Black Spirituality Religion : Should we DIVIDE the Spirituality / Religion Forums?

Should we DIVIDE the Spirituality / Religion Forums?

• Yes

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
karmashines said:
I respect your position, but some interpretations of certain faiths cannot allow for what you are suggesting in this post. You cannot accept another religion as being just another path to spirituality if you truly believe in your heart that your belief system is God's truth etched in stone. This is why I think it is best to have the division. Those who are spiritualists or are looking to learn about this belief system can be free to do so without judgment or ridicule in their separate forum while those that are more orthodox can express their beliefs in their own forum. Doing such, in my opinion, would make things so much more peaceful.

I hear you sister and you are right to an extent. In the same token we should not start other forums so that we may freely bash other peoples faiths without interruption. Bashing someones faith breeds hostility also with division. We must agree that we did not start where we are from birth. We had to be taught religion and then we had to buy into the doctrine of that faith. I feel if we are responsible enough as individuals to not involve ourselves in matters that don't concern us than there shouldn't be a problem. Even with separate forums what will stop someone from going a specific forum to start a fight for they our amusement. We have not solved the problem. Sister I know you and many others are afraid to share for fear of scutiny, mockery and ridicule. Like I say maybe we can formulate another solution that doesn't divide us yet allows us to feel free the express our faith and personal worship.....

Peace.......

[Dear Destee and All Concerned:

The issue of if the forum should be divided actually should have never come up, in my opinion. First of all, knowledge and information, like growth, is painful. We may always encounter information and insights that go against the grain of what many of us have been indoctrinated to believe and take as being true. This does not only apply to religion and spirituality but to every facet of life.

When this happens, those of our people who are not as open minded or receptive to new information may tend to feel uncomfortable, defensive, insulted, attacked, threatened, insecure, and even lost. This is the result of our being conditioned for so many many years. This applies to all of us, not some of us.

This takes me back to our degrees of consciousness and our ability to grow. The true measure of how well our enemy, both external and internal has done its job is when we are so concrete in our minds that "growth for us is an impossibility". Unfortunately and sadly there are many of us on that level also.

Therefore this has nothing to do with the forum itself but the people and the "human issues within themselves that will not allow them to be receptive or to grow due to their conditioning"...and in many cases a conditioning that even they can not see themselves.

Since there are 72 sects of Christianity and 73 sects of Islam not counting all the traditional African Religions and other various sects of Spirituality, I can not conceive of you attempting to divide anything. The idea of there being so many sects of even what we call the major religions means that even they have no harmony between themselves...if so, there wouldn't be all those divisions.

The debate and emotional burst exhibited on the Religion/Spirituality forum is a testament of "how well our enemy has done their job"...and at the same time it is a testament of those on that forum "believing and wanting to be right in what they follow and believe as being true".

I have no problem with anyone wanting to be right or believing that what they follow is the right thing. The problem only actually arises when those persons are found to be "CONCRETE IN THEIR THOUGHT PROCESS"....which means that no further elevation or growth for them is possible. As I say and as Amuwali (Malcolm X) said: "HISTORY IS BEST QUALIFIED TO REWARD ALL RESEARCH".

This lack of historical research and study on our part becomes the actual reason for all the debate and uprising that the forum displays, as well as those who are concrete in their thought process.

In the history of Christianity, after the African schools of spirituality were destroyed and there was no one else to attack, they began attacking each other over doctrine of belief. I'm mentioning this to illustrate the nature of people who have not been spiritually developed.

If our goal is to RECLAIM, RESTORE, RE-EXAMINE AND RE-INSTITUTIONALIZE the best of who we are, what we did and where we are going as a people and as individuals, then the forum must remain as it is minus the personal attacks. Outside of the personal attacks, everything up there is open to attack and scrutiny in terms of if it is true or not true. Cream always rises to the top !!

Interesting. So far it's 50/50.

I understand people's concerns about not creating a divide, but it seems like there already is one. How many of the threads in here end up being an argument over which faith is right and which one isn't? How many of them becomes ceasepools of Christian or Muslim proselytizing?

And while some would say, well, just ignore people that do that it's easier said than done. When I see someone putting their beliefs over others, it gets on my nerves and it's hard for me not to respond. This has been the case with others, even some Christians. Nonetheless, this type of bickering is useless and isn't encouraging spiritual growth on either side. Those who truly want to learn about another religion will do so with an open heart and mind... you don't have to keep arguing with them about how you feel your spiritual path is just as worthy as others.

And yes, I agree with Radical's point that separate forums should not encourage faith-bashing, but again I ask what is happening right now? And would there really be a reason for faith-bashing if the rules specify that that won't be allowed?

Also, what about my idea of having a special forum dedicated to those who want to find common ground in all faiths... those who believe that religion is just a different path to God? These are the type of people that you want to express yourself with... not those who believe that their religion is the only one to lead to spiritual peace.

There is a common ground in all faiths...but sadly it is one that will only come about with the study of history. Religion and faith is like a limb on a tree....a tree of many branches. The tree branches are connected to the tree trunk and the tree trunk is connected to the strong and firmly dug in roots that make the tree and its branches possible.

As long as we are content with the branches and the tree trunk, everything is okay. But when we start to look at and examine the roots that made the tree possible to begin with, then and only then will we have serious issues with each other. For it is then that we will discover that the tree and its branches are a complete perversion, distortion and purposeful alteration of the roots that support it.

Just like the surfer that rides the waves and wants to be good at what they do, if he /she does not study the under currents and cross currents, they will never master or be good at surfing. Likewise, we who are religious or spiritual must know the branch, the tree and what supports it as being true.

I therefore ask: ARE WE ACTUALLY SEARCHING FOR TRUTH...OR SIMPLY SEARCHING FOR CONFIRMATION OF WHAT WE ALREADY BELIEVE TO BE TRUE?

Just Food For Thought.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back