Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

EverForward

Aug 23, 2019
If this is an issue of free speech and us taking a look in the 21st century at the possibility of loosening the bonds on the use of certain words here like "ni**er", if you can argue in favor of unchaining one word that is still considered "hateful" by some, what principle do we stand on for not applying the same rule to all the other words that we ban from being used here? Words that fall under the category of "hate speech" was the reason behind the banned list. It was this way of thinking that elevated this website from all the other similar websites. Hate has not gone away and as much as I'd like to believe that many of us have risen higher in our thinking and emotional state when it comes to hearing or seeing the words today, how true is that? For me, it's a moment by moment experience. If a family member or close friend called me the N word, I might react differently than if a cop or judge called me that. That word means different things when spoken by different people. If a police officer or a racist heffa in Walmart called me that, I already know we about to have a problem. Just say'n...
Miss NNQueen you need to know this.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs_by_ethnicity

2. Never ever react to an antagonist using foul language or ethnic slurs to goad you into committing an act of criminal violence. Such reactions may have a social defense in the street and/or in the media however such actions have no legal defense in a court of law if one lives to having been arrested and not shot dead like Trayvon Martin reacting to George Zimmerman's racial profiling antics and goading him into a reaction.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek

2. Never ever react to an antagonist using foul language or ethnic slurs to goad you into committing an act of criminal violence. Such reactions may have a social defense in the street and/or in the media however such actions have no legal defense in a court of law if one lives to having been arrested and not shot dead like Trayvon Martin reacting to George Zimmerman's racial profiling antics and goading him into a reaction.
u mean it was all the kids fault ?????

One-Hundredd

Aug 1, 2019
Occupation
Scholar/Musician/Artist

That's what I was trying to reiterate.... Is that we have to be smarter in our reactions. No it isn't Trayvon Martin's fault I detest that. I do think if Trayvon would've went home and told his father somebody was following him and described the man he'd still be here. And I don't say that him fighting George was his own fault either because you're unarmed trying to naturally defend yourself. The main point here is to be aware and be smart to know when people are purposely trying to provoke you so they can play the victim card.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
A slur is just a word, the problem lies with ones reaction to a word or words. Bottom line is they're just words. You know, the sticks and stones thing. Shame though you accuse me of blaming a Black kid for his own death at the hands of someone else.
all i did was ask for clarification.....

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
@EverForward...thank you for providing your opinion about my earlier statement. Believe it or not, I clearly know and understand what you wrote already. I might sound like it from time to time, but I'm not some raging lunatic who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. And, every reaction doesn't always have to be a violent one and still not be passive. The tongue is a mighty weapon, is it not?

I've lived long enough to know that everyone has a multitude of options at their disposal and they are free to choose whichever one works for them in every situation they encounter. The reason you haven't read about me in the news or seen a story with a horrible end to it scrolling across your tv screen or in your news feed is because I understand these things.

However, having said all of that, let's not be naive and give credit where it isn't due to ignorance when it's on display by others. It's not always intended to provoke one's reaction, some people are just plain stupid and sometimes they feel they have the right to say and do humiliating things to Black people simply because they think it's their privilege and their hatred for us runs that deep. In war, when an enemy shoots at you, is your only option to run away and hide? Situations must be weighed and, hopefully, a person who is victimized is equipped to respond appropriately.

Just my humble opinion...

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
I remember well when we decided to take n***** back in the late half of the 60's. I also remember well the night I almost beat to death some Arkansas cracker for daring to utter it (and I don't doubt I would have if my Brothers hadn't come back to drag me off).
Today I've no doubt it is used behind my back in and about the small town I live in, but no one would dare use it to my face and while I probably wouldn't go straight at them it would get filed.........and if they ever happen to be crossing the street in front of me there might be an unfortunate accident.
Things already raggedy enough round here when some privileged white mofo come in telling us what we got to do. Why upset the place anymore than necessary?
Among the Brothers and Sisters, fine by me.
For me those boundaries are clearly set.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
@EverForward...thank you for providing your opinion about my earlier statement. Believe it or not, I clearly know and understand what you wrote already. I might sound like it from time to time, but I'm not some raging lunatic who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. And, every reaction doesn't always have to be a violent one and still not be passive. The tongue is a mighty weapon, is it not?

I've lived long enough to know that everyone has a multitude of options at their disposal and they are free to choose whichever one works for them in every situation they encounter. The reason you haven't read about me in the news or seen a story with a horrible end to it scrolling across your tv screen or in your news feed is because I understand these things.

However, having said all of that, let's not be naive and give credit where it isn't due to ignorance when it's on display by others. It's not always intended to provoke one's reaction, some people are just plain stupid and sometimes they feel they have the right to say and do humiliating things to Black people simply because they think it's their privilege and their hatred for us runs that deep. In war, when an enemy shoots at you, is your only option to run away and hide? Situations must be weighed and, hopefully, a person who is victimized is equipped to respond appropriately.

Just my humble opinion...
I remember well when we decided to take n***** back in the late half of the 60's. I also remember well the night I almost beat to death some Arkansas cracker for daring to utter it (and I don't doubt I would have if my Brothers hadn't come back to drag me off).
Today I've no doubt it is used behind my back in and about the small town I live in, but no one would dare use it to my face and while I probably wouldn't go straight at them it would get filed.........and if they ever happen to be crossing the street in front of me there might be an unfortunate accident.
Things already raggedy enough round here when some privileged white mofo come in telling us what we got to do. Why upset the place anymore than necessary?
Among the Brothers and Sisters, fine by me.
For me those boundaries are clearly set.
you could chose to not let anybody trigger you and control you with the use of a word.......

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!