Black People : SHOULD MEN COMING OUT OF JAIL BE SUBJECT TO HIV/AIDS TEST B4 ENTERING SOCIETY?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PoeticManifesta, Jul 5, 2005.

1. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    This thread was spawned from the thread in the Brothers forum, stating that "50% of Men who have sex with men, have hiv/AIDS"... now question.. There are constantly men coming in and out of jail... after having voluntary/involuntary sex with other males.. which they may or may not admit to. Should they be subject to HIV/Aids tests.. as well as any other non cureable std tests before re-entering society? I dont know if this is currently in practice, but ive never herard of it being done... so.. what do yall think?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I've never been to prison (and don't plan on going); however, I'm pretty sure that people are given HIV/AIDS tests in jail. However, I know the primary purpose of this question is protection of women that these brothers might become involved with. In that case, I don't think women should wait on state/federal mandated HIV test. Any women who is sexually involved with a man should request STD test on her own...why wouldn't she?

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i don't think you can give a person a test unless they agree.
    what would be done with the test results?
    do you plan on branding a scarlet "A" on their foreheads?

let the buyer beware!

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    It wouldn't make a difference, because those HIV/ AIDS tests don't tell you anything.

5. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Very tru as a second precauction.. but i do think that the money that we will spend trying to cure this devilish desease.... and treat those with it will amount to more.. than if we just say hey.. you have aids.. knowing that they will go back to the 5x5 hell they just came from mite make a difference.. its a public health threat.. never the less.. the government exists last time I checked "For the people, by the people.. to protect and serve" Id pay the extra 2 pennies.. in tax money to know that there is an extra precauction being taken.. to not only protect the people.. but the peoples children. Im just trying to eliminate the 3rd party innocent.. u know.. the person who lives by the rules that govern... but her husband had sex with the lady that had sex with the inmate, 3 years ago.. prior their engagement.. and developed hiv two months after.. his test.. only to find out a year later when shes preg. that both her and her fetus.. has aids.. they are who im tryign to protect..

6. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    I think it should at least be offered...if not made
    mandatory since the prison system fails to protect these men
    from being raped and they may be HIV or othewise infected and not know it...
    The real solution would be to enact policies to prevent these guys
    from being victimized like that in the first place... it's [email protected] dispicable !
    Nobody deserves that

7. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Like James said, how will these men be identified? I aree with Pan also, It should be part of our culture to request an hiv/aids test from some one you're about to have sex with. Unfortunately it should have been started a long time ago instead of now that hiv/aids have reached epidemic status.

8. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Men that are not doing a long time in prison, shouldn't be housed with men who are. That's probably the best way to protect them. You won't find many men that are only doing a five year bid or less wanting to rape or have consentual sex with another man (unless he was doing it before he went in). Hard timers on the other hand (ten and up) probably can't be helped, many become "prison gays" at that point and are deeply involved in the prison domination culture. It's just an unfortunate part of prison life.

That's my "BIG" opinion.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    let the buyer beware........

you had best know what you are doing and who you are with before you spread your legs.
    as it always has been it is more so now.
    a test means nothing.
    get to know your partner.

that square guy who didn't get too much stuff is looking better and better nowadays isn't he ladies?

10. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    lIKE THE SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY (VIRGINIA HAS ONE.. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF THE STATES) THERE SHOULD BE A WAY OF RUNNING A PERSONS **PERSONAL CODE** IN AN ONLINE DATABASE.. TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ANY CURRENT STD'S.... THAT WAY THEY CANT CALL OUT DISCRIMINATION.. CAUSE EVERYONE WILL HAVE A PERSONAL CODE.. YOUR RECORD WILL EITHERBE CLEAN OR.. DIRTY.. SO.. WHAT YALL THINK OF THAT.. I BET IT WILL HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF MANY DESEASES.. JUST THINK.. YOU CAN ACCESS THE PROGRAM WITH YOUR CELL PHONE... :wink: .... AND SINCE THERE ARE MANY SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED EPIDEMICS.. ID URGE THAT THE GOVERNMENT MAKE A RULING TO HAVE AN EXAM 2X A YEAR.. FOR THOSE WHO CONTRACT FOR THE NEXT EYAR.. AND ONCE FOR THOSE WHO REMAIN CLEAN.. OR FINES WILL BE IMPOSED.... GOVERNMENT IM MY STATE JUST MADE IT A LAW THAT BEFORE ENTERING KINDARGARTEN... CHILDREN MUST HAVE A DENTAL EXAM... WHY NOT MANDATE A STD SCREENING.. IF ITS A MATTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH.