Black Teenagers : should I let this slide??

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by shyberry379, Jan 19, 2006.

1. shyberry379

shyberry379 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hey destee, i need some advice....

Well the other day i got jumped by 3 girls my age and one of the girls mother. My friend was there and from what i here she didnt help me and all she was doin was yellin and tellin the girls to get off me. I was unconscious for 5 minutes and i dont really remember what happened. Alot of people told me she didnt do anything but she told me she was fighting the girls mother. I want to believe her and be friends again but if she did let me get jumped then im done with her. We been friends since the 7th grade, I call her my sister. So should I just put this behind us and be cool with her again or not be her friend again?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hi Shyberry ... i'm so sorry to hear that you were jumped by anyone. What does your parents say? Did your Mother go and talk to them about this? Did anyone call the police? You don't have to be assaulted by anyone. That is wrong. They are wrong. You are a child and someone is responsible for your safety and well-being. Where are they? Tell them what happened. I'm no lawyer or anything, but what they did to you is against the law. They can be prosecuted. You could be awarded damages. You should not have to endure this kind of torture.

Now, when it comes to the friend, i don't know Sister. You're getting mixed stories, but if she's been your friend for so long, i'd trust my friend before i trusted the others.

Bottomline, it's not your friend's responsibility to keep you safe. It is your parents, school officials, (adults), etc., and it is them you should question. If you're a teenager, someone should be protecting you.

Tell your Mom and Dad, i'm sure they will do something to insure your safety.

Love You.

:heart:

Destee

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

First of all, if one of the girl's mother was involved, you need to get her arrested for assault, because no parent is supposed to be fighting a child. Take your friend with you as a witness and press charges. Tell your parents what happened and have them go with you.

As far as your friend goes, I would believe her until you know otherwise. She might have had your back when all of this went down, but if you find out that she let you go 1 on 4, get rid or her. I don't agree that friends are not supposed to protect eachother, especially if you're down to have their back if the tables were turned. If they can't even do that then they're not friends, they are associates.

But make sure you go to press charges soon, because I'm not sure how long you should wait to speak up. Make sure you tell your parents what happened, and take pictures if you have bruises or cuts. Make sure you take them soon while they're still fresh. Then sue her @ss......I mean butt (this is the teenage forum for heaven's sake).

And remember, never let anything slide. If it's serious enough to piss you off, don't let it slide.

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    The same thing happened to my baby sister:maddd:
    5 girls jumped on her and she's a diabetic.
    The girl that was her friend and a friend of the family ran in the house!
    Report everybody that jumped on you to the police! Then give your friend some air so you can figure out if she's a true friend.
    I'm sorry this happened to you boo:kiss1: :kiss1:

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Anybody know how this turned out.......I do have one quick piece of advice though...if your homegirl was there and she watched you get on ...then turn her go.......she ain't ya people ....I be dammed if my folk get into a tussle and I'm not in there.....Friends, Family it's all the same to me...touch them you touch me....and Red has been known to freely exchange emotions with folks ........

MississippiRed

6. TruelySpeaking

TruelySpeaking New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hey what's up with you?I hope you're okay. look, i was in the same situation. i was walkin home April 16th. 10 days before my birthday. i was wit one of my gurlz and she had mah back fo whuteva.then these 4 gurls pulled up next to us while we were walkin. one girl that i already fought rolled her window down and asked me about her ex-boyfriend comin to my house and i told her he did but i didn't let him come in because i don't talk to him like that. so i walked off and then they kept followin us. me bein tha person i am i called my mom but she didn't answer the phone so me and my friend kept walkin we got about a block and a half away from my house and 3 of the girls got out the car. funny thing is that i was supposed to friends with them they're all sisters. so the got out the car and i started to fight two of them and then the oldest sister who i have classes with jumped in. they stumped me and things like that and my "friend" finally pulled them off of me and i got up and kept walkin home. I don't talk to her anymore because if she was really "my friend" then i would never have to fight 3 people by myself. so what I'm sayin is you can still talk to her but if you go somewhere don't go with just her because she is not goin to have your back and she ain't gonna be there when **** hit's tha fan. but stay strong...

7. miss-no-love

miss-no-love Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Now you know I know what really happend cause you are my real sis but I feel that you need to let her go and I already told you. She is supposed to be ya bestfriend and she left you hangin'. That's not cool. What if somethin' like this happend again, you and I both knonw that she will not help. Leave her alone sis!! I love you!!!!:thinking:

8. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I hope all thier asZes is locked up...
    truly...
    When grown *** women and thier kids beat up a child.. thats bout crooked as heck.

9. Stabane-afrolez

Stabane-afrolez Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry that happened to you. try to get those bullies including the mother reported.

as for your friend, mmm hard one. yu been friends long. and sometimes when in that situation fightin wit so many people...yu don't know *** toreact n get confused. she did scram for attention....give her a chance