Black Spirituality Religion : should any spiritual leader b wealthy?

I need no defense... I haven't misused any currency...

I was speaking to their actions. You ask about charity as if to absolve them for having a lifestyle of materialism.

If you are foolish to give your money to the cause of one of them... its there fault. Plain and simple. The prosperity preachers gave them a message which they desperately sought, and in seeking this message, gave their monies to continue to hear this message... and now, the one providing this message is living well.. If they could use a helping hand, then its the fool in them for giving their hand away in the first place.

I agree...How can I, in good conscious give money to a man that clearly has more than me. You gets no argument from me, and nice point.

The world is not fair... never made to be fair... and will always remain unjust to some...

I know this question is naïve, and maybe foolish...but what is so hard with seeing these preachers for what they are?

As I said, you are blaming the predator from doing what is within their nature of their business instead of blaming the prey for falling for the simpleton trap set for them.
This morning was my last day relaxing with my spouse at Myrtle Beach before I hit the road again... and I woke up at 0400 and my eye caught a televangelist on BET which was giving Psalm 91 anointing oil which replenishes the spirit and all the mystical stuff for a donation... now I watched this skeptically, with hilarity in my heart and mind, and dismissed him... but then I thought... there is some imbecile with their fingers dialing that number to send in their donation for it...

My contempt is also in the knowledge that they are keeping many of us stagnated. They preach to not be about material things while they live a materialistic lifestyle. I have a friend who is trying to get his catering business going, all he need is offers. His church knows this, and the pastor has not even tried to help this brutha, but yet, he gives his time and money to them.

My point is, the church has no problem asking him for help, and money, but won't return the favor by giving him work. I really can't be mad at them because he still gives his time and money to them.

Do you think I should get emotional or better said... feel something because an idiot gives their riches away? A fool and his money will soon part...
Should I be angry or upset that these preachers are accumulating wealth? No, its not my faith so its not my place.. also, if those within that faith are falling for it, its their fault for their inherent weakness, for their desperation, for their illiterate interpretation, for their lack for vision to see the trap.
:toast:

Nope, and you're right. I just know people that are as smart as a whip outside of the church, but become idiots when it comes to church and not seeing the obvious.

Nice post!

Peace!

Blame those in your neighborhood for donating to the building fund of a church rather than the purchase of their neighborhood from those which fleece them.

I agree, and I also agree with brutha James because I've seen the same thing. I saw a pastor back in Chicago get use his power to get a park bench removed because the homeless slept on it from time to time. He didn't want his high profile church guest to see them. Now this bench was not in front of the church, it was across the street in the public park.

And it ticks me off because it is these same people that pass judgment on people like you and I if we don't live a "Christ like" life.

Peace!.

I was speaking to their actions. You ask about charity as if to absolve them for having a lifestyle of materialism.
In a way, charity will... If one which preaches the doctrines and also take action in reference to feeding the hungry, educating the ignorant, unify the people, or even be the catalyst of employment and financial gain in the community, then if they happen to still live a life which is materialistic, then there is a balance to it... but as we see now, there is no balance whatsoever. Or if they do take action, its done in a way which minimizes their financial obligation in order to primarily get the acclaim of doing said action.

I agree...How can I, in good conscious give money to a man that clearly has more than me. You gets no argument from me, and nice point.

I know this question is naïve, and maybe foolish...but what is so hard with seeing these preachers for what they are?
When one is hungry, its hard to question the being with the nourishment you hold. Back in the day after the debacle of Desert Storm, I moved away from Roman Catholicism because of what I seen on the field... there was a feeling that something was fundamentally wrong with my actions and worship while contrasting the worship and action of my enemy, the Somalia happened and I was fully falling into the abyss... well anyway, I was contacted out of the blue by a minister from another sect [7th Day Adventist] which heard my anguish and tailored a discussion for my conversion... which is what they do. In my desperation, I grasped it, took it, and converted.. now at that time, their methods of control, their way of spreading the word, their ways of gaining financial tribute was simply a way of spreading the gospel... but then you have questions. You see those around you, you hear those around you, you read the doctrine for yourself and ask the questions... now some people choose to accept the answers given, some don't... but while you are hungry and grasping, you only look for that way out of the abyss..

My contempt is also in the knowledge that they are keeping many of us stagnated. They preach to not be about material things while they live a materialistic lifestyle. I have a friend who is trying to get his catering business going, all he need is offers. His church knows this, and the pastor has not even tried to help this brutha, but yet, he gives his time and money to them.
My point is, the church has no problem asking him for help, and money, but won't return the favor by giving him work. I really can't be mad at them because he still gives his time and money to them.
Have your friend speak to the pastor as per a business proposition with a percentage going to the church... Churches function as a business which simply don't pay taxes and will never look down on a potential revenue stream. But remember to contract it... never take a handshake deal... with anyone.
But what is hard with preaching about material things and in reference to the Christ called Jesus... dude was superhuman... what did he actually need? If you heal the sick, then basically you can heal yourself. If you fed the masses with bread and fish from a finite source, then how hungry can you get? The trials of his superhumanity as a compliment to the horrors which god bestowed upon the Egyptians basically tell of actions not made by mortals... so while they preach their humble stock... their actions are much greater than what humans are able to do... so holding me to a standard which their actions are way past is a no go... but as Jesus preached balance, that is a doctrine which could be adhered... a 1:1 split in charity and wealth accumulation is all you need.

Nope, and you're right. I just know people that are as smart as a whip outside of the church, but become idiots when it comes to church and not seeing the obvious.

Nice post!

Peace!

Just remember, everyone has a blindspot... its simply easier to see those of ones which are not you. :balloon:

Have your friend speak to the pastor as per a business proposition with a percentage going to the church... Churches function as a business which simply don't pay taxes and will never look down on a potential revenue stream. But remember to contract it... never take a handshake deal... with anyone.
But what is hard with preaching about material things and in reference to the Christ called Jesus... dude was superhuman... what did he actually need? If you heal the sick, then basically you can heal yourself. If you fed the masses with bread and fish from a finite source, then how hungry can you get? The trials of his superhumanity as a compliment to the horrors which god bestowed upon the Egyptians basically tell of actions not made by mortals... so while they preach their humble stock... their actions are much greater than what humans are able to do... so holding me to a standard which their actions are way past is a no go... but as Jesus preached balance, that is a doctrine which could be adhered... a 1:1 split in charity and wealth accumulation is all you need.

Yes, I know he has, and I know the church knows what he is trying to do. The way I look at it is offer the brutha some business. Looking at what he has done for the church, and has given the church, clearly they can give without receiving. This church is not struggling for funds looking at the money they spend on trips,functions, etc. The pastor can use a few minutes on Sunday to say that the church is going to help the member by having a luncheon.

Just remember, everyone has a blindspot... its simply easier to see those of ones which are not you.

Ture...but this one is too big, and obvious to miss, and it's been pointed out.

Peace!

leader, iman, pastor, rabbi....whatever.

should ANY spiritual leader achieve great wealth from his following?
and by wealth i mean large house, private jet, luxury cars, etc.
should ANY spiritual leader achieve great wealth from his following?
and by wealth i mean large house, private jet, luxury cars, etc.[/QUOTE]

...materialism manifests negatively when leaders loose track of their mission. Leadership an Stewardship of any kind is work. It is one of the highest principles in West African Spiritual Philosophy that one should always require and get their
Ashe -Di.

...Ashe-di, is good pay for good work. In America a pastor has to weigh the balance of business, personal finance and worship. Most Churches I know of own things and the pastors are fairly, to very affluent. There is nothing saying that a Pastor cannot be wealthy. Doesn't the Bible guarantee you a ten fold return blessing from your tithe?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back