Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Peace and Blessings Family,

@One-Hundredd joined and brought this topic up, reminding me that I have softened on the fact that it is not currently allowed here.

It is one of our banned words, not allowed. If you use it, it will be asterisked out. That has not changed at this point.

I am not sure it will change, as it will be difficult to moderate one's intent - is it respect or disrespect.

For that reason, I cannot see our policy on the word changing - but I"m certainly open to persuasive argument.

My primary concern is the management of this community, maintaining our peace and purpose.

Not one word (or person) will be allowed to hinder us or make an already challenging task moreso.

Though again, if there is a way to have the word, without risk to the above, I'm game.

Please share your thoughts and vote in the poll.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Hello Destee
I asterisk out the words, other words. Curse mostly that you asked and refrain from.
In today's racial climate. Why degrade.

Destee
What you state in this post is so on point.

I wish we could erase the word and all of its derivations. Many feel ****** is derogatory but ***** is not. At the age of 55 you cannot hurt me with the word but I know how hateful the word can be. Maintaining the ban would be a pleasant anomaly in this world of social media. The flip side is some of our most prolific literature contain the word ******. From H. Rap Brown, (Jamil Al-Amin) Die ****** Die, to the Last Poets ******* are scared of revolution. I definitely Stand by you Destee on whatever you choose.

Bro. James, thank you for the historical context for the meaning of the word, however, I don't believe that people have that meaning in mind when they use the "N" word these days. Should we rise above hurt feelings when we hear or read the word? Probably so, but we also can't deny that it has had a definite negative impact on us for generations when spoken out of the mouths of racist people, and it causes a reaction in us--and not a very good one.

My perception is, it's not a flattering word to describe Black people. True, it's permissible now to use it in poetry and music, but if it's not for political reasons and just because, I find it offensive. I would not like to see it written in the forums. I'm going to have to agree with ogoun's prediction of what will happen if a non-Black person comes here and tosses that word around.

I think it will forever change (destroy) the respectful climate that we worked so hard to create here.

I vote NO!

But, Bro. James, you're obviously an elevated brother and clearly, I haven't progressed to your level yet. You display a sense of calm about you that I only dream about having. Not quite there yet. I will, however, continue to strive for that type of excellence, but until then, a sister is always ready to fight over some words...:blush:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back