Black People : Should American people of color be concerned with “Terrorism”?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by pfa1451usa, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Slavery, the Klan, Jim Crow, and Smallpox laced blankets, Tuskegee experiments, internment camps, etc. Is this really our issue?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The KKK were the "original" terrorist and Africa has been subjected to many violent Jihads from Arabs. Therefore terrorism is a concern for us. It may not be in terms of the US government's definition and focus, but it definately is a concern.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Any group that perpetuates violence, oppression or whatever is a terrorist. We do need to be aware of it and make a stand against it whenever we can.

4. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree, but don't you find it interesting?...

...that with the exception of our children on the ground there are neither pictures nor documentation of people of color being held hostage nor having their heads cut-off, no targeted sites with Black America involved?

I will never condone the violence nor violation of the sanctify of life, simply find it quite curious that we all have bought into the concept that "terrorism" is directed at us as well..

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Nope.

Remember when the Iraq war first started? Everyone was going crazy over how much of a hero Jessica Lynch was, a pretty think white girl who got captured by the Iraqis. Jessica got a book deal even out of it. But the black woman who was captured got nothing. I think she had to fight to even get her full disability payments from the military from one source I read!

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47

I saw a documentary that was done by an independent source(i do not remember the name though). Anyway,that woman Jessica Lynch, according to the source,was not even captured by terrorist.The source claims that she was saved by a group of Iraqi civilian doctors who even gave her blood.They showed the doctors on the documentary and one said:" Every time we tried to return her to the USA we got shot at, we really saved her and we do not get any credit."

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Someone being a "terrorist" depends on who's labeling that person. I mean, we (Americans in general) label Iraqis, Iranians and people of Afganistan terrorists, but in their own eyes they are freedom fighters. They are fighting someone that they consider "terrorists" in the American military. I also have notinced that most if not all of the people being beheaded are white. If there are others I haven't seen them, at least not any black folks. So as far as the wars that America is waging, I don't see those people as terrorists. I see them defending themselves. As far as history goes, I don't know because I wasn't around at that time. All I can do is rely on how history is interpreted and by whom it's interpreted, and we all know that's not credible. I feel throughout the years people had beef with other people for whatever reason. I've even heard some black historians argue that Hitler was justified in his attempt to kill all the Jews because Jewish people are immoral (especially in today's movies and television where they have a lot of control) and deserved to be killed. Some people labeled the Black Panthers terrorist, simply because the agenda of the Panthers didn't do anything to improve their standing in society. It's all about who's doing the labeling, especially if you don't know what the other group (the so-called terrorists) has been through or what they are actually fighting for. I don't think it's our issue unless they are outright attacking black people for no reason whatsoever.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    i do know i ain't getting on no planes with no arabs..........

9. jgyknowledge

jgyknowledge Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Should people of color be concerned with terrorist?

Did people of color die because of the terrorist attacks?

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I assume you know about Kenya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.