Black People : Shoshana Johnson Jessica Lynch

ConspiracyDog

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 15, 2003
Warren Ohio USA
NBC is going to make a move about Jessica Lynch and from what I understand she is being offered big book deals to. When you see the name Jessica Lynch it’s always in the company of words like values, honor, daring operation and heroism she is Americas golden girl. Now what I want to know is why Shoshana Johnson has just simply vanished from the media eye, was she not she shot! Or was it just my imagination what is it? Was she not pretty enough? Was her family not as supportive enough? OR WAS IT THAT SHE WAS NOT WHITE enough. Perhaps it was Jessica’s last name that the press was impressed with Lynch!
There was an outdoor interview with the family rep of Shoshana Johnson this is when she was released.
The rep asked the press “do you have any questions” not one person did, and this was her hometown. I also noticed that she was treated just like any other POW even by other blacks. But now we have super honky Jessica Lynch! Golden goddess of the war.

Hi Everyone,

I was reading the post and noticed that the story of what really happened to Jessica lynch and how shoshana was ignored wasn't posted. I kept the story for myself and think this will anger some. I felt sad for Shoshana and angry that the real hero's were ignored.

A Forgotten Story

U.S. Army Spec. Shoshana Johnson limped slowly into the press conference at the Rayburn House Office building on June 12 and took a seat at the podium.
The room was filled to capacity with well-wishers, including members of the Congressional Black Caucus. The politicians, family and supporters had assembled to honor the 30-year-old Army cook and single parent from Fort Bliss, Texas, who was captured during the opening days of the Iraq war.
Yet throughout the proceedings, Johnson seemed subdued and uncomfortable. A shy, humble woman, she rarely smiled.
"This is an honor I don't feel I deserve," said Johnson, in a soft, Southern drawl after being presented with a plaque and a flag. Her mother wept with pride.
Johnson's words were befitting a hero. Yet throughout the simple ceremony, an undercurrent of tension prevailed. Well-wishers whispered that the Pentagon had tried to block the ceremony. Told that the press would not be allowed to ask questions and that Johnson was under strict orders not to talk, people wondered why.
"This is an honor," people whispered, "they feel she doesn't deserve."
The rumors and whispers and snide remarks appeared to be more than half true. Indeed, the caucus held the ceremony almost as an act of defiance.
The caucus had hoped to give Shoshona an official resolution of Congress, but that plan had been blocked by House Republicans and Pentagon officials.
"They weren't comfortable honoring someone of one particular race. They didn't want to single someone out," said caucus spokesman Doug Thornell, although the resolution would have made no mention of Johnson's ethnicity. Thornell said House Republicans argued that a resolution honoring all the prisoners of war that had been introduced earlier was sufficient.
"They believed it would set a bad precedent," added Emile Milney, press secretary for Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.). "It was felt at the Pentagon, too. They shared the same sentiment."
Nevertheless, the Black Caucus decided to honor Johnson, believed to be the first African-American woman to be taken as a prisoner of war, because they felt her heroics had been ignored.
"It was a need to rectify the government's lack of recognition of her," said Milney. "They [the caucus] felt she had earned it. She has shown bravery and patriotism while serving her country."
"Honoring you is like honoring ourselves," said Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas).
"Miss Johnson's dedication to her job represents the highest ideals of patriotism and military service," said Rangel.
Johnson was one of seven soldiers captured on March 23 during an ambush, when the 507th Maintenance Ordnance Company that supported the 3rd Infantry took a wrong turn.
Three women soldiers were part of that ill-fated unit, Army Pfc. Lori Ann Piestewa, Pfc. Jessica Lynch and Johnson.
Reportedly, Piestewa died from injuries she sustained when the vehicle she was driving crashed during the ambush. Piestewa was the first Native-American woman ever killed in combat. Last month, Native Americans successfully lobbied to have a mountain in Arizona named Piestewa Peak, although many Arizonians insist on retaining the old, racially offensive name, "Squaw Mountain," and the federal registry has yet to recognize the change.
Johnson was shot twice and endured weeks of harsh captivity. She was one of those paraded before Iraqi cameras, with films shown around the world. Her face, wan with fear, was burned into the memories of people everywhere. She virtually disappeared after her return to the States.
In contrast, Lynch has been hailed as a hero. The 20-year-old supply clerk apparently was held separate from the others.
Then, on April 1, after 10 days in captivity, Lynch was rescued by a covert Special Forces Unit. And an early press account, apparently relying on Pentagon sources, claimed Lynch had been wounded after an incredible feat of heroism, emptying her M-16 into Iraqi soldiers even after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds.
"She was fighting to the death," one unnamed official told the {Washington Post.} "She did not want to be taken alive."
"Lynch continued firing at the Iraqis even after she sustained multiple gunshot wounds and watched several other soldiers in her unit die around her," claimed the {Post} on April 3, in a report that now has been largely discredited.
The Pentagon now acknowledges that unlike Johnson, Lynch was never shot and probably never fired her weapon.
Still, it is Lynch, described as "waif-like" and "blonde" from a small town in Palestine, W. Va., who has become a national hero. The {New York Times} reports that media outlets from CBS to MTV are bidding for her story, and that her family is wading through several million-dollar deals for books, documentaries and made-for-TV movies. The Lynch family, reported the {Times}, is expected to sign with an agent in the near future.
All of this in spite of the reports that Lynch more closely resembled a "patient of war" rescued from a hospital full of hospital personnel, most of whom were treating Lynch for injuries sustained when her vehicle crashed into another vehicle while fleeing Iraqi forces. Lynch was not suffering from bullet or stab wounds. She never fired her gun.
Three weeks later, Johnson emerged with her fellow soldiers, hobbling to the rescue helicopter, suffering from bullet wounds in her ankles. Rumors of her bravery never surfaced. Declarations of how she fought off her attackers were never reported. Tales of her bravery were never told. There were no documentaries with smiling former schoolteachers and friends with stories of her ambitious youth. Just as during her weeks of captivity, Johnson seemed to have disappeared.
"I don't think anything should be taken from Jessica Lynch," said Milney. "I just wish they'd show more attention to Shoshana."
At its June 12 tribute, the Black Caucus tribute thanked Johnson for "displaying bravery and heroism during Operation Iraqi Freedom." They gave her the plaque and the flag.
Her family glowed with pride or wept quietly.
Then Johnson was quickly whisked away.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back