Black Relationships : Should the law go after women who lie about paternity?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by kente417mojo, Aug 10, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    There are many men who are lied to by women into thinking they are a child's father. They go years and years thinking this kid is their's all the while supporting the child (and indirectly the woman too). Then later on down the road these men find out the truth through divorce and child support issues. Sometimes these men are forced to keep paying simply because they have been in this child's life since birth. :puke2: This is rediculous. Something needs to be done.

I think that women who lie about this should be prosecuted and put in prison for fraud. That's what it is. It's fraud. Ruining a man's life because you're a skank should be a crime. What do you guys think? Do you know someone that has gone through this and what was their situation like? I think paternity test should be mandatory at birth whether the couple wants one or not. That's a simple way to stop this problem.

2. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yes I do think the woman should be punished. I'm not sure I'd choose prison, but they should be charged with a crime.

Laws need to start reflecting the actions of women on a case by case basis and should not be stuck back in the day and age where women did not work and were more dependant on men. Women should not be able to stick child support on a male without first PROVING by DNA or a paternity test that he is in fact the father.

People always say it takes two to tangle, but it also takes TWO to be responsible.

If he didn't use a condom and you didn't make him, then next week you are sexin someone else and now you're guessing who the father is...you are just as responsible for that child coming into this world as he is. A woman who is "guessing" who the baby's daddy is should also be responsible for paying back any child support she recieved in error for a child that did not belong to the man you ASSUMED fathered the child.

The system also makes a man pay child support for a child who is not his...but he raised. Meaning just as long as he ASSUMED he is the father, he can still be held for child support even if he is not the biological father. That is messed up. Seems like you can just go point out a man and MAKE him be the father. Something should be done about that.

The judicial system is very discriminatory toward fathers...especially for those who choose to take part in their childs life but can't.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is nothing new. My uncle was separated from his 1st wife for 3 years before they got a divorce. During their separation my uncle's wife got pregnant and had a child by another man. My uncle did not have a problem with this because he did not intend to reunite with his wife. However during the divorce trial the judge ruled my uncle had to pay child support for the 3 children born to the marriage...well my uncle had no problem with the oldest 2, because they were his children. The 3rd child though was the one conceived by another man during their separation. My uncle informed the judge this, only to be told that since all 3 children had his name...all 3 were his children. As a result my uncle paid for a child which wasn't his for the next 18 years...this happened during the 1960s.

It is definately fradulent for women to "knowingly" claim the wrong man to be the father of their child, and I think they should be held accountable for doing this. I hesitate suggesting jail time, because these children don't need to be without their mother. However I fully support the women having to pay back the money that was unjustly taken from the man. This is the just thing to do, but the courts don't care about justice in paternity cases. All the courts are concerned about is that someone will pay for a child, and that these children don't become wards of the state. In addition I believe that agencies have been created to collect & process child support...it is now a big booming business. Men beware!!! I wouldn't suggest any single man claim paternity without requesting a DNA test...the stroke of your pen on a birth certificate might as well be signed in blood!

4. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    That's true. They should have to pay any money back that they got. It not right because even if the child is not the man's he still has to pay. Even if the woman get's remarried and starts living with another man....the guy who was lied to still has to pay. Kids are being used as a form of employment for some women, who just want to sit back and drain some guys wallet. There are too many women that choose to have kids that they can't take care of and then stick it to a man to finance this bad decision...even when the baby is not his. It does take two to be responsible...but the law says that if you get someone pregnant....unless the woman wants to work......the man is financially responsible.

5. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I think that the punishment should be severe to discourage women from thinking they can do this and get away with a slap on the wrist. People will still do it either way, but if they know that "IF" they get caught all they have to do is pay the money back...they will still chance it. I mean people cheat on their taxes and get caught. and only have to pay it back...that's why they still chance it. Not too many people want to chance going to prison over something like this. Plus, it's not just the financial ruin that men will face, but the fact that he went years and years thinking a child was his. Bonding with the child. Loving the child as his own, then finding out that it was all a lie. Your tucking in another man's child. You're teaching another man's child how to read. I think it would devestate the child to see his/ her mother go to prison...but it's just as devastating to find out later that your dad is not your dad.

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'd also like to add that I don't believe women "mistakenly" list the wrong father. A woman knows exactly who & how many people that she was sleeping with at the time she gets pregnant. If a woman is having unprotected sex with multiple partners at the time she got pregnant, then she doesn't have any idea who the father is. In this situation the women needs to inform all men involved of the situation, instead of choosing who she would most like to be the father.

7. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    Yes they should because the process needs to stop!
    It's a defamation to a man who belives it is his child and a piece of crap to the guy who knows it aint his child.
    I'm sorry, then again I'm not sorry! Lock their tails up! It's not our fault they don't know who the father is and it's not our fault if u don't like who the real father is. It's a sad situation and the law needs to step in and put a hault to this farce!

8. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Exactly. The laws are basically saying it's ok unless you get caught. If a man does anything negative concerning his responsibilty to a child he get's a blow-torch put to his ***, but a woman can just cruise by because she's a woman. It's crazy. On top of that, a man does not have the right to even choose to be a father (after having sex), whereas a woman does. That's just another example. But that's another thread entirely. All women have to do is write your name on a paper and collect money and you're stuck, whether the kid is yours or not. You have to prove that it's not your kid. Women should have to prove it is.

9. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Just thinking...That would put Maury Povich out of business....

10. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    He does make a living with those paternity test doesn't he. Maury is shoveling alot of dirt these days. :lol:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. women who lie about paternity

2. wives who lie about paternity