Black Relationships : Should Men Pay For Dates?

12 Ways to Spot a Misogynist

Men who hate women may not consciously realize it. But their actions reveal them

shutterstock_107158634.jpg

The misogynists. You may have heard of them. But what you may not realize is that they can be anywhere around you. They are notoriously hard to spot. They do not come with a label attached, and they may even come across as pro-woman.

In most cases, misogynists do not even know that they hate women. Misogyny is typically an unconscious hatred that men form early in life, often as a result of a trauma involving a female figure they trusted. An abusive or negligent mother, sister, teacher or girlfriend can plant a seed deep down in their brain’s subcortical matter.

Once planted, this seed will germinate and begin to grow, the tiny root working its way into the fear processing and memory areas of the brain as its tiny stem works its way into frontal areas of the brain, affecting emotion and rational decision-making.

The first signs of misogyny are barely noticeable, but with additional exposure to neglect, abuse, or lack of treatment, this behavioral seeding will grow larger and more prominent. But even when the misogyny reaches maturity and the tendency toward acting with hatred toward women can no longer be controlled, the misogynist and the women around him will often fail to notice the condition until it’s too late.

The following traits are typical of the misogynist:

....9. On a date, he will treat a woman the opposite of how she prefers. If she is an old-style lady who prefers a "gentleman" who holds the door for her, orders for both and pays for the meal, he will treat her like one of his male buddies, order for himself, and let her pay for the whole meal if she offers (and sometimes even if she doesn’t). If she is a more independent type who prefers to order her own meal and pay for herself, he will rudely order for both and pay the check while she goes to the bathroom.

Read more

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mysteries-love/201502/12-ways-spot-misogynist

What I have done is ask the guys I was with if they would take me certain places... Does that count? Or for gifts I would buy tickets to concerts or other events.

And, the guy that I mentioned... I asked him to take me out, but he always paid.

*smile*
I have had women that I paid for everything, but that was my choice not obligation.
I'm almost ok with this Shaka. What if she never asks you out, though?
Either she's cheap, playing games or has issues with relationships. If she's fine I might play along awhile, then bounce.

I have had women that I paid for everything, but that was my choice not obligation.

Either she's cheap, playing games or has issues with relationships. If she's fine I might play along awhile, then bounce.

Has a woman ever offered and you turned her down, and paid anyway? I have had that experience. If I want something really expensive, I always offer to pay for it. But, I have never dated anyone I didn't get to know first. If nothing else through telephone conversations. And, I was never big on the dating scene. You know, just dating for the hell of it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back