Black People : Should the death penalty be given to those who sexually abuse children?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ecks, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, Family (all people who are not White,)

One of my favorite songs is Aerosmith's "Janie's Got A Gun" (here's the song if you would like to listen to it:
    .)

In the song a girl shoots & kills her father for sexually abusing her. I think that that (death) is perfect justice for sexually abusing children. Would you agree that the death penalty should be given for sexually abusing children? If no, why do you think it shouldn't be given?

Peace & Brotherly Love,
    Bro. Ecks

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    you say that we supposed to do what white people do?

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    No. But I have no problem with them never getting out of jail

4. Ecks

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, Bro. jamesfrmphilly,

No, that's precisely it. Those who govern America, mostly White people, do not believe in harsh punishments for sexually violating people. I say just kill people who sexually violate others.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Nah. I don't support capital punishment.

6. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    I take it that you would have no problem being given the job of carrying out these killings?

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I wouldn't care what they do with the scum-bags, especially since the average child molester rapes over 100 children in their lifetimes. Saw in the paper where one 62 year old had molested over 300 children in his lifetime.

Seriously, think I'd care what happened to folk who PROVED they didn't care how many lives they destroyed?

8. Ecks

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, my Brother.

Well I wouldn't be a vigilante killer. I believe the killing should be carried out by the state and not vigilantes.

Peace & Brotherly Love,
    Bro. Ecks

9. libres

libres Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i don't support the death penalty as a punishment for any crime. for one thing, if the guilty verdict is wrong, then an innocent person dies. if an innocent person goes to jail, there's the chance that the truth might come out and they get released. i believe in jail for dangerous offenders plus rehabilitation to try to make them no longer dangerous (after which they can be released with probation to keep an eye on them).

also, most sexual abuse of children is done by someone close to the child, often someone they care about. if the child thinks the abuser will be given the death penalty, they might remain silent to protect the abuser. because even tho they hate what the abuser does, they often also care about them, or even love them (or a love-hate relationship). imagine the position it puts a child in knowing that if they tell what's going on, then their brother or uncle or coach or priest might be killed. you'll have fewer kids reporting sexual abuse. even if they do tell, and the abuser is killed, the weight of that on the child's conscience will be too much. they will feel very guilty on top of being traumatized by the abuse.

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    This is a beautiful, thoughtful post. While I agree with most of what you say, well,

1. I don't think prisons even pretend to "rehabilitate" prisoners anymore,

2. An offender RARELY stops with just one child. If Pops, unc, bruth, whomeva molests one child, trust, he (and although rarely, SHE) will molest others, and

3. Since it's estimated that 30% of women and 25% of men TODAY were sexually abused as children, obviously, children don't tell in the first place.

But your point about the trauma of another being killed, even though you are the victim and it is being done on your behalf, is well taken. It truly is too heavy a burden to put on "most" children. Plus if a scumbag knows that he will be sent to the chair for raping a child, the likelihood him of adding murder to his offense against his victims (they simply don't stop at "one") increases a thousand fold! After all, the child is nothing but a piece of meat in his eyes.

Still, I wouldn't cry.