Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
the white man is skilled at triggering us with the use of words and attitudes and such.

when we can see that for what it is, just the devil trying to control us, we can ignore it.

recognize the game and do not play it. we have choice in the matter.

Right-thought-is-mastery.png

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Ain't gonna apologize or rethink it Brother.
Not only is it an affront to me or mine own extended Brothers and Sisters family but for some smiling pink faced piece of garbage to be even thinking it is at minimally a tacit if not a direct threat.
As I said for me the lines are clearly drawn.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Okay, this is where we must respect our differences. @jamesfrmphilly I hear you but I'm just not there with you on this.

This reminds me of when I was a young teen, growing up watching student protests during the height of the Civil Rights Movement down south. I watched Black people not much older than me, attacked and bitten by dogs, beaten with billy clubs, hosed down to the ground by fire hoses, spat on, cursed at, hated and threatened to be killed. That made an unforgettable impression upon my young mind and budding emotions; I felt wounded; it made me sad and angry.

I would listen to Dr. King as he was interviewed, talk about and advocate for nonviolent protesting and I saw what that meant for Black people--unimaginable violence and hate toward them. I did not ask the question, "What would Jesus Do?" in those moments. And here, I'm going to show how really human I am, I don't aspire to that level of consciousness because as I look at it, either way, in the end, if someone wants you dead, no matter if you're highly elevated or have your feet planted firmly on the ground, they will find a way.

Nonviolent protesting might have worked differently for Ghandi, but honestly, I knew, without question, as a Black young woman, my sensibilities didn't rise to whatever level it took to allow me to be beaten, abused, spit on, bitten and kicked by anyone, particularly white people, and do it willingly. That's not my make up. I'm not a rag doll and won't allow myself to be treated as one.

Do I have lower vibrations? If you want to interpret it as such. I knew as I watched my people being treated that way that the messages I also heard of Malcolm and the BPP at that very same time were more in tune to my understanding and personality.

Don't give up on me though because, who knows, there might be such things as miracles.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Okay, this is where we must respect our differences. @jamesfrmphilly I hear you but I'm just not there with you on this.

This reminds me of when I was a young teen, growing up watching student protests during the height of the Civil Rights Movement down south. I watched Black people not much older than me, attacked and bitten by dogs, beaten with billy clubs, hosed down to the ground by fire hoses, spat on, cursed at, hated and threatened to be killed. That made an unforgettable impression upon my young mind and budding emotions; I felt wounded; it made me sad and angry.

I would listen to Dr. King as he was interviewed, talk about and advocate for nonviolent protesting and I saw what that meant for Black people--unimaginable violence and hate toward them. I did not ask the question, "What would Jesus Do?" in those moments. And here, I'm going to show how really human I am, I don't aspire to that level of consciousness because as I look at it, either way, in the end, if someone wants you dead, no matter if you're highly elevated or have your feet planted firmly on the ground, they will find a way.

Nonviolent protesting might have worked differently for Ghandi, but honestly, I knew, without question, as a Black young woman, my sensibilities didn't rise to whatever level it took to allow me to be beaten, abused, spit on, bitten and kicked by anyone, particularly white people, and do it willingly. That's not my make up. I'm not a rag doll and won't allow myself to be treated as one.

Do I have lower vibrations? If you want to interpret it as such. I knew as I watched my people being treated that way that the messages I also heard of Malcolm and the BPP at that very same time were more in tune to my understanding and personality.

Don't give up on me though because, who knows, there might be such things as miracles.
i am NOT an advocate for non violence. somebody put hands on u kill them if u can.

i am saying that WE determine our own reaction. when, where and how much.

don't let crazy people trigger you with a word and have you under their control.

they will give you the word and if you lay hands on them they will scream self defense.

when a white women called me an uppity n***** i smiled at her and said 'u know that's absolutely right', 'now u have a nice day'. she had no more to say.

i am not going to let an African honorific insult me.

EverForward

Aug 23, 2019
@EverForward...thank you for providing your opinion about my earlier statement. Believe it or not, I clearly know and understand what you wrote already. I might sound like it from time to time, but I'm not some raging lunatic who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. And, every reaction doesn't always have to be a violent one and still not be passive. The tongue is a mighty weapon, is it not?

I've lived long enough to know that everyone has a multitude of options at their disposal and they are free to choose whichever one works for them in every situation they encounter. The reason you haven't read about me in the news or seen a story with a horrible end to it scrolling across your tv screen or in your news feed is because I understand these things.

However, having said all of that, let's not be naive and give credit where it isn't due to ignorance when it's on display by others. It's not always intended to provoke one's reaction, some people are just plain stupid and sometimes they feel they have the right to say and do humiliating things to Black people simply because they think it's their privilege and their hatred for us runs that deep. In war, when an enemy shoots at you, is your only option to run away and hide? Situations must be weighed and, hopefully, a person who is victimized is equipped to respond appropriately.

Just my humble opinion...
I guess I really asked for that. If I knew you personally I would say you took my general statement as an insult but the damage was obviously already done so I'll just say it to myself that since I don't know her my comment was a general statement and not in a possible way directed at her as a personal insult, slight, attack or whatever or however she chose to take it.

EverForward

Aug 23, 2019
all i did was ask for clarification.....
I completely understand Mr. James, no harm done and I would say it's safe to say threads and comments posted therein can be emotional even with the best intent. In the best of times being human we can feel the most innocuous query can be mistakenly misconstrued as a personal attack. Again, no harm done.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I guess I really asked for that. If I knew you personally I would say you took my general statement as an insult but the damage was obviously already done so I'll just say it to myself that since I don't know her my comment was a general statement and not in a possible way directed at her as a personal insult, slight, attack or whatever or however she chose to take it.
It's all good. What you said didn't offend me. I just felt the need to describe myself to you better so you would know I wasn't born last night and in the dark. But, I put myself through constant self-therapy every day. I know I still have a lot to learn and there are things about me that I do want to change, with the goal of becoming a better person. It takes a lot of work though, and I admit there are certain triggers that set me off but thankfully, not too often. I just believe, there are times when things happen, that a person like me, with my imperfections, can do some good, just as I am.

:heart:

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
It's all good. What you said didn't offend me. I just felt the need to describe myself to you better so you would know I wasn't born last night and in the dark. But, I put myself through constant self-therapy every day. I know I still have a lot to learn and there are things about me that I do want to change, with the goal of becoming a better person. It takes a lot of work though, and I admit there are certain triggers that set me off but thankfully, not too often. I just believe, there are times when things happen, that a person like me, with my imperfections, can do some good, just as I am.

:heart:
NNQueen you're entitled to your feelings and more so you're doing just fine. We humans are humans not robots. For anyone to speak or even think otherwise is not being entirely forthright.

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!