Black Relationships : Should Men Pay For Dates?

1. Please explain what these feminine & masculine energy concepts are? From your statements, I get the impression that you feel "feminine energy" has greater worth than "masculine energy". .

2. Does your last statement about risks being all hers in a marriage consider marriage laws? I am pretty sure that many men of substance that have moderate to considerable resources would disagree with you on the risks being all the woman's.

Also, on feminine energies vs masculine energies, imo.... Feminine energy is that thing that compels women to beautify the home and everything around her, including her man. Masculine energy is that thing that compels men to fix things, provide and protect. One is not greater than the other. They compliment each other.

Go to a bachelors pad and you can usually notice right off the bat that it lacks a "woman's touch". (no décor, mix match furniture)

Go to a bachelorettes pad and you can usually notice right off the bat that it lacks a "man's touch" (broken fixtures, (etc.)

Also, on feminine energies vs masculine energies, imo.... Feminine energy is that thing that compels women to beautify the home and everything around her, including her man. Masculine energy is that thing that compels men to fix things, provide and protect. One is not greater than the other. They compliment each other.

Go to a bachelors pad and you can usually notice right off the bat that it lacks a "woman's touch". (no décor, mix match furniture)

Go to a bachelorettes pad and you can usually notice right off the bat that it lacks a "man's touch" (broken fixtures, (etc.)

From your examples, I get the impression that many women of later generations lack feminine energy these days an vice versa for men. Heck, even in my generation this was evident since many females I knew in college 25 years ago could not cook a decent meal to save their lives. None of these changes are that bad when you have the resources to purchase the goods and services you need. She may not be able to cook a meal, but she can afford to have a decent one prepared by a Chef. He may not be able to repair plumbing and electrical fixtures, but he can afford to pay a person who does have the training to perform such services. I realize that what you have defined were not even on my list of important things I sought from a woman. Everything you mentioned and implied I could do for myself or pay someone to do for me.

Also, would you be willing to answer my second question?

From your examples, I get the impression that many women of later generations lack feminine energy these days an vice versa for men. Heck, even in my generation this was evident since many females I knew in college 25 years ago could not cook a decent meal to save their lives. None of these changes are that bad when you have the resources to purchase the goods and services you need. She may not be able to cook a meal, but she can afford to have a decent one prepared by a Chef. He may not be able to repair plumbing and electrical fixtures, but he can afford to pay a person who does have the training to perform such services. I realize that what you have defined were not even on my list of important things I sought from a woman. Everything you mentioned and implied I could do for myself or pay someone to do for me.

I am sure there are better examples. I just rambled those off the top of my head.

Did you read post #200? I think I answered your question there. Anyway, the part that I think you are looking for I addressed as:

"No, I was not addressing divorce court, if that is what you are driving at. I was speaking of responsibilities of keeping house, bearing children, and raising them within a marriage."

I wrote a lot more. Go back and read it. If that doesn't answer your question, rephrase it and I will try again

I think if I had to break it down to the most common denominator, I might go with evolutionary psychology. Women, usually make a house a home, to the best of her ability. Of course there will always be exceptions. Women beautify things around her, including herself and her man. I posted this already.

Men tend to fix things, protect and provide in their home, to the best of their ability.

Yes, with women having to work in order to adapt to the differences in todays economy, we are not always able to be our true selves anymore. But, I think that many men and women would prefer the old ways, if they could choose.

I think if I had to break it down to the most common denominator, I might go with evolutionary psychology. Women, usually make a house a home, to the best of her ability. Of course there will always be exceptions. Women beautify things around her, including herself and her man. I posted this already.

Men tend to fix things, protect and provide in their home, to the best of their ability.

Yes, with women having to work in order to adapt to the differences in todays economy, we are not always able to be our true selves anymore. But, I think that many men and women would prefer the old ways, if they could choose.

Nothing of what you have mentioned that you feel women supply are significantly important in my opinion. All of that can be easily acquired through the purchase of goods and services. Want your home to look a certain way, hire a home decorator. Want your clothing to look great on you, go to a reputable tailor. Want your appliances installed or fixed, purchase the service. The only two things on your list that can not be easily purchased are protect and provide (though protection can be purchased once you have significant financial resources).

Really, having any of those items mentioned above as being important to a relationship seems quite shallow to me. I may be wrong, but I get the impression that much of what you consider important about what feminine energy can supply can be easily purchased with money. What can be supplied by masculine energy can also easily be acquired with money or done for ones-self. Can you supply some deeper less easily acquired through financial means explanation for what those two energies you have mentioned can supply to each other?

I can give you a short list of the things I find important.

1. Emotional, Physical, and Intellectual support for each other. Help keep each other focused on our goals. To be cheerleaders, counselors, helpmates, and lovers to each other.

2. A shared vision of parenting to help raise children into well adjusted adults.

3. A desire to grow together in knowledge about each other and the rest of reality. (Talking, Playing, Traveling, Experiencing life)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back