Black Spirituality Religion : Should we respect KKK members?

I hear where you're coming from, A007 - but no. I think the word "respect" is pushing it.

How can you 'respect' an idea/belief that you feel is totally ridiculous? Whether that be the KKK or ppl worshiping slugs.. Everyone who feels their beliefs should be respected, no matter what, are actually demanding minimal criticism.. social conditioning makes us believe that just questioning a belief is a form of disrespect.. which is the downfall of the human race ;)

So again, no respect for the KKK or any such organization that defies logic & rationality.. tolerance is about as far as it goes... and even then, I do not believe we should be tolerant of any belief that promotes hate against another.

my $0.02
:)

Zullie, great answer. So we should not respect Christianity just tolerate it because it defies logic and rationality?

Zullie, great answer. So we should not respect Christianity just tolerate it because it defies logic and rationality?

Yes ;)

besides - can one even respect/tolerate a belief system? surely it is the actions of the followers that determine our levels of respect/tolerance..

e.g. I can tolerate fairy tales, but if it became required for Mary to have a little lamb follow her everywhere she goes.. I'd rethink :lol:

Zulile

The problem with just RESPECTING someone's choice is that number 1) By our silence we concede that there are no INCORRECT choices. number 2) That if it is an incorrect choice that we should say or do nothing about it. 3) We only care about OURSELVES and our own beliefs rather than what is BEST FOR ALL CONCERNED.

If we are to respect each other's beliefs even when they fly in directly into the face of Logic, reason, and/or facts then that requires that we also respect the beliefs of people in such groups as the KKK right?

I can respect the KKK. #1. They operated out of fear of their own white survival which caused their aggressions towards African peoples. They are separatist and understand that the "only way white people can survive, which they have a right to do, is to stay away from black people". They financed the Nation of Islam back in the day because they felt the same way that I feel right now. They felt that we should live amongst ourselves. They felt that we should have our own businesses and be able to sustain and feed, educate, employ and clothe ourselves. Strange that we don't do any of the things that they wanted us to do. What about that is there not to respect? They furthermore ain't afraid to call the whiteman out who is perpetrating as a Jew as the cause of a lot of things....Yeah, I can respect that too!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back