Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Okay, this is where we must respect our differences. @jamesfrmphilly I hear you but I'm just not there with you on this.

This reminds me of when I was a young teen, growing up watching student protests during the height of the Civil Rights Movement down south. I watched Black people not much older than me, attacked and bitten by dogs, beaten with billy clubs, hosed down to the ground by fire hoses, spat on, cursed at, hated and threatened to be killed. That made an unforgettable impression upon my young mind and budding emotions; I felt wounded; it made me sad and angry.

I would listen to Dr. King as he was interviewed, talk about and advocate for nonviolent protesting and I saw what that meant for Black people--unimaginable violence and hate toward them. I did not ask the question, "What would Jesus Do?" in those moments. And here, I'm going to show how really human I am, I don't aspire to that level of consciousness because as I look at it, either way, in the end, if someone wants you dead, no matter if you're highly elevated or have your feet planted firmly on the ground, they will find a way.

Nonviolent protesting might have worked differently for Ghandi, but honestly, I knew, without question, as a Black young woman, my sensibilities didn't rise to whatever level it took to allow me to be beaten, abused, spit on, bitten and kicked by anyone, particularly white people, and do it willingly. That's not my make up. I'm not a rag doll and won't allow myself to be treated as one.

Do I have lower vibrations? If you want to interpret it as such. I knew as I watched my people being treated that way that the messages I also heard of Malcolm and the BPP at that very same time were more in tune to my understanding and personality.

Don't give up on me though because, who knows, there might be such things as miracles.

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Okay, this is where we must respect our differences. @jamesfrmphilly I hear you but I'm just not there with you on this.

This reminds me of when I was a young teen, growing up watching student protests during the height of the Civil Rights Movement down south. I watched Black people not much older than me, attacked and bitten by dogs, beaten with billy clubs, hosed down to the ground by fire hoses, spat on, cursed at, hated and threatened to be killed. That made an unforgettable impression upon my young mind and budding emotions; I felt wounded; it made me sad and angry.

I would listen to Dr. King as he was interviewed, talk about and advocate for nonviolent protesting and I saw what that meant for Black people--unimaginable violence and hate toward them. I did not ask the question, "What would Jesus Do?" in those moments. And here, I'm going to show how really human I am, I don't aspire to that level of consciousness because as I look at it, either way, in the end, if someone wants you dead, no matter if you're highly elevated or have your feet planted firmly on the ground, they will find a way.

Nonviolent protesting might have worked differently for Ghandi, but honestly, I knew, without question, as a Black young woman, my sensibilities didn't rise to whatever level it took to allow me to be beaten, abused, spit on, bitten and kicked by anyone, particularly white people, and do it willingly. That's not my make up. I'm not a rag doll and won't allow myself to be treated as one.

Do I have lower vibrations? If you want to interpret it as such. I knew as I watched my people being treated that way that the messages I also heard of Malcolm and the BPP at that very same time were more in tune to my understanding and personality.

Don't give up on me though because, who knows, there might be such things as miracles.
i am NOT an advocate for non violence. somebody put hands on u kill them if u can.

i am saying that WE determine our own reaction. when, where and how much.

don't let crazy people trigger you with a word and have you under their control.

they will give you the word and if you lay hands on them they will scream self defense.

when a white women called me an uppity n***** i smiled at her and said 'u know that's absolutely right', 'now u have a nice day'. she had no more to say.

i am not going to let an African honorific insult me.

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!