Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
A slur is just a word, the problem lies with ones reaction to a word or words. Bottom line is they're just words. You know, the sticks and stones thing. Shame though you accuse me of blaming a Black kid for his own death at the hands of someone else.
all i did was ask for clarification.....

@EverForward...thank you for providing your opinion about my earlier statement. Believe it or not, I clearly know and understand what you wrote already. I might sound like it from time to time, but I'm not some raging lunatic who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. And, every reaction doesn't always have to be a violent one and still not be passive. The tongue is a mighty weapon, is it not?

I've lived long enough to know that everyone has a multitude of options at their disposal and they are free to choose whichever one works for them in every situation they encounter. The reason you haven't read about me in the news or seen a story with a horrible end to it scrolling across your tv screen or in your news feed is because I understand these things.

However, having said all of that, let's not be naive and give credit where it isn't due to ignorance when it's on display by others. It's not always intended to provoke one's reaction, some people are just plain stupid and sometimes they feel they have the right to say and do humiliating things to Black people simply because they think it's their privilege and their hatred for us runs that deep. In war, when an enemy shoots at you, is your only option to run away and hide? Situations must be weighed and, hopefully, a person who is victimized is equipped to respond appropriately.

Just my humble opinion...

I remember well when we decided to take n***** back in the late half of the 60's. I also remember well the night I almost beat to death some Arkansas cracker for daring to utter it (and I don't doubt I would have if my Brothers hadn't come back to drag me off).
Today I've no doubt it is used behind my back in and about the small town I live in, but no one would dare use it to my face and while I probably wouldn't go straight at them it would get filed.........and if they ever happen to be crossing the street in front of me there might be an unfortunate accident.
Things already raggedy enough round here when some privileged white mofo come in telling us what we got to do. Why upset the place anymore than necessary?
Among the Brothers and Sisters, fine by me.
For me those boundaries are clearly set.

@EverForward...thank you for providing your opinion about my earlier statement. Believe it or not, I clearly know and understand what you wrote already. I might sound like it from time to time, but I'm not some raging lunatic who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. And, every reaction doesn't always have to be a violent one and still not be passive. The tongue is a mighty weapon, is it not?

I've lived long enough to know that everyone has a multitude of options at their disposal and they are free to choose whichever one works for them in every situation they encounter. The reason you haven't read about me in the news or seen a story with a horrible end to it scrolling across your tv screen or in your news feed is because I understand these things.

However, having said all of that, let's not be naive and give credit where it isn't due to ignorance when it's on display by others. It's not always intended to provoke one's reaction, some people are just plain stupid and sometimes they feel they have the right to say and do humiliating things to Black people simply because they think it's their privilege and their hatred for us runs that deep. In war, when an enemy shoots at you, is your only option to run away and hide? Situations must be weighed and, hopefully, a person who is victimized is equipped to respond appropriately.

Just my humble opinion...
I remember well when we decided to take n***** back in the late half of the 60's. I also remember well the night I almost beat to death some Arkansas cracker for daring to utter it (and I don't doubt I would have if my Brothers hadn't come back to drag me off).
Today I've no doubt it is used behind my back in and about the small town I live in, but no one would dare use it to my face and while I probably wouldn't go straight at them it would get filed.........and if they ever happen to be crossing the street in front of me there might be an unfortunate accident.
Things already raggedy enough round here when some privileged white mofo come in telling us what we got to do. Why upset the place anymore than necessary?
Among the Brothers and Sisters, fine by me.
For me those boundaries are clearly set.
you could chose to not let anybody trigger you and control you with the use of a word.......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back