Black Spirituality Religion : Should We Love Our Enemy?

Anita J

i see yo point and agree coz fire @ fire is a hot tourch
yet one whom been hurt in such act only act out self
pain at another person as Kem made a point.............
ya right sis...... i feel the one so act as evil as an enemy
towards me is only a mislead or misguided notion that
allows one to speaketh or lash out...forth i forgive wit
smiles and love not war nor a fight .....ya point made sis.:cool:

that reminds me...

it's like when i used to go to church, the pastor at the pentecostal church i was attending said, to the effect of which I translated into, "You can't have fire in your chest and not expect to get burned". Those right there are some poignant words. i actually used that in a poem that the pastor had inspired. but anyhow, yeah, when you feel hatred in your heart it only holds you down and you might not even realize it, but it does. stay peace and balanced.

Definitely should we love our enemies! The Holy Son commanded it so! :) For our salvation, we should do as He did, for haven't even the faithful, at a point in their lives before their faith or before understanding, played the enemy to the Father and His Way, yet we have been loved by the Father and the Son to be brought to salvation?

So we should not deny our love to others, enemy or friend; it also shows to their fault to continue hating you when you show nothing but love, and it shows the grace of the King being manifested in you. There is no losing when you love your enemy, nothing at all is lost, but much is gained. For belief in the Son, the Holy Lamb sacrificed and resurrected from the dead, only leads to happiness and truth, for He is light to our eyes, and a Shepard on the Way.

I don't have 'enemies'. I don't have people that I 'hate'.

I have a person or two in my life that I 'don't much care for'...for one reason or another.

Do I love them? Well, yeah. I guess. I love them as human beings in that 'we are the world' general sense.

I wish them well. I don't delight in the downfall of others...no matter how much I can't stand them.
And...no matter how much I can't stand someone? I can always locate their redeeming qualities.

I can't stand a friend's 'friend'...but if I came upon her walking from a car that ran outta gas? I'd stop and give her a twenty.
*shrug*

However, I do treat others as they treat me. It takes ugly and underhanded behavior to pull 'hate' feelings out of me.
I think...if I actually had someone worth calling an 'enemy'?
Pretty sure that individual went 'above and beyond' to earn the title.
*laugh*

Love...? Unless you're doing it for your health, I don't see the point.
There are people on the planet who know right from wrong and commit wrong anyway because they simply don't care. Your leaky 'bleeding heart' won't change this.
*shrug*

Indifference is preferable.
Give 'love' to more deserving company.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back