Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
We have to find a way to release all of this pent up anxiety and emotions in us.
the best way to release pent up anxiety and emotions is to not have them.

the best way to not have them is to change the way we look at things.

when u know better, you do better.

Another point...

I believe that embracing or trying to ignore a word that we know is used in hateful diatribes against us is a sign of a weakening of our mental and emotional well-being. Words have power in our conscious as well as unconscious minds. There are obvious and subliminal messages that empower words and we all know this. Ask any professional advertiser. Just how do you start using a hateful word in a loving way? How is that possible? For example, to start saying to people that you "hate" them instead of "love" them because that word may be trending, may seem to lose its original meaning, but subliminally, it is forever locked in our brains and does impact us. Why is our physical reaction to the "N" word always to recoil? Exactly. I don't believe that we ever really forget anything that we've learned. How do you scrub your brain? That's a thought...due to us constantly being plugged into technology in so many ways these days, we are being controlled and rewired to think a certain way and the evidence of that is the fact that we are having this conversation about the pros and cons of the "N" word. :confused:
there was a time when 'black' was used as a pejorative.

in my youth we were all negroes and to call somebody black was an insult.

now we are proud to be black and negro is an insult.

:10500:

Words are interesting. To say the least.

I agree with you, Elder. We can't let others dictate our feelings towards words we, too, have power over. We determine what's offensive to us and why, not them.

You make way too much sense for me to debate...lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back