Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Now as for that word Ni-ger well, I once saw this show on TV titled You know you are a redneck when: and it appeared to be well received by a lot of white country folks who wore or accepted that term (Redneck) as a badge of honor. However I'm pretty sure that there were folks who didn't want that term used in reference to themselves because of the offensive and derogatory implications.. The same is true for the word Ni-ger which some black folk seem to embrace as a term of endearment.
Well, I'm going to use another word and that word is Fa-got. Which by the way before it became so offensive actually meant (a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel).
Now what if there were certain members of the Gay community who decided that they would use this word as a term of endearment in ways of expression.
Something like;
Yo, what's up my fa-got? My fa-got is down with me. That's my fa-got you talk'in bout there bro. or Yo Yo Yo, my fa-got and me hold'in it down son. Yo dog, why you sweat'in my fa-got like that? and etc. I believe that you get my drift. How well do you think that would be received? Exactly!

Now there is a time and place for everything but personally I don't think that this is the time nor place for the word Ni-ger.. But hey, that's not my call, it's yours.
Bottom line is: What does your heart tell you?

Excellent comment Al D. I remember a decade or two in the past when society was lukewarm about racial strife, name calling and other political minutia with little or no social impact where a great majority of us swore that in some obscure dictionary they claim the word ni**er meant anybody of low quality, even Whites.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Thanks everyone for participating in this poll and thread! ... :score:

poll.png

Based on the poll results, we will not be changing our policy on the word.

It will remain on our banned word list and will be asterisked if typed.

This was a great experience. Very nice to get collective opinion.

Like I said, I was ready ... :D ... Let's Go! ... :running:

But now I will only be going back to maintaining our home as always ... :guard:

Maybe we can look at this again in 20 years and see if opinions have changed ... :wink:

Of course everyone is welcome to continue sharing in this thread and voting, but contemplating a change in our policy - that part is over for now.

Thank you @One-Hundredd for broaching a topic that had been on my mind too.

Unfortunately, the majority do not agree with us ... :censored: ... :love:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

EverForward

Aug 23, 2019
I hope I'm not out of place here but like the Confederate flags, statues and other symbols of hate I feel such words and symbols should remain in literature and artifact displays in our Black history museums. This is the most overused word espousing race hate in American society. To blame our Rap and Hip Hop Stars with perpetrating it is false. Our comedians and actors kept such dialog going full speed ahead for entertainment value and for the most part the Whites have now stepped back and let us demean each other. White people in general have no decent moral value and even have us thinking when they call themselves Wiggers we go along with thinking that word is funny too.

One-Hundredd

Aug 1, 2019
Occupation
Scholar/Musician/Artist
Well I understand the majority of voters may oppose the acceptance of the word. But I'm going to say something powerful:
IF ALL OF OUR ANCESTORS HAVE OVERCAME EVERY SINGLE OBSTACLE THROWN AT THEM INCLUDING SLAVERY AND WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE OVERCAME AND PERSEVERED THROUGH NEARLY EVERY OBSTACLE AMERICA HAS PUT IN OUR WAY? THEN HOW CAN WE NOT OVERCOME A WORD??? WORDS ARE MEANT TO BE DEFINED. WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL RACE IN MODERN HISTORY...THIS IS NOT BIASED POINT OF VIEW THIS IS DOCUMENTED HISTORICAL FACT. AND I LIVE TO SEE THE DAY MY PEOPLE OVERCOME NOT ONLY THEIR FRUSTRATIONS BUT ALSO WORDS WHICH HAD ONCE PLAGUED THEM. I AM HERE AS A STUDENT WHO WILL MAKE PLAIN THAT HIS PEOPLE WILL SEE LIBERATION EVEN IN "WORDS" BECAUSE OUR BLACK DOT WITHIN OUR PINEAL GAVE LIFE TO ALL HUMANITY. SO OUR INGENUITY SHOULD NOT BE LIMITED. IF YOU SHIFT YOUR THINKING, YOU'VE BROKEN A CHAIN...UNLOCK THAT WHICH IS IN YOUR BRAIN AND NOW LET THE JEWELS OF CHANGE FALL WHERE THEY WILL BE EMBRACED. IF YOU CAN GET SOMEONE TO THINK YOU WILL INEVITABLY CHANGE THEM.
--Clifford E. Onehundredd

EverForward

Aug 23, 2019
Elder James, stop being mean. I think stress is a choice, but so is temptation and people fall to it all of the time. It's human to mess up, so we have to give room to breathe and get better.
I agree with Mr. James. Stress is a choice but not all people are aware they are the unwitting victims of internally or externally induced stress or strong enough to know they actually have a choice. Like various addictions one must admit or know that they have a problem then find a solution. I heard that there is actually good stress but I know no example of that.

EverForward

Aug 23, 2019
Now as for that word Ni-ger well, I once saw this show on TV titled You know you are a redneck when: and it appeared to be well received by a lot of white country folks who wore or accepted that term (Redneck) as a badge of honor. However I'm pretty sure that there were folks who didn't want that term used in reference to themselves because of the offensive and derogatory implications.. The same is true for the word Ni-ger which some black folk seem to embrace as a term of endearment.
Well, I'm going to use another word and that word is Fa-got. Which by the way before it became so offensive actually meant (a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel).
Now what if there were certain members of the Gay community who decided that they would use this word as a term of endearment in ways of expression.
Something like;
Yo, what's up my fa-got? My fa-got is down with me. That's my fa-got you talk'in bout there bro. or Yo Yo Yo, my fa-got and me hold'in it down son. Yo dog, why you sweat'in my fa-got like that? and etc. I believe that you get my drift. How well do you think that would be received? Exactly!

Now there is a time and place for everything but personally I don't think that this is the time nor place for the word Ni-ger.. But hey, that's not my call, it's yours.
Bottom line is: What does your heart tell you?
www.jefffoxworthy.com

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
If this is an issue of free speech and us taking a look in the 21st century at the possibility of loosening the bonds on the use of certain words here like "ni**er", if you can argue in favor of unchaining one word that is still considered "hateful" by some, what principle do we stand on for not applying the same rule to all the other words that we ban from being used here? Words that fall under the category of "hate speech" was the reason behind the banned list. It was this way of thinking that elevated this website from all the other similar websites. Hate has not gone away and as much as I'd like to believe that many of us have risen higher in our thinking and emotional state when it comes to hearing or seeing the words today, how true is that? For me, it's a moment by moment experience. If a family member or close friend called me the N word, I might react differently than if a cop or judge called me that. That word means different things when spoken by different people. If a police officer or a racist heffa in Walmart called me that, I already know we about to have a problem. Just say'n...

One-Hundredd

Aug 1, 2019
Occupation
Scholar/Musician/Artist
If this is an issue of free speech and us taking a look in the 21st century at the possibility of loosening the bonds on the use of certain words here like "ni**er", if you can argue in favor of unchaining one word that is still considered "hateful" by some, what principle do we stand on for not applying the same rule to all the other words that we ban from being used here? Words that fall under the category of "hate speech" was the reason behind the banned list. It was this way of thinking that elevated this website from all the other similar websites. Hate has not gone away and as much as I'd like to believe that many of us have risen higher in our thinking and emotional state when it comes to hearing or seeing the words today, how true is that? For me, it's a moment by moment experience. If a family member or close friend called me the N word, I might react differently than if a cop or judge called me that. That word means different things when spoken by different people. If a police officer or a racist heffa in Walmart called me that, I already know we about to have a problem. Just say'n...
Of course I was speaking of context. If it's used among ourselves. Like; never ignorant getting goals accomplished. Sometimes white people use that word to purposely bait our people in to committing violent retaliation. Of course the other word with 'er' will be a little more challenging getting over simply because there's history there. We do know though that this n word was made up by the slavemaster to degrade our people, and since the white man knows nothing about our people other than his own cynical ways, our people should take steps to overcome that word as well. First thing you gotta do is remind yourself that another man's words hold no validation to who you are. This is how I overcame the n word. I had a white person call me the n***er word before and I challenged him by saying that I am a "noble individual given gratification earning respect." This pissed him off and he left me alone because he didn't have anything else to come at me with. See if you fight these people with mental strength and integrity these people will go from hating you to hating themselves. They already jealous of who you are and what your people have accomplished. Again, this is not me putting my people on a throne, this is all historical documented fact. Go research in history and find Malcolm X and others. They could not challenge Malcolm because he had a come back for everything they'd thrown at him. And police themselves are the new slaves. See because even though we think they getting away with murder...they have no peace of mind, they're exiled from the rest of society, the answer to one supervisor and when they die only other police come to their funeral...no praise for their work...it's all karma from enslaving our ancestors. Slave patrol karma. Chains Of Psychological Slavery = COPS. Some people may debate me on that but it's true...a cop shoots somebody and because he's not convicted he is not at peace because the conviction brings mental closure. So whoever the cop shot is gonna haunt him for the rest of his life...that's why all cops are unstable and are slaves in my opinion. Black people today, we're not slaves...we are struggling in some areas but we are more free than we ever been. All the things our ancestors wanted to do we have a chance to do now including overcoming the same word some white man threw at us. Just something to think about. Not trying to get all Revolutionary on y'all but be real about this...you are intelligent...you come from a stock of people who overcame every obstacle and even conquered The White House if you count Michelle Obama as First Lady...so how is a 'word' gonna hold you back? Nothing can go you back...you were born great and they know it that's why they hatin'. You have the power of choice...it's your choice of how you allow certain things to bother you or you allow yourself to not know the ledge. Just remember you have your power of mind...

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!