Black Poetry : SHOUT OUT TO THE SOCIAL WORKERS!(repost)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by msluciousb, Feb 23, 2003.

1. msluciousb

msluciousb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed, Business Consultant
    Ratings:
    +6
    These are someones baby's.
    Not just a number on a page.
    These are someones children filled
    with anger , neglect and rage.
    Yes, these are someone's baby's
    no matter what their age.
    I see the lonely and wishful stares.
    Wondering if someone really cares.
    Acting tough or being rude and showing
    so much attitude.
    But these are someone's baby's, "Gifts
    from God".
    Words of praise were seldom spoken.
    Dangerous roads they have aleady trod.
    Take time to recognize that their fate is
    in your hand.
    And though your pay is not so great.
    There is a greater Master plan.
    It's not just a job you see, but lil folks
    like we used to be.
    Take them to your bosom and safely in
    your heart. For these are someones baby's
    and don't you think it's time we start...
    To act like they matter, Mothers, children
    and even "dead beat dads", before the
    system got them that was all they had.
    Not saying that all of you are lazy or that
    All of you are bad...
    But we are losing children...and that is more
    than just sad!
    Cause these are someone's baby's and you
    are the last hope they had.
    Missing for months and no one seemed to care.
    They were entrusted to you.
    But you said your case load was to large.
    These are someone's baby's and their lives are
    in your charge.
    SHOUT OUT TO THE SOCIAL WORKER'S...
    Do your job like it should be done.
    If each one would reach one, the job will
    be well done!
    If you don't feel this job is important , it may
    not be for you...
    Cause these are someone's baby's and it
    could have been happening to you.
    Unfed, unclothed, unloved , and abandoned
    this sort of things a generation before
    could never even fathom.
    Cause these are someone's baby's and you
    are
    their
    last
    line
    of defense...
    All of your excuses...
    To me and many others
    just doesn't make any
    sense!
    BJS(C)2003:confused:

2. msluciousb

Ratings:
    +6
    I scribe what I know about in my community!

I seldom if ever respond to you and you know why! As for attack, I feel that this is my right to freely express what ever and however I choose...You don't understand my thoughts and my style and don't pretend that you came here to be positive and give support...you came prepared to criticize...but you see through blue/dimmed colored eyes. I have been in the trenches on both sides of the fence and if you take such offense to my words..."What have you done lately?" I don't get a fat income tax check, no tax credits and no small ones or man supporting me! I pay out the wahzoo and then give another 50% in volunteer time doing Court appointed Special Advocate work..."It takes a whole village to raise a child " is the correct phrase and it means, UNITY! Not division and derision. As Destee stated if you can't say something good , don't say anything...YOU HAVEN'T BEFORE, WHY START NOW! I have raised four children from the system none of them mine. I asked for nothing from the State...I did it on my own. I sponsor A Girls In Action Group with my own money also and I put my money and time where my mouth is...So when I scribe about something "you should read for the value of the content" not because you are "malcontent"...Thank God! You are not the judge I have to stand before in the final Day! You should have learned something from the Piece/peace instead of seeing something that was not there... I stated , that "This doesn't mean that all of them are bad!" But, then again...what would you know, you still wearing a "Fairy Princess dress" living in a "Fairy tale world"...
    But
    Blessings On Ya House ...
    :book: Read one !

3. skrybe7

skrybe7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I feel this! Unity should begin in the family.
    Thank God there are people who do above
    and beyond the call to compensate for
    the lack of love and unity!
    God bless you!

4. msluciousb

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Skrybe7!

I eliminated the previous post from another scribe because it was a personal attack, feel free to read "Both" sides of the story! I try and walk the walk and talk the talk...at a great price many times. I spend my thoughts, time and efforts trying to contribute to society at large in a positive way and anyone who reads my scribes knows that...But, for all the lil black babies that go unamed and unclaimed..."Precious Baby Doe", the three lil brothers in Jersey...The lil Black girl in Florida...I boil...I sit in conferences with Social Workers who come out of school with these idealisitic goals who quickly burn out because they cannot hack it...If they need to have an attitude adjustment when they go to a Seminar with me...they get one and I send a letter or whatever to the appropriate person...In the "vernacular" Shout out means to get ones attention! It is not an attack...Go the extra mile...and if yo take home pay is not enough to take you home then get another job or even a second one...I did, my Mother did and several of my peers have and still do work full time jobs in the system, and work in Group homes evenings and weekends...To CINDY! I stand firm on what I said and I am strong enough to say what I mean and mean what I say...I will never come under disguise...If I don't like what you say I usually ignore it. If it is poorly written and we are close like that I will PM you ...but I don't think it is a Put down to express Moral outrage about an industry that is failing us miserably! There are far more black babies young and old still in the system...and my Foster sons were not babies when I got them! Sorry, I just needed to clarify for those who "see through the glass dimly"!

Blessings On Ya House!
    Thanks for those who read and understand! Let us not be only hearers of the words but doers also!:cool:

5. Kitana

Kitana Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    although I don't live in america...I think social welfare is similar all over the place..and I think that like everything there are two sides to the story...there are way too many babies of every colour left unwanted, unloved and lost in the system, and there are way too many who try to help but have their hands tied by the powers that be..we can love all we want, but the reality is if we don't have access to funds, we can't make as big a difference as we'd like...it would be wonderful if every mother could take an extra unwanted baby and give it a home, but the reality is, there are too many babies and not enough mothers(families) who can afford to keep them...more than the social workers, I think our governments and the women who give birth to these precious liitle ones without a thought for their future, are to be blamed....

K