Black Spirituality Religion : should any spiritual leader b wealthy?

And Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.24"Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"…

Yeah ... i've read that verse ... it doesn't say the rich can't enter in ... :look:

Additionally ... not all preachers, spiritual leaders, etc., believe in Jesus and his words.

Leaving at least a couple of gaping holes in your argument ... if you're suggesting it's a bad thing to be rich.

Though i have no idea why i'm arguing about the rich, as poor as i am.

:heart:

Destee

Personally I don't see any issue with spiritual leaders charging for services or amassing wealth because others choose to fund them. It is their prerogative and the prerogative of those that pay them. We live in America and it takes money for us to live in this country. I have never seen a person go to the grocery store, fill their basket with food and leave out legally without paying for it. Same goes for electricity, gas and water. We can not expect those things to remain on without paying for them.

Everyone placing spiritual leaders on some pedestal and I think that is unfair. Spiritual guidance given by another is a luxury and we all know that we pay for luxuries. I think the charge of those preying on the masses to enrich themselves should be leveled more appropriately on the companies and the ultra wealthy administers of those companies that provide us life's necessities such as food, water, clothing and shelter. Of course, we can plant our own food, make our own clothes and build our own homes, but how many of us in this day and age can do these things efficiently enough to sustain life without any added burden?

Let's be real... spiritual guidance is not necessary for the basics of living. Maslow's hierarchy of needs does not place church or religious service at the base of the pyramid like real necessities. Religious belief and the accompanying services are more towards the apex of the pyramid close to self-actualization. Thus again it is a luxury and not a primal necessity for human base existence.

So therefore, the pastor, iman, rabbi or priest is not that far away from a doctor or lawyer... the only difference is that the latter's services are more tangible whereas the former's services are more intangible. They are all peddling services that although may be essential to a higher quality of life are not essential like breathing, drinking or eating. We can not exist longer than 3 minutes without breathing, longer than 48 hours without intaking H2O fluids or longer than 3 to 4 months without eating.

How long can we live without praying or reading the bible, without a routine health check if we are healthy, or without legal consultation?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back