Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please.

Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here?

• yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • no

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

@One-Hundredd joined and brought this topic up, reminding me that I have softened on the fact that it is not currently allowed here.

It is one of our banned words, not allowed. If you use it, it will be asterisked out. That has not changed at this point.

I am not sure it will change, as it will be difficult to moderate one's intent - is it respect or disrespect.

For that reason, I cannot see our policy on the word changing - but I"m certainly open to persuasive argument.

My primary concern is the management of this community, maintaining our peace and purpose.

Not one word (or person) will be allowed to hinder us or make an already challenging task moreso.

Though again, if there is a way to have the word, without risk to the above, I'm game.

Please share your thoughts and vote in the poll.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Perhaps in the poetry and story section only?
It's already used by writers, musicians and any actors videos we post in the entertainment area.
On the more generally used open forum pages though? I can only speak for myself but I know how I'll feel and probably react the first time some Wonder Bread thinks they're going to get cute.
So color me very ambivalent leaning no.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
Destee you created a higher standard, don't lower it for the sake of a word that is useless, disrespectful and destructive.

Thank you.
Peace and Blessings Family,
I am not sure it will change, as it will be difficult to moderate one's intent - is it respect or disrespect.

It's no wonder everyone is crazy. A word that was created to disrespect our ancestors, yet we want to say it with love. Do you see jewish people greeting each other with "heil hitler" because they mean it in a good way lol.

smh

Thank you for all you do Destee.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
negus.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chyko Black Relationships : Black Women Should Allow Black Men To Have Side Chicks – Mo’Nique Black Relationships 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Not Egyptian and no great beauty: what Gal Gadot's Cleopatra should look like, according to history Egypt 0
A Black People : Food Should Be Free Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People Politics : Toppling Statues and Removing Racist State Flags Should Not be The legacy of The Untimely Demise of George Floyd Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What Does BIPOC Stand For? Here’s Why You Should Consider Using the Term to Be More Inclusive African American History Culture 1
A Black Spirituality Religion : What books/tools should a person use to study the old testament? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : Should I wonder? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Black People : How should I put it? Black People Open Forum 4
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Enlightenment’s Dark Side How the Enlightenment created modern race thinking, and why we should confront it African American History Culture 0
HODEE Black People Politics : Americans should prepare for coronavirus crisis in U.S., CDC says Black People Politics 5
OldSoul Black People : Global Warning by OldSoul (written in Spoken Word and should be read aloud to oneself and with others) Black People Open Forum 0
Ndugu Black People : No Reason Why we should not have a Nationwide Boycott on Black Friday ova Police Lynching! Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : When You Are Thinking Divinely, Then You Are Naturally Behaving As You Should!!! Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Head not at odds it's straight and in Genesis now god create the HEAVEN AND EARTH folks should be in FT LEAVENWORTH for not believing, the earth had n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : All college students should take a mandatory course on black history and white privilege Black Education / Schools 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Should museums return their colonial artifacts? All Things Africa 0
dattaswami1 Black Christians : A true devotee must always express that the will of God should always happen either in his case or in the case of the others Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : How to Actually Remove Pesticides From Your Fruit Assuming that you should be worried about them in the first place Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Earth is wobbling more than it should, and humans are likely the cause Science and Technology 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures from the old testament should a person read to become a better man? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
DigitallyBlack Black Picture Image Gallery : Train up a child in the way s/he should go: and when s/he is old, s/he will not depart from it. Black Picture Image Gallery 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : How should a beginner approach the old testament? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Kemetstry Black People : WHY WE SHOULD NEVER LET GO OR FORGET Black People Open Forum 12
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Hood made want good grades should’ve played foot-ball yall now in the mall to think about t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Hood made want good grades should’ve played foot-ball yall now in the mall to think about t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Why Oprah Should Not Run for President Black People Politics 17
chuck Black People Politics : What Should Be Our Goal For True African-American Political Empowerment In 2018? Black People Politics 1
Mister Aten Black Money Business Jobs : Bitcoin:Should we trust it? Black Money Business Jobs 21
Kemetstry Science and Technology : SCIENTIST SAY, UNIVERSE SHOULD NOT EXIST Science and Technology 2
chuck African American History Culture : What Should We Tell Today's Black Youth About The Black Freedom Fighters of the Seventies? African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : A firing that should have stuck Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Should blacks celebrate the fourth of July AACOOLDRE 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Coconut oil's health benefits are a myth — here's what you should buy instead Food Discussion and Recipes 1
freddie419 Black Poetry : Heroes Should Never Replace Your Dad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Food Discussion : Fruits and Vegetables - Why You Should Make an Extra Effort to Eat More Food Discussion and Recipes 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : High Blood Pressure? 22 Foods You Should Avoid as Much as Possible Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Somalia : After The SOMALI MASSACRE, Should We Sell More Arms To The Saudis? Somalia 4
Senegal Black People Politics : This Is Why We Should #Buy Black and #Bank Black Black People Politics 18
Liberty Black People Politics : President Trump Should Consider CBC Budget If He’s Serious about Helping Black America Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Bottled water overtakes soda as America’s No. 1 drink — why you should avoid both Black Health and Wellness 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : jeff-sessions-should-resign Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : 5 Things You Should Never Buy at Walmart Black Money Business Jobs 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 10 Foods Everyone With High Blood Pressure Should Be Eating 22 Foods You Should Avoid Black Health and Wellness 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Frederick Douglas: And the 4th of July Trump should read this AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Why 'Hidden Figures' is a Movie Everyone Should Watch Black Entertainment 13
chuck Black People : We Should Hold Our Black News Editors And Black News Reporters Accountable Too! Black People Open Forum 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : America Should Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
crwn Black People Politics : Should these be added to the "Clinton Body Count"? Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 2016 should make us rethink our approach to politicians Black People Politics 31
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Nick Cannon Won’t Vote for President but He Thinks You Should Black People Politics 0