Black Spirituality Religion : Should we respect KKK members?

A007

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 16, 2001
memphis, Tn
The problem with just RESPECTING someone's choice is that number 1) By our silence we concede that there are no INCORRECT choices. number 2) That if it is an incorrect choice that we should say or do nothing about it. 3) We only care about OURSELVES and our own beliefs rather than what is BEST FOR ALL CONCERNED.

If we are to respect each other's beliefs even when they fly in directly into the face of Logic, reason, and/or facts then that requires that we also respect the beliefs of people in such groups as the KKK right?

The problem with just RESPECTING someone's choice is that number 1) By our silence we concede that there are no INCORRECT choices. number 2) That if it is an incorrect choice that we should say or do nothing about it. 3) We only care about OURSELVES and our own beliefs rather than what is BEST FOR ALL CONCERNED.

If we are to respect each other's beliefs even when they fly in directly into the face of Logic, reason, and/or facts then that requires that we also respect the beliefs of people in such groups as the KKK right?
let me see if i read this correctly?well not if you're referring to the knights of the klu klux klan that was formed just after the civil war to terrorize newly freed blacks back to the plantation,to intimidate us from casting a vote or seeking office,who was responsible for thousands of lynchings from the-1860's-1930's and more than likely beyond that and you ask if we as black folks should respect thier beliefs,well let's see now as far as i know and of course i'm no expert but don't the kkk believe that-THE ONLY GOOD N..... IS A DEAD N.....now of course they would be just tickled pink if we all just up and oh let's say...WENT BACK TO AFRICA...WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POSE SUCH A QUESTION?????

You're kidding right?

I hear where you're coming from, A007 - but no. I think the word "respect" is pushing it.

How can you 'respect' an idea/belief that you feel is totally ridiculous? Whether that be the KKK or ppl worshiping slugs.. Everyone who feels their beliefs should be respected, no matter what, are actually demanding minimal criticism.. social conditioning makes us believe that just questioning a belief is a form of disrespect.. which is the downfall of the human race ;)

So again, no respect for the KKK or any such organization that defies logic & rationality.. tolerance is about as far as it goes... and even then, I do not believe we should be tolerant of any belief that promotes hate against another.

my $0.02
:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back