Black People : Should religion play a part in politics?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kente417mojo, Oct 12, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I have a friend that is voting for Bush. She is a black woman and she is very religious. I asked her why she's voting for Bush and she said "I feel he is a God fearing man". I couldn't believe it. On top of this, she didn't even know what Al-Qaida was until a couple of months ago. I've heard reports on NPR and other political sources where they stated that Bush has a lot of support from religious people because he's against abortion and so called "Pro-life" issues. Anyway, I was wondering what the family thinks about this. Do you think that religion should play a part in politics and who you vote for (if you vote at all). Should churches be able to push for members to vote for a particular candidate or party? Why should it or why should it not.?

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    RELIGION HAS NO PLACE IN POLITICS. I MIGHT VOTE 4 KERRY IF I VOTE AT ALL I REGISTERED LAST WEAK BUT 4 SUM REASON I FEEL LIKE IM SELLING OUT IF VOTE. I BELIEVE RELIGION IS DANGEROUS IT GIVES PPL FALSE SENSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS , DID THIS BLK WOMAN HVE A PROBLEM WITH HER GOD FEARING PRESIDENT MURDERING CHILDREN WOMEN AND INNOCENT MEN? I WONDER,AND I DOUBT IT.

THIS IS WHT I MEAN ALL DAT JESUS JUICE CLOUDS THE THINKING INSTEAD OF SAYING I WONT VOTE 4 THIS KILLER (BUSH EXECUTED THE MOST PPLIN TEXAS EVER! ALSO THE FIRST PREZ TO EXECUTE A FED PRISONER) JUST CUZ THIS DEVIL STANDS UP TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH HE LOVES THE LAWD HE HAS THIS IGNORANT WOMENS VOTE...& MANY MORE FOOLS LIKE HER.

FURTHER MORE I BELIEVE RELIGION IS A KEY PART IN THE CONDITIONS OF BLACKS WORLD WIDE...IN AMERIKKA JESUS TALK HAD SLAVES GUILT RIDDIN ABOUT REVOLTING AND WANTING TO KILL WHTS, IN AFRIKA THE JIHADISTS HVE LONG AGO TAKEN THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CONTINENT WITH THEIR RELIGEUOS CULT BULL SH*T...NEED I SAY MORE.

RELIGION DOES GOOD IN PPLS LIVES BUT MIXED WITH IGNORANCE ITS A DEADLY CONCOCTION!

KENTE WILL U VOTE?

3. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree. I brought that point up that he's a murderer and a liar. Her faith still makes her sway to vote for this guy. She hasn't done the research on the candidates. She just votes for whomever her church feels is the good vote IMO. I asked her why she doesn't vote for Kerry and she say "I don't know, there's just something about him I don't like". That blew me away. There are a thousand reason not to vote for Bush, but she ignores them just because he says God in a speech or something. That's ignorant. I told her she was casting a blind, ignorant vote, but she doesn't want to talk to me about it anymore. She say's I'm just too opinionated and judgemental. Whatever. I'm just trying to understand why people are so brainwashed and why they believe everything they hear.

No, I'm not going to vote. What pisses me off is that both candidates always wait until election time to cater to black folks and minorities. If they really cared about change they would try to make things better all the time...not just around ballot time. I've never voted in my life because of that reason. It's all B/S and it will never change.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    so why do you call the lady brainwashed?
    at least she is voting for who she thinks is right, however misguided that may be.

you say, it will never change.
    i say, as long as you take that attitude, you are guaranteeing that it will never change.

:hearthis:it is YOUR fault that it is the way it is and it is YOUR fault that it will never change.

5. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    james, I'd rather cast no vote if I don't agree with either party, than cast a vote for the wrong person. Duh!!

I say she's brainwashed because other than "He's God fearing" she can't tell me anything else about Bush. She knows nothing about the issues. She didn't know when the debate was until I told her and she didn't even know Iraq and Iran were different places. Anything else??

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    do you know anything about the issues?
    if you knew what i know, you'd be voting.

7. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    james...why do you think you have soooo much more knowledge because of what...your age? Age doesn't make you wise. Yes, I do know the issues and I know neither one of these candidates are telling the truth. I don't vote because why should I put my time and effort into a system that is designed to ignore us? Why take part? If there is ever a person worthy of my vote...then I will vote. Until then, why should I settle for someone that only tells us what we want to hear when election time comes around? It makes no sense. People always talk about "your vote is your voice". The only thing we are voting on is who is telling the best lie. It doesn't matter who you vote for...it matters what they do after the fact...which is nothing. The only thing I don't understand is why people use religion to try and weed out which one is telling the best lie. Religion has no place in politics because to get to the point of being elected to be president...I'm sure you've had to lie and backstab and neglect people who need your help the most.

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    RELIGION IS A LIE IN SOME WAYS, BUT IT DOES HELP PPL OUT TOO. I MUST AGREE W/ KENTE I REGISTERED 2 VOTE BUT IM DEBATING WETHER I WILL OR NOT, JAMES U MADE A GREat point in another thread ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT APPOINTEES. BUT STILL KERRY IS JUST A RICH CRAKA,HE PROBABLY SNORTS COKE W/ BUSH WHEN THE CAMERas are not around.

BOTH MEN R MEMBERS OF THE SKULL AND BONES I MEAN NOTHING WILL CHANGE EITHER WAY I AM SERIOUSLY DEBATING WETHER I WILL VOTE OR NOT.

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i'm smart enough to vote and you are not.
    that is what makes me think i know more than you do.

10. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    It's too late.

Whether you know it not religion is all ready a part of politics. All presidents are masons (illuminati). The country was founded on protestant christian values. We are in the midst of a Jihad. Nothing happens by coincedence. God is the architect of all events. I will not go it depth on this subject as far as my religious conviction but I can tell you this whether you agree or not our current President is following biblical phophecy or trying to delay it whether he knows it our not. As a christian I'm torn and pray for the right choice. Kente you should post this question in the "spirituality forum" so that we may examine what is going on the world from a spiritual perspective. This is not the right forum to delve deeply into this question like it deserves.

Peace

Radical Faith