each other) their ability to make sexual impressions on each other.

His explanation is that many non-white people spend much time/energy/money “Showing-Off” (to each other).

Peace and Blessings Family,

If you have any thoughts on the above, please share.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
THE UNITED INDEPENDENT COMPENSATORY CODE/SYSTEM/CONCEPTS

On page 44, Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. lists Four Basic “Show-Offisms” By/Among the Victims of Racism being:

1. “Showing-Off” (to each other) the things that ‘white’ people have allowed them to obtain.
2. “Showing-Off” (to each other) the information that ‘white’ people have allowed them to obtain.
3. “Showing-Off” (to each other) their ability to belittle (each other).
4. “Showing-Off” (to each other) their ability to make sexual impressions on each other.

His explanation is that many non-white people spend much time/energy/money “Showing-Off” (to each other).

Peace and Blessings Family,

If you have any thoughts on the above, please share.

:heart:

Destee

Thanks for bringing this to the Forum's attention. I have one question that maybe you can elaborate on since you have the book. The last Show-offism you mentioned, that is "'Showing-Off' (to each other) their ability to make sexual impressions on each other", I don't quite understand what is being said here. How do victims of racism make sexual impressions of each other?

YEA

i've never had this problem because i'm more spiritual than material

but yes i come across this

and it's sad

most people don't know what defines them

like for example

some guy shows off his Lexus

but what happens when that Lexus is gone

who is he then?

perfect nobody sees this

and it starts from childhood

show offisms...

yes we show off,not all of us individually but as a group we do it,go into the hood[ghetto]and you'll see the biggest newest fastest cars around sitting in front of the dirtiest ragged poorest places in the city,but heck we got a fine hog[car]so what if the place in which we and quite probobly several of our relative live is rat infested and falling down,this stems from slavery when we were denied anything of our own so comes the phychological tendency to show off or brag when finally[151 yrs later]we are able to obtain things of our own[it's a mindset that imbedded in us as a people and i don't know if we'll ever be free of it totally]there are those who would argue with this theory,but consider this fact,well off whites not only carry no cash some of them carry very little money and dress modestly because when you have real wealth you don't have to show it off,but when you've been denied these thing then the natural tendency is to say[hey look what i've got]as soon as you get something,and we've been doing for so long that it's ingrained in us,one of the many phychological effects of slavery.

Da Street So'ja said:
most people don't know what defines them

like for example

some guy shows off his Lexus
Funny you should mention the Lexus. Prof Crawford (Baruti) used to always say the same thing in class about how "you can't eat a Lexus."
I agree, though. Most don't know what defines us because we are looking for a definition that does not exist. So in its stead, we use material items, because those are what we experience with our most base senses-all five of which are but different manifestations of the sense of touch.
So when we begin to create definitions based on touch, nothing ever extends beyond people, places, and things.

I recall reading one of my favorite books of all time "A Wrinkle in Time," where in there was a Being who had no eyes. And when the characters asked the Being how she knew what was before and around her, the Being had a hard time understanding why one would need eyes (whatever they are) in order to realize...reality. Like hardware or software, eyes are used more to process an illusion-otherwise unrecognizable-via the sense of touch.

Just to show how odd the sense of touch is and how important it is to our physical motor functions (sound touches the ear drum, light...the retina, objects...the nerves, food...the taste buds, odor particles...the olfactory bulb) check out this guy after getting kicked in the ear/head:

http://embed.break.com/index/soccer_player_freaks_out_during_game.html

It's like he just entered a completely different "reality" and everyone else probably was moving backwards to him.

I sense that our physical bodies are space suits. Only, they are more advanced and allow us to interact with our environment as opposed to the far more restrictive suits of NASA.

I tried thinking yesterday without "speaking words" (things) in my head. Just noticing trees and such in my environment and their characteristics by just allowing them to be as they are esoterically. Thinking outside of people, places, and things takes some getting used to. I just don't think we are close to being on the right track. We are going deeper and deeper to defining reality and our personal lives by the things we "have" (not even those we own), the people with whom we speak (not even those we really know), and the places we visit.

We'll get there, though. "Forever is a mighty long time...But there's somethin' else." ;)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back