Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
it is a daily struggle. i get up and meditate and lay out my goals for that day.
i take stock at night and see what i need to correct. it's hard but it gets easier.

i have not lost my temper in a minute but fools be steady trying me.

if i can see it as another test i can step away quickly.
we can retrain ourselves. advertisers do it to us all the time.
that's what therapy is all about.

humans are the most malleable of animals.

"when you know better you do better" "each one teach one"
the guides are there for us. we just need to follow them.

View attachment 17621
Now this sounds as though it is coming from a man of wisdom derived from experience and knowledge.. Well spoken to the written word my man..

Now as for that word Ni-ger well, I once saw this show on TV titled You know you are a redneck when: and it appeared to be well received by a lot of white country folks who wore or accepted that term (Redneck) as a badge of honor. However I'm pretty sure that there were folks who didn't want that term used in reference to themselves because of the offensive and derogatory implications.. The same is true for the word Ni-ger which some black folk seem to embrace as a term of endearment.
Well, I'm going to use another word and that word is Fa-got. Which by the way before it became so offensive actually meant (a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together as fuel).
Now what if there were certain members of the Gay community who decided that they would use this word as a term of endearment in ways of expression.
Something like;
Yo, what's up my fa-got? My fa-got is down with me. That's my fa-got you talk'in bout there bro. or Yo Yo Yo, my fa-got and me hold'in it down son. Yo dog, why you sweat'in my fa-got like that? and etc. I believe that you get my drift. How well do you think that would be received? Exactly!

Now there is a time and place for everything but personally I don't think that this is the time nor place for the word Ni-ger.. But hey, that's not my call, it's yours.
Bottom line is: What does your heart tell you?

Last edited:
Peace and Blessings Family,

Thanks everyone for participating in this poll and thread! ... :score:

poll.png

Based on the poll results, we will not be changing our policy on the word.

It will remain on our banned word list and will be asterisked if typed.

This was a great experience. Very nice to get collective opinion.

Like I said, I was ready ... :D ... Let's Go! ... :running:

But now I will only be going back to maintaining our home as always ... :guard:

Maybe we can look at this again in 20 years and see if opinions have changed ... :wink:

Of course everyone is welcome to continue sharing in this thread and voting, but contemplating a change in our policy - that part is over for now.

Thank you @One-Hundredd for broaching a topic that had been on my mind too.

Unfortunately, the majority do not agree with us ... :censored: ... :love:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I vote no.
I understand the word Negast and Negus and the connection to the other words and the 'N' word but, in America, today, it would not be good.

Well I understand the majority of voters may oppose the acceptance of the word. But I'm going to say something powerful:
IF ALL OF OUR ANCESTORS HAVE OVERCAME EVERY SINGLE OBSTACLE THROWN AT THEM INCLUDING SLAVERY AND WE AS A PEOPLE HAVE OVERCAME AND PERSEVERED THROUGH NEARLY EVERY OBSTACLE AMERICA HAS PUT IN OUR WAY? THEN HOW CAN WE NOT OVERCOME A WORD??? WORDS ARE MEANT TO BE DEFINED. WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL RACE IN MODERN HISTORY...THIS IS NOT BIASED POINT OF VIEW THIS IS DOCUMENTED HISTORICAL FACT. AND I LIVE TO SEE THE DAY MY PEOPLE OVERCOME NOT ONLY THEIR FRUSTRATIONS BUT ALSO WORDS WHICH HAD ONCE PLAGUED THEM. I AM HERE AS A STUDENT WHO WILL MAKE PLAIN THAT HIS PEOPLE WILL SEE LIBERATION EVEN IN "WORDS" BECAUSE OUR BLACK DOT WITHIN OUR PINEAL GAVE LIFE TO ALL HUMANITY. SO OUR INGENUITY SHOULD NOT BE LIMITED. IF YOU SHIFT YOUR THINKING, YOU'VE BROKEN A CHAIN...UNLOCK THAT WHICH IS IN YOUR BRAIN AND NOW LET THE JEWELS OF CHANGE FALL WHERE THEY WILL BE EMBRACED. IF YOU CAN GET SOMEONE TO THINK YOU WILL INEVITABLY CHANGE THEM.
--Clifford E. Onehundredd

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back