Black Spirituality Religion : shoot the messenger?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jun 9, 2008.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    to what extent do the flaws of the messenger reflect on the message?

i have seen that my spiritual leader has some flaws. i find no flaws in the message.
    can a perfect message be carried by a flawed messenger?

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    the perfect message

always supersedes the flawed messenger

so to answer your question

the perfect message can be brought by a flawed messenger

one of the hardest things i've had to do was try to filter out

the extras and/or embellishments of a "messenger"

seeing and hearing the "true" message takes time and patience

and the ability to decipher thru the BS

peace James great work with obama

now what's next

i know you like to look on the bright side

though this election seems to me to be heading for picking the white

candidate or the black candidate

your thoughts?

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The perfect message...

is not in a book, but inside each and every human being, because that is where GOD dwells.

4. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Absolutely a "good" message can be carried by a flawed messenger. I was ask you to challenge the message in order to decide how good it really is.

I have never heard of a PERFECT message, but I am open to one if you believe you have one.

A messenger is just to expand your knowledge in the right direction, the flaws of the messenger have nothing to do with the knowledge you've gained.

5. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    It would

depend on what your perception of flaw'd is?

6. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I agree 100%, if im gonna have a spritual leader i would tell him/her, "preach what you live, dont live what you preach." In other words dont tell me a fairy of some pie in the sky bs about the way things should be according to some book, tell me your experience and how its worked for you. Most people especially christian leaders dont believe in or live the crap that they preach, which is why they are always getting caught red handed.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    it seems that black people often gather around a charismatic leader. the problem is that some times the charismatic leader does not posses a lot of insight into their own behavior.

we get these cults of personality.

this may be great for the leader, but it does not secure the group for long term survival. what happens when the leader dies? if they have not built a strong foundation but based everything in the organization on the leader always being there to run everything, when the leader is no longer there the group falls apart.

the flaw i see in black groups and black governments is that there is no continuity. one cat decides he is it for life.
    there is no one set up to take over. in africa, it seems that every time they want a new leader, they have to go to a civil war.
    no one will transfer or even share power. we end up fighting war after war after war. this is why the african countries cannot get ahead. they keep killing each other.

there are few black groups that exist from one generation to the next. we just do not know how to transfer leadership.
    this is the flaw in the charismatic black leader.

8. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    IMHO

:SuN006: A spiritual leader is just another form of a proxy. I don't need that nonsense when I can counsel directly with GOD.:skate:

9. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Yes…and because they don’t, one may do well to do the WORK suggested by DSS…

In addition, I sense it would be good to recognize as SiS. Fine states…
    Now, I do make the connections our Elder Osiris teaches in terms of US being “Divine beings” as opposed to “human” beings. KNOWING this (for myself) helps me overstand and place in perspective the fact that any “messenger” of Afreekan Descent has been covered with a bunch of B.S. and are not able to function as the Divine BE~ings they are. Therefore, we have the shyutation you speak of here…
    I also hold the same position as Brother (?) A007 in that….
    While WE may be covered up with a lot of B.S. (which I also refer to as “white out”), WE still carry the seed of Divinity in our DNA, at the center of our Dark Being…our core. Because of this…our Creator KNOWS Us ..even when we don’t KNOW SELF.
    That Creative Energy “speaks” to me, “reveals” to me, those things I need to see…about me. When I see me, I see thee. When I connect with a “leader”, charismatic or not, I am connecting with that message that further reveals me to me, reconnects me to me and /or which fits with the purpose of me being here….now…

I take it and then work to DO as SiS Each1 suggest is helpful for her….
    This is the work of my RE~covery program. To share YOUR experiences, strengths and plans. Allow others to listen and take what it is they need at the time. Not TELL them what they SHOULD be thinking, how they SHOULD be doing etc…based on MY/YOUR ish.
    My stuff is mine..people are FREE to “take what they like and leave or store the rest”.
    That is the Work of recovery and the practice of members who attend meetings the 12 step way. This is the foundation for the ‘success’ of 12 steps programs. It takes away the need for or tendency towards JUDGEMENT of another and allows the person sharing to take responsibility for their own ish.

I listen to people, proclaimed messengers or not, and…
    I recognize us ALL as “messengers” with a “perfect” message….

With an ear towards how it relates to me BE~ing the best possible me.
    I sense if more people thought and behaved in such a way, well…..in the end,
    We’d be DO~ing this…
    The Creator or Neter is US

Thanks for Sharing this topic!

M.E.
    :hearts2:

10. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    definately co-sign on this right here Br. J....

this is real talk...

everything that glitters ain't always gold....

people do go for whateva look good..

my friends do it all the time... all u need is some bling bling and a nice pair of sneakers and u in like flint.......

leaders IMO should be seasoned and flexable.... u have to deal with many personalities... but in the days of old that was the purpose of the Pharoahs to designate the next leader and to teach them how...

how to be just, fair, balanced .......

when one is dedicated to the people it's one thing.. and when they dedicated to their own agenda it's another........ unfortunately, we moving toward the latter, which is evident by simply just looking around and admitting what is important to us.......

but how can we change this perception?????