Black Relationships : Should Men Pay For Dates?

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
**** sista! is that what you are used to, or gone through. I'm so sorry. Real Black MEN don't act like that. I have been married to the same woman over 25 years (dated her for 2 years). My wife may have worked a 9-5 for 5 of those years. We ran a business together for 10 years. I do 85 % of the cooking. We watch all sports together. We like the same stuff. We did it like that.
No, I didn't go through that. I was a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), but most sisters aren't. But, being a SAHM meant we didn't share many household chores, it was mostly on me, like the finances were on him, generally. But, I still had more to risk than he did. Especially, because I risked my career for 7 years. Took responsibility for bearing and raising our child, and all that goes with that.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
**** sista! is that what you are used to, or gone through. I'm so sorry. Real Black MEN don't act like that. I have been married to the same woman over 25 years (dated her for 2 years). My wife may have worked a 9-5 for 5 of those years. We ran a business together for 10 years. I do 85 % of the cooking. We watch all sports together. We like the same stuff. We did it like that.
No, I didn't go through that. I was a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), but most sisters aren't. But, being a SAHM meant we didn't share many household chores, it was mostly on me, like the finances were on him, generally. But, I still had more to risk than he did. Especially, because I risked my career for 7 years. And took responsibility for bearing and raising our child, and all that came with that.

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
No, I didn't go through that. I was a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom), but most sisters aren't. But, being a SAHM meant we didn't share many household chores, it was mostly on me, like the finances were on him, generally. But, I still had more to risk than he did. Especially, because I risked my career for 7 years. And took responsibility for bearing and raising our child, and all that came with that.
It seems you are taking your own impressions of feeling you risked more in a previous relationship and then generalizing it across all relationships.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
1. Please explain what these feminine & masculine energy concepts are? From your statements, I get the impression that you feel "feminine energy" has greater worth than "masculine energy".

2. Does your last statement about risks being all hers in a marriage consider marriage laws? I am pretty sure that many men of substance that have moderate to considerable resources would disagree with you on the risks being all the woman's.
I am not sure why you got the impression that I feel feminine energies have greater worth than masculine energies. I am simply stating that women are different that men, they always have been and are hardwired as such. Men are typically hunters and gatherers, while women are more domestic. Ideally they work insync.

Though men and women can survive, and thrive, without each other, it is common for them to appreciate the energies of their counterparts. For instance, I have a phobia of insects. I appreciate having a man around if a spider is in my home. Likewise, my man will not die of starvation without me, but he appreciates that he can count on me to prepare meals. That is just a basic example off the top of my head. There are a million as such.

No, I was not addressing divorce court, if that is what you are driving at. I was speaking of responsibilities of keeping house, bearing children, and raising them within a marriage.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
It seems you are taking your own impressions of feeling you risked more in a previous relationship and then generalizing it across all relationships.

Not at all. In fact, without going into details, I came out better than most women I know. Most women do/did what I did AND worked 40 hours a week.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: