Black People : Should Black People Leave America?

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Ever since we arrived in this country there have been conversations about our leaving. Movements, threats, cajoling, incentives, and every manner of effort by Blacks and Whites alike, from Paul Cuffee to Marcus Garvey, and from James Monroe to Abe Lincoln, have been discussed and, in same cases, implemented to get Black people out of this country. While there have been several prominent Black people who have left, there has been no mass exodus by Black people since Liberia, the 1967 move to Africa by the African Hebrew Israelites notwithstanding.

In light of all that has happened to black people in this country, in addition to what is occurring now in the new millennium, should Black people seriously consider leaving America? We have been here since the beginning, contributed more than anyone else to the foundational wealth of this country, sacrificed more than any one else for this country, and yet we are still treated like the “three-fifths” they called us when they wrote their Constitution. Should we now walk away?
There comes a time in the lives of most people when they can no longer take seeing their people being left out, marginalized, mistreated, abused, and murdered. They simply throw their hands up, pack up, and leave. Although many have followed the examples of Black musicians and artists, and other brothers and sisters who simply yearned to “breath free,” as the inscription on the Statue of Liberty says, let’s look at two Black men. Those men are W.E.B. DuBois and Randall Robinson.
After ninety-five years of the most courageous unflagging devotion to Black freedom witnessed in the 20th century, W.E.B. DuBois not only left America for Africa but concluded: “I cannot take anymore of this country’s treatment. We leave for Ghana October 5th and I set no date for return… Chin up, and fight on, but realize that American Negroes can’t win.” (An excerpt from The Future of the Race, by Louis Gates and Cornell West.)

In Amitabh Pal’s recent interview of Randall Robinson, an eerie similarity to DuBois’ words and thoughts came forth from Robinson as he explained his reason for “Quitting America,” also the title of his latest book, “I was really worn down by an American society that is racist, smugly blind to it, and hugely self-satisfied. I wanted to live in a place where that wasn’t always a distorting weight. Black people in America have to, for their own protection, develop a defense mechanism, and I just grew terribly tired of it. When you sustain that kind of affront, and sustain it and sustain it and sustain it, something happens to you. You try to steer a course in American society that’s not self-destructive. But America is a county that inflicts injury. It does not like to see anything that comes in response, and accuses one of anger as if it were an unnatural response. For anyone who
is not white in America, the affronts are virtually across the board.”

Looks like these two brothers just got fed up with the nonsense and the “struggle” as we love to call it. Looks like they just made up their minds to pursue something better than the American status quo. Looks like they decided that life was too precious to spend any more time waiting for White folks to change this corrupt, disparate, one-sided system in which we live. Looks like these brothers finally got the message. Have we gotten the message?

Before you attribute this article as a call for Black people to move out of the U.S., let me make it clear that I am not advocating such an action, but I certainly understand why it occurs. One day I may leave this country for good, but I am not saying all Black people should do so, nor am I saying we should stay here. I just want to use history, both old and recent, to stimulate thinking around what is happening to Black people in this country.

It’s not so much that DuBois left for Ghana; it’s what he said when he departed. It’s not so important that Robinson quit this country; it’s what caused him to quit. The rest of us who remain in this country must, first, see what is happening to our people, and then make up our minds, both individually and collectively, to do something about it. Those who choose to do

http://www.olivermcafee.com/clingman-B.htm

Greetings Keita I now see your post and it was mightily expressed. No other posts you've written and posted had this kind of affect upon my soul and very being. You asked a very soul stirring question, "Should Black people leave America? The answer in my heart is most certainly yes. I've already made plans to leave this God awful wasteland and look forward to watching it burn from across the ocean in Africa because burn it will. I'm not inciting any hatred nor violence when I say it will burn. But America will not heed the warning that left Rome burning and that is empire building is costly. But unlike Rome this country will not even rise up ever again because like Babylon it's sins of cruelty to God's creation are too much for God to forgive.

As far as African Americans most will never leave this country and you can't make them. If a meteor was coming down to land in the Midwest threatening to destroy the entire country African Americans wouldn't leave. There is something about love and hate relationships that are so toxically addictive. White Americans have shown African Americans no mercy, no quarter, pure barbarism and still continue to drive their foot up their backsides but African Americans love these filthy animals to death. They blame their love on Christ, God forgives all and love conquers all but really it's just they are mind programmed. Plus alot of African Americans are programmed to hate Africa that in and of itself means they have literally no place to go. No other race of nations on Earth is going to accept them and treat them as their own but African Americans think that this weird preacher taught love exists all over the Earth. But everywhere people are divided and warring with anybody different than them because not everybody is the same despite us all being human beings.

Africa is the only place in the world African Americans or African in diaspora who are tired of being singled out on the basis of their race can go and find peace. Being in Africa one can learn any language or culture or adjust to the situation in order to survive and thrive. Tribal disputes are nothing like racial disputes where someone wants to kill you from just looking at your different skin color or race. So African Americans need to learn that this abuse they are taking here doesn't exist at all in Africa. That's why Dubious and Robinson went there. In Africa people commit very serious crimes but are forgiven by the community because they are considered Africans and that is their home. In America African Americans especially the men are doomed with felonious criminal records, this criminalization is because this isn't considered our home and the White Americans simply hate our guts though they don't say it to our face like they used to. Racists white are made out to be stereotypically poor white trash White Americans but the affluent Whites who come from good homes are even more vicious, malicious and cruel as they become administrators of institutional power that wrecks havoc upon our whole community. But nobody ever talks about it like this they only paint poor whites who lack education and not being diverse as the real racist culprits. This is the lie of the United States of America it is the most corrupt country upon the Earth.

Yet all in all what do we do? I gave the solutions many times before that we must unite collectively all the Black nationalists. We must produce public funds for cultivating commercial farm lands on the continent of Africa and schools like the old Tuskegee Institute. This all must be set in place before the boat loads of us arrive so we must have an advance party to prepare the way. Also we must have a receptive country that would receive us and one that will go in partnership with us so that we can contribute to the upliftment of that nation and not be a burden. This is part of my recommendation so start thinking on how to draw out my ideas into a plan. I have one but I won't reveal it here on the net because it's not going to work on the internet. The secret police of this country create shells over parts of the internet and you would be thinking your posting on the worldwide web and you'll be posting into a shell or dummy site taken over by their computer hack masters. More later.

I know I'm going to take heat for saying this but I'm always cautious about the thought of leaving North America. Other continents have countries that always seem to be either too dangerous due to some war, civil war or extreme racism. North America may not be perfect but at least I know the way it works. If anyone has any statistics that living in Africa or South America or Europe or anywhere else is as safe or safer for African Americans to live, I'll consider it.

I know I'm going to take heat for saying this but I'm always cautious about the thought of leaving North America. Other continents have countries that always seem to be either too dangerous due to some war, civil war or extreme racism. North America may not be perfect but at least I know the way it works. If anyone has any statistics that living in Africa or South America or Europe or anywhere else is as safe or safer for African Americans to live, I'll consider it.

I'm not going to do the work for you. Find out which nation has the highest level of crime? The highest level of prisons and people locked up? The highest and most pervasive level of discrimination and racism going on? The highest level of corruption and so forth. Right now, without doing any research at all....I'm willing to bet you that the US tops that list! Right now I walk the streets rather easy because Canada don't have no "right to bear arms law" up here...as such, there are not really any guns here.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back