Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Bro. James, you are so wise and can teach me so much. What you express about self-control is so true and I know within my soul that it is possible to achieve but it leaves me wondering why is it easy for some (minority) and not others (majority)?

A lot of Black people are suffering from traumatic stress due to racism. We hold a lot of pent up anger and frustration that never seems to abate or lessen. Oftentimes it erupts in unhealthy ways--either by harming others or even ourselves. This roller coaster experience in life where we never or seldom seem to live like we believe we deserve--naturally is mentally and emotionally exhausting. We always seem to have to compromise on some part of us just to survive. Should I tell master that slaves are plotting against him or should I keep quiet and be a good house "N"?

We went through a period where "political correctness" seemed to hold the racist beasts at bay, we calmed down some. But now, in the Trump era, to be confronted outwardly by it's hate and constant threat again, to be reminded of the evil that men do, is taking its toll on many of us. Our minds have been whipped around so much and for so long--we have witnessed the worst of this human existence. So I welcome the calm.

Questions: Did you always think like you do now? Is it just your personality or did you have to undergo some type of transformation to think like you do?

I welcome your response and appreciate you being a part of this community.

Queenie :heart:

Another point...

I believe that embracing or trying to ignore a word that we know is used in hateful diatribes against us is a sign of a weakening of our mental and emotional well-being. Words have power in our conscious as well as unconscious minds. There are obvious and subliminal messages that empower words and we all know this. Ask any professional advertiser. Just how do you start using a hateful word in a loving way? How is that possible? For example, to start saying to people that you "hate" them instead of "love" them because that word may be trending, may seem to lose its original meaning, but subliminally, it is forever locked in our brains and does impact us. Why is our physical reaction to the "N" word always to recoil? Exactly. I don't believe that we ever really forget anything that we've learned. How do you scrub your brain? That's a thought...due to us constantly being plugged into technology in so many ways these days, we are being controlled and rewired to think a certain way and the evidence of that is the fact that we are having this conversation about the pros and cons of the "N" word. :confused:

Very Good! But we are human. And sometimes we can't always be that way. We have to find a way to release all of this pent up anxiety and emotions in us. Exercise is good and eating properly is good. And sometime you even have to let others know in an affirmative way how you feel, regardless of the consequences. Most of the time they will have more respect for you. And it they don't, then too bad for them.

Bro. James, you are so wise and can teach me so much. What you express about self-control is so true and I know within my soul that it is possible to achieve but it leaves me wondering why is it easy for some (minority) and not others (majority)?

A lot of Black people are suffering from traumatic stress due to racism. We hold a lot of pent up anger and frustration that never seems to abate or lessen. Oftentimes it erupts in unhealthy ways--either by harming others or even ourselves. This roller coaster experience in life where we never or seldom seem to live like we believe we deserve--naturally is mentally and emotionally exhausting. We always seem to have to compromise on some part of us just to survive. Should I tell master that slaves are plotting against him or should I keep quiet and be a good house "N"?

We went through a period where "political correctness" seemed to hold the racist beasts at bay, we calmed down some. But now, in the Trump era, to be confronted outwardly by it's hate and constant threat again, to be reminded of the evil that men do, is taking its toll on many of us. Our minds have been whipped around so much and for so long--we have witnessed the worst of this human existence. So I welcome the calm.

Questions: Did you always think like you do now? Is it just your personality or did you have to undergo some type of transformation to think like you do?

I welcome your response and appreciate you being a part of this community.

Queenie :heart:
metu neter v 7.png

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back