Black Education / Schools : Should College Education Be Free?

Should College Education Be Free?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our country is losing traction badly compared to other countries. We have fallen so far behind. We re among the dumbest actions. So, offering free University education is no just for the good of the individual, it s also for the good of the nation.

Look at the nations listed! Once again the world standard is the YT man, of course they had to acknowledge Japan, who believe in school as a "supplement" to self disciplined learning not the only source for knowledge. Not to say we don't need to be educated, but you can believe it will only be what you are allowed to learn until you take the initiative yourself. There are people who couldn't wait to get out of HS, haven't opened a book since and won't go to college if it was poured on them! Sadly they are setting the same example for their children....this nations future.

Look at the nations listed! Once again the world standard is the YT man, of course they had to acknowledge Japan, who believe in school as a "supplement" to self disciplined learning not the only source for knowledge. Not to say we don't need to be educated, but you can believe it will only be what you are allowed to learn until you take the initiative yourself. There are people who couldn't wait to get out of HS, haven't opened a book since and won't go to college if it was poured on them! Sadly they are setting the same example for their children....this nations future.

ITA

It is just as important, if not more, to educate yourself, as it is to get a University education. Universities mis-educate and perpetuate his story. I read a lot of what interests me, not what most people are interested in.

Some people are able to establish great careers without the credibility a degree from a prestigious institution provides. That's the road less traveled. With the cost of tuition gettīng so high, we may see more that. My son is graduating next Spring.

Education should be free but schools should not be doing things to make it more expensive than necessary. High school graduates in some other countries are better educated than some college graduates here. The education is a business is a racket.

We should have had a National Recommended Reading List decades ago. Maybe 50, one for each state. Start reading the right books in grade school and keep it up and some college graduates seem silly.

But we have this issue of "molding children's minds" and who decides what mold to use. There are a lot of dumb Black people that want to tell others what being Black is. But how many Blacks know what a Maxim gun is and what is has to do with the First Battle of Matabele?

Talking about Black power without knowing technology is complete nonsense.

umbra

As far as reading lists go, I'm not sure about a national reading list, but I do know California has a state reading list organized by grade level and there are excellent reads there. The list used to be available for teachers especially to use alongside the curriculum but they don't really use it anymore. It still exists though. You can google it for your state.

As far as reading lists go, I'm not sure about a national reading list, but I do know California has a state reading list organized by grade level and there are excellent reads there. The list used to be available for teachers especially to use alongside the curriculum but they don't really use it anymore. It still exists though. You can google it for your state.

Then you can "Challenge the Class", but you would still have to pay up to get the credits, right?

I see the value in having knowledge without needing a degree to prove yourself. The first millionaire I ever met was a brother who only had an A.S. degree in Accounting. But, he studied Accounting on his own and passed the CPA exam the first time. Usually one would get their Bachelors and Masters first and still might flunk the first time.

And, especially computer geeks are notorious for being self taught. But, it's the road less traveled because you have to convince people of your talents while having a degree from whatever school, proves what you were taught and theoretically what level, too.

And, especially computer geeks are notorious for being self taught. But, it's the road less traveled because you have to convince people of your talents while having a degree from whatever school, proves what you were taught and theoretically what level, too.

Only that's the problem. A degree guarantees nothing! I have done work on LIVEPERSON for people who are willing to pay to get their college work done. Especially foreigners! They just look good on paper. Everyone has worked for some company who hires a manager over you who knows diddly about running a business, but has a degree! I much rather do business with someone who has proven work and references than a degree and no experience or a man and his son than a corporate flunky. As you say, it really comes down to the people you are doing business with and what credentials they will accept.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back