should i tell him the truth?

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by shyberry379, Sep 17, 2005.

1. shyberry379

shyberry379 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hey destee!!

well im in a relationship with a boy thats 3 years older than me(im 15 he 18) and we love each other already. I lied to him about my age. I told him i was 15 when we first met, my birthday was september 5th and i told him i was turning 16.I want to tell him the truth but then he gonna break up with me and not talk to me no more. DO I TELL HIM?? Im thinkin if i dont tell him myself someone else is gonna tell him

Like a couple week ago my friend told me how he messin with this girl that go to his church. I asked him about it, he was like u remeber when i told u about that girl i was goin with for four years, thats he and we dont talk no more. THATS WHAT HE SAID. I believe him beacuse i love him.

WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

please give me some advice.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Sister Shyberry ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

Sister Sister Sister ... if there is any advice i can give you, it is to not be so worried about boys right now. I know you're probably saying, "That's easy for you to say Destee, you're old!" :) But it's true.

You are only 15 years old, and there is sooooooooooooo much time ahead of you for boys ... but there is not a whole bunch of time ahead of you, for gaining full and complete control of your 15 year old studies, and the steps that must be taken during this time, to get where you're going academically.

I'd say wait until you're in your senior year of high school, before letting boys be the focus of your life. It's not that far off! Wait until you have the grades secured, through study and hard work, that will get you into the college or university of your choice.

This time is so important, as it relates to laying the foundation of your life. Boys should really not be a part of that foundation, at this point. Right now, it's all about you and your studies.

What kind of grades are you getting in school?

What college do you hope to attend?

What will be your major when you get there?

What is the SAT and ACT ... have you begun thinking about them yet?

These are the questions i'd rather see on your mind ... and not some boy question.

In spite of this, i know boys will be a part of the equation, no matter how much i want them not to be!

So ... to answer your question ... :) ...

I think you should tell the truth. You should always tell the truth, no matter what. This speaks to the kind of person you are, and want to be. You cannot be an honest person, if you tell lies. You cannot be a person of high character and integrity, if you decieve people. So the question is, what type of person do you want to be? I believe this will give you the answer you're seeking.

The fact that you started the friendship / relationship off with a lie, means that it is built on lies. Can anything built on lies stand? Not for very long.

Thanks for joining us Sister, and please make yourself at home, because you are.

:heart:

Destee

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    first, tell me what your GPA is...........

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey sister

Tell him the truth. Put yourself in his shoes. How would you feel if he lied to you about something? You are still so very young and you don't want to develope the habbit of lying in relationships. Being honest gives you the satisfaction of knowing you have gone into a relationship with nothing less than the WHOLE truth. So tell him and explain to him why you lied. From there, start over with the right foot of "truth" and you will be fine.
    Good Luck!

5. miss-no-love

miss-no-love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    What up lil sis, first of all let me tell you that you are too young to talk about love....you are only 15yrs old you got ya whole life to fall in love with someone. He could be tellin' you the truth about him not talking to that girl but you don't be with him everyday so you don't know what is goin' on Just follow ya heart and don't let no boy walk over you. You are a smart pretty girl and if you do know he is "Playin" you leave him cause you can find beter and you should be puttin' ya education first anyway........lOVE yOU

6. lil folks

lil folks New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hello, iam in the same bout as u but i told this boy my real age and he cool with it so i think if this boy really like you then he wont really care bout what age u is but if yall end up having sex dont let any of yo friends know because if an adult or police find out he can go to jail.

7. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Wow, I would tell him if I were you. If he really likes you, then he will still like you after this. There was this 13 year old girl that I liked, I was 16 years old at the time, she lied and told me that she was going on 15. I found out about it through one of her friends and in actuality the girl was telling the truth. Want to know how?

Assuming that their is a positive eventuality to all things and that things are actually promised, this makes perfect sense. If tommorrow is mine, then I could very well say that I'm going on 29 years of age when in actuality I'm only 19 to this date. That is exactly how the girl told me when I confronted her about her lie. Point is, people often play games. I will admit that I stopped talking to the girl really soon after, but it had nothing to do with that lie.

Just tell him.