Black People : Should I stand up for my rights or kiss white *** to get by

04rskyers

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 16, 2010
Brothers and sisters am i lost and i don't know what to do.
I am 17 years old living in London going to college getting ready to go university next year.

The situation is that in college we have morning and evening registrations, and in those registrations we have presentations.

I have been here a year and a half, and everyday we watch clips on how poor Africa is, how Crime is high, disease every where, children starving, basically always making Black people look like charity cases.

Now I grew in jamaica and my friend grew up in nigeria and we already know this isn't true and we are trying.

We asked why do you always make us look like all we want is charity, and we are dependent on european intervention. why can't you show people such as garvey, ken sawo wiwa, bob marley, fela kuti. People in our countries that sacrificed themselves for us, show our peoples culture and traditons, and how there are people like us trying to make a difference.

Instead they tell us to shut up, and how ungrateful we are, how we don't know anything, how their educating us about us our people and how we think were better than people in Afrika, thats why we don't wana hear it.

they don't even wana give us black history month.

And now their trying to kick us out, bring our parents in saying that were ungrateful in trying to challenge the system which "apparently" is taking care of us.

i don't whether i should give up and kiss her *** to get to university or try prove my point and risk getting kicked out.
what should i do?
:10500:

Brothers and sisters am i lost and i don't know what to do.
I am 17 years old living in London going to college getting ready to go university next year.

The situation is that in college we have morning and evening registrations, and in those registrations we have presentations.

I have been here a year and a half, and everyday we watch clips on how poor Africa is, how Crime is high, disease every where, children starving, basically always making Black people look like charity cases.

Now I grew in jamaica and my friend grew up in nigeria and we already know this isn't true and we are trying.

We asked why do you always make us look like all we want is charity, and we are dependent on european intervention. why can't you show people such as garvey, ken sawo wiwa, bob marley, fela kuti. People in our countries that sacrificed themselves for us, show our peoples culture and traditons, and how there are people like us trying to make a difference.

Instead they tell us to shut up, and how ungrateful we are, how we don't know anything, how their educating us about us our people and how we think were better than people in Afrika, thats why we don't wana hear it.

they don't even wana give us black history month.

And now their trying to kick us out, bring our parents in saying that were ungrateful in trying to challenge the system which "apparently" is taking care of us.

i don't whether i should give up and kiss her *** to get to university or try prove my point and risk getting kicked out.
what should i do?
:10500:

Something seems trollish about this post. Amnat77, are you out there? You have any insights on this post? SofiA, you know anything about this?

Evening and morning "registrations"...is that simply registering for school or classes? If so, why are they giving presentations on Africa during registrations?? If it's an actual class what are they following a textbook or curriculum?

Are you challenging the textbooks or curriculum used, or is this some teacher spouting off their opinion without supporting curriculum or textbooks?

What rights are you talking about standing up for? Or are you referring to standing up for what you believe to be the truth as opposed to what you believe that they are presenting to be a lie?

Now, here is an antagonistic type of question, but it begs to be asked...at least it spikes my couriousity. If Nigeria and Jamaica are not the negative places you are being told that they are, why did your families choose to go to London rather than remain in those countries so that you would not have to endure such treatment.

I was puzzled when I read this at first. We definitely had morning and afternoon registration, but not evening ones cause we were on our way home by mid-afternoon. Why are they just concentrating on Africa in these presentations? - like in the whole time I was in the 6th form we maybe had like two or three presentations about Africa and charity. What the teachers are saying is such totally blatant racism - in 'MY' experience any racism from teachers tends to be a bit more subtle, at least in state schools. Is this like some private language college or something? Cause I've never heard of anyone being expelled from a comp or an academy for being ungrateful???

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back