Black Relationships : Should Men Pay For Dates?

If he cared enough about her to want to date her, he should have paid. If he was short on cash, there are a number of inexpensive dates he could have taken her on. But, the fact was he was being stingy, he had plenty of money. He put himself in the "dreaded friend zone". There will be a guy who will take her out and treat her like a lady one day.

It depends on who asks. Today sisters are very aggressive. You don't get to ask me out and not be obligated to pay. You also don't get to dictate where I take you. So James counter question is quite valid.

I agree with this. Women shouldn't be asking men out on dates in the first place.

No. That would be prostitution. But, I remember one time I found out my son took his girlfriend out "dutch", I was furious!

*smile*
It isn't uncommon for a woman to prefer dutch when going out. If it isn't dutch, offering to pay for a portion of the date. Food is intimate. Eating together is intimate as well. Going dutch is a good way to get to know someone, it takes the edge off any expectations. Invite out to dine. No expectations, in intent, or mind. Let it flow, and unfold.

images

Peace!

I knew this would come up... Are you calling me a gold digger? What I have found most interesting is the brothers who squeal "Gold Digger" the loudest, NEVER have any GOLD.

See, we are talking about dinner and a movie type stuff. I could see it if a sister was asking for a sports car and a penthouse.

You guys are just stingy. There is nothing charming, romantic, or attractive about a guy freezing up over buying a meal.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back